i got flamed for asking earlier.......

my hobby is making wallpapers and i want to be able to see them.

i was told you can't hide the icons, then i saw these screenshots.

am i missing something?
    maybe the icons don't show up unless you hit the Home button or something?

EDIT: oops. that's a Passport.
    but still....
    08-31-15 04:00 AM
    Which OS have you got? On my Q10 I still have 10.2. and it is not possible there.

It's possible from 10.3.1 and above: it's in the screen settings: toggle show wallpaper when all frames are closed (show home page, indeed)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    08-31-15 05:01 AM
    If you really must, then look on BBW for apps that allow you to position your icons on the home screens. These work by allowing you to create invisible icons which you can then rearrange. Create a full home screen of invisible icons and Bob's your uncle
    08-31-15 05:29 AM
    Which OS have you got? On my Q10 I still have 10.2. and it is not possible there.

It's possible from 10.3.1 and above: it's in the screen settings: toggle show wallpaper when all frames are closed (show home page, indeed)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    i'm thinking of buying a new Classic.
    would that work?
    then i would get that blank home screen, but be able to bring the icons up as needed?
    Last edited by paradive; 08-31-15 at 02:25 PM.
    08-31-15 02:01 PM
    If you're talking about the totally blank screen that just has the date and time, that's on the stock OS that would come on the Classic as long as no apps are on active frame. That page is where the active frames would be, so without any open, it'll just be blank. Then app icons will be on the pages following.

If you're talking about being able to rearrange icons so they are (for example) only on the right side of the screen or only on the bottom of the screen, you'll need an app. Basically this app will make fake blank icons. You arrange these to take up the spaces you want to show the bg and then arrange the normal icons around them.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    eliirodz likes this.
    08-31-15 02:36 PM
    If you're talking about the totally blank screen that just has the date and time, that's on the stock OS that would come on the Classic as long as no apps are on active frame. That page is where the active frames would be, so without any open, it'll just be blank. Then app icons will be on the pages following.

If you're talking about being able to rearrange icons so they are (for example) only on the right side of the screen or only on the bottom of the screen, you'll need an app. Basically this app will make fake blank icons. You arrange these to take up the spaces you want to show the bg and then arrange the normal icons around them.

whaddya mean by "Then app icons will be on the pages following"?

so the blank home screen and the app screen w/ the icons is separate/?
    08-31-15 02:40 PM

hello?
    yes? no?
    i need to know in order to make this purchase.
    08-31-15 05:45 PM

Right. With OS 10.3.1 on Classic, first page - home page - is blank home screen with date. Second page to the right is screen with icons of apps. If you have many apps then you continue to have third, forth page with icons to the right and so on.

See mine
    Home screen when no app is running
    Attachment 369180

Home screen when apps Crackberry and Facebook are running
    Attachment 369181

Apps icon page, pay attention to the small home and dots icon with number right above the search icon at the bottom to know which screen you are at
    Attachment 369182

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:01 PM
    Right. With OS 10.3.1 on Classic, first page - home page - is blank home screen with date. Second page to the right is screen with icons of apps. If you have many apps then you continue to have third, forth page with icons to the right and so on.

See mine
    Home screen when no app is running
    Attachment 369180

Home screen when apps Crackberry and Facebook are running
    Attachment 369181

Apps icon page, pay attention to the small home and dots icon with number right above the search icon at the bottom to know which screen you are at
    Attachment 369182

Posted via CB10
    sounds perfect.
    so i'll be able to see my whole wallpaper then just swipe right (or is there a way with the keyboard? i ask cuz i'm handicapped - only 1 hand) to access apps.
    08-31-15 06:23 PM
    Invisible icons app on Blackberry world.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2639 
    08-31-15 07:28 PM
    confusion  about the screen-img_20150831_192858.png

08-31-15 07:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150831_192858.png 
Views:	656 
Size:	574.3 KB 
ID:	369185

i can even handle that.....
    a screenshot i saw had it covered with icons.
    08-31-15 07:58 PM
    sounds perfect.
    so i'll be able to see my whole wallpaper then just swipe right (or is there a way with the keyboard? i ask cuz i'm handicapped - only 1 hand) to access apps.
    If you get the Classic then it shouldn't be an issue as you will be able to navigate around using the trackpad.

Home screen will always display your wallpaper when no app is running as I mentioned earlier.

Some other folks here mention about the invisible icons - only available by using an app - which can be used to arrange your apps screens just like screenshot from blambtn.

Hope it clears your confusion.

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    09-01-15 12:08 AM
    last question..............

i always have the music player running (i just pause it).
    will that cause an issue?
    09-01-15 12:31 AM

An issue with what? I don't see any problems at all. I usually have music player playing all the time when I'm on a trip. Of course your device uses more battery when you plays music.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:03 AM

I listen to music on my to work every morning and I pause it before I disconnect it from my car stereo. Sometimes I leave it paused for hours. It won't hurt anything.

09-01-15 02:08 PM

Yes, this is basically the order of the screens from left to right.

Hub -> Homescreen (where minimized apps will show as active frames or just the date and time if no apps are minimized) -> Apps

09-01-15 04:22 PM

Your only issue with that is whenever you connect to any device with music playing ability like a bt speaker, headphones, car audio, etc, it'll automatically start playing. If you like that, then it's all good, if not, there's a play/pause button on the right side of the device.

Also, quick tip if you're using only one hand due to your disability, normally on BB10 apps, the menu for settings, help, about, etc. are accessed by swiping down from the top of the screen. Sometimes that can be annoying to do with one hand. With the Classic, holding the BB key (the one left of the trackpad with the BB logo) will bring that menu down. Pressing it normally will bring up the menu on the side. This way you never have to reach up to get that top menu, just hold the BB button, then use the trackpad to select the option you need.

09-01-15 04:27 PM
    An issue with what? I don't see any problems at all. I usually have music player playing all the time when I'm on a trip. Of course your device uses more battery when you plays music.

Posted via CB10
    take up the homescreen?
    09-01-15 08:06 PM
    take up the homescreen?
    Yes, the music app will take up the home screen. Your home screen then will look like this
    Attachment 369312
    If you really wanna have blank screen for full wallpaper then you can consider to use a free app to add invisible icons to your first app screen, similarly to blambtn's screen shot. But you can do even further to add full of invisible icons into one app screen so there is no icon taking up space.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:31 PM
    what about the hub?
    is it blank?
    09-01-15 10:45 PM
    With the Classic, holding the BB key (the one left of the trackpad with the BB logo) will bring that menu down. Pressing it normally will bring up the menu on the side. This way you never have to reach up to get that top menu, just hold the BB button, then use the trackpad to select the option you need.

Slagman, you're the best. This and the tip to swipe left or right (in the direction that the "more" option shows to access the rest of the overflow menu) on the trackpad make me so happy. The Classic is awesome. There is a little bit more of a learning curve but the trackpad and toolbelt functions were very well thought out. I'm very happy I came around to the Classic!
    09-14-15 03:22 AM
    what about the hub?
    is it blank?
    What do you mean regarding the Hub? It will always show the content you configured to show up. There is no way to make it transparent or display nothing, which also would kinda eliminate the purpose of the Hub.

As for your other questions, the answers are pretty simple:
    The actual "Homescreen", which shows the Active Frames and is always accessed if you swipe up or hit the End Call key, can be configured to show a blank screen when no Active Frames are running.

The following pages on the right side, those that display the app icons, will by default always go from left to right and can't really be left blank at all.
    However as already mentioned in this thread there are apps which can place invisible icons as placeholders so you can basically create blank pages or just place very few icons on the very bottom for example.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 05:01 AM
    Slagman, you're the best. This and the tip to swipe left or right (in the direction that the "more" option shows to access the rest of the overflow menu) on the trackpad make me so happy. The Classic is awesome. There is a little bit more of a learning curve but the trackpad and toolbelt functions were very well thought out. I'm very happy I came around to the Classic!
    No problemo. I never bother to reach all the way to the top of the screen anymore, holding the BB button and using the trackpad to select the option works so much better especially while using the phone one-handed. The toolbelt makes one-handed use so much easier.

09-14-15 08:54 AM