All you classic users out there, give me your feed back!

I currently have an Iphone 4s but looking to switch to the Darkside and I know when you upgrade the software to the newest version that it tends to make your iphone turn to crap! Does this happen in the blackberry OS with the classic or any other blackberry for that matter?
    04-30-15 09:39 AM
    He'll no

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 02:50 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 02:51 PM
    My household Classic is running the latest leaked software without a hitch. Great phone for anyone wishing a physical keyboard and a fine BB10 experience.
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 02:52 PM
    Yes/no, BlackBerry does not have the best QC in the world, updates do cause bugs and glitches and take multiple updates to fix them, which bring along new bugs and glitches.

Though it is difficult to recommend a Classic if your concern is usability, since the keyboard eventually wears out for many users and start malfunctioning with double types and extra or less sensitivity. Alarmingly, reports of this happening is very frequent and starts even in a week, with many ranging from 3 months to half a year. Seeing you still own a 4s, durability is probably a concern, and BB10 devices just don't seem to have a long usable life. The older Blackberry devices on the other hand are much more durable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-15 03:00 PM
    I think it's a great communications device. Lasted me fifteen hours when I was on vacation and away from a charger all day. It was fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 03:04 PM
    Do not well- believe everything you read I have had Classic for 4 months with absolutely zero problems from shop blackberry to latest OS I always receive from desktop BB link . Best battery performance available on mobile device out there today .
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 03:40 PM
    I'm very happy with my Classic! It's the best phone I ever owned imo.
    Every update has its advantages and so far no disadvantages.
    Phone is durable. And yes... there may or not be some lightbleedings. But nothing to be concerned about.
    Overall.... It's a very productive and good phone!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 04:07 PM
    I've found that so far the OS has gotten better and better with every update. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 04:20 PM
    Post #5 gives a very honest and valid answer to your question.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and KMB842 like this.
    04-30-15 05:10 PM
    Post #5 gives a very honest and valid answer to your question.

Posted via CB10
    And what about all other posts? Dishonest and invalid?
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 05:18 PM
    Love my classic. Traded in my 6plus for one and have not been disappointed with my decision. Keep reading through the forums here and you will find a plethora of experiences.

No one solution is perfect for everyone. You have to weigh what is most important to you.

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 05:24 PM
    I came from a samsung galaxy and an iphone3GS before that. The blackberry classic is amazing and I am positive that as long as they make mobile devices, I will be a customer.

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 06:04 PM
    Q10 better

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 07:59 PM
    I came from an iPhone 6 and after a week I couldn't be happier. I've been away from BlackBerry since my 9930 minus a short stint of a Q10 at one point but missed the toolbelt.

I have only good to say about mine. No issues at all even light bleeding.

Verizon Classic / 10.3.2.500
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 09:23 PM
    I'm about 3 or 4 weeks with my Classic and so far it runs without a hitch. Where it's not the 9900 in terms of being a full feature package (like no voicemail icon on the desktop or lack of customizations), it's a rock solid device that stands on its own merits.
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 11:38 PM
    I switched from a iPhone 6 to a Classic. Love the classic. The battery life is excellent and the 10.3.1 software that came on it is running great.

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    04-30-15 11:54 PM
    my classic is the best phone I've ever owned ... the best thing for me is that its bigger than the 9900 and Q10 which is great for my big hands .... battery lasts for 2 days and the trackpad is just sensational ... also really happy to have the keyboard shortcuts back ... K to lock, U + enter to unlock ... the best bit tho is the "hold down the left shift and scroll with the trackpad" in the hub to highlight emails etc quickly, so you can bulk "mark as read or delete" quickly, is something I'vemissed more than anything ... also the trackpad in the webrowser returns a cursor like a mouse and is precise. Basically the full BB experience is back and i love it
    KMB842 likes this.
    05-01-15 12:46 AM
    Went from a note 4 to the classic. I've had mine a week now. Love it. Have a few friends that have teased me a bit but I don't care. This phone does what I need it to do without any gimmicks. And two day battery life isn't that bad.

Posted via CB10
    KMB842 likes this.
    05-01-15 06:19 AM
    Thank you everyone for your opinions! Much appreciated. I'm big on one handed use and the only thing I really use my phone for is to browse the web, check emails, text and make the occasional phone call so I think the classic would be great for me.

Plus, nothing like hitting a physical the end call button in frustration!
    05-01-15 08:21 AM
    I can't tell you from experience that the classic is awesome, but I've been looking at it. My major hangup is never having a pkb phone, in afraid I would miss the flicks on my z30. That and with my hearing the z30 speakers are excellent. So I'll tell you this much. Coming from android, the Z 30 is the best phone I've ever had. I've been using one for a year now and it's great. If the classic can keep up with the z30 on quality and smooth running, then for you I'd say get the classic. My BlackBerry experience has been great. Got my mother and both of my kids on z10s.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-01-15 08:37 AM
    I went from 9900 to Classic. The experience is very close, but a few things are not as good, and BB has....for whatever reason....simply failed to include basic things from the 9900. But overall it's a great phone.

Build is rock solid. Every time I pick it up I'm reminded of that.

Screen size is great for a phone with a keyboard while still maintaining one handed use.

Keyboard is amazing. I've had a q10 and Classic and never experienced the double typing issue. I'm wondering if it has to do with how people carry their phones (in pocket putting pressure on some keys or in holster).

Battery is decent. Gets though a day but that's it unless you barely use it then you could squeeze out two days, maybe.

Screen is nice...LCD is still better in my opinion. Especially outside.

The fact that I now have a keyboarded BB with a belt, plus a 32 gig card for music, plus an FM radio, plus a decent pod-cast app, plus a Siri-like assistant, plus a decent camera (not great but decent) plus android apps (some won't run), plus a charger port on the bottom (I hope they fired the guy who put it in the side in the earlier phones), plus one handed use.....is very satisfying.
    05-01-15 08:45 AM

Keyboard is amazing. I've had a q10 and Classic and never experienced the double typing issue. I'm wondering if it has to do with how people carry their phones (in pocket putting pressure on some keys or in ...
    From I've read here on CB the double typing isn't a physical issue with the keyboard, rather is has to do with having too many things open - essentially causing the phone to chug a bit, processor slowing down.

Don't have the Classic but I never had a doubling typing issue with my Q10.
    05-01-15 09:07 AM
    I have the habit of closing the apps don't know why just don't like things running when I don't need them (except rad.IO with Solo Whisperings at night keeping me and my dog company!! ). Well depends what you want your phone to do. If you use a lot of apps you will not find all the Apple Apps on BlackBerry even with the Amazon store they just don't exist! I use the classic for communications, Internet radio through a native app, some news reading and no gaming. You might love the physical keyboard or you might hate it. Before making up your mind go down a store and try the keyboard experience out. If you don't like it try the new Leap all touch experience.

Camera is good but not to the extend of Apple. I am full BlackBerry but saying the BlackBerry camera is great is not fully accurate to say the least.

Asking people their opinion about a decision you have to make is not always good. It is your decision. Opinions are a fully objective matter. if anyone asks me if I would recommend the Classic!! Hell yeah!!!! But that's just me.

Make a list of what you use your current phone and then see if BlackBerry can do the same. For sure communication BlackBerry can do better!! Is no mistake about that.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    cartoon2007 and robert_in_la like this.
    05-01-15 12:37 PM
    Thank you everyone! I plan on going down to ATT to check out both phones and go from there. I'm sure the sales associate will try and steer me clear of the BlackBerrys into the direction of the new iPhones or android platforms. To be honest, I had an android and it was the worst experience I had with a phone and although the iphone has been good to me. I want something different and more secure.
    05-01-15 02:13 PM
34 12