I just had one of those light bulb moments where it finally became crystal clear as to why I like the Classic so much. And the answer - WordPerfect.

Strange, you say? Crazy, you think? No. As a WordPerfect user and fanatic since the late 80s, I *still* go back to WP now when writing documents. Why? Because it's so easy to maintain control over your work, to get things done and to have the power that it affords.

Sure many of you may say, but it's a dead product. Not so! They're still developing it and releasing new versions (latest X7). How many times have I tried to delete a blank page from a MS Word doc and not been able to, even after reading the online help and following the instructions? In WordPerfect, open Reveal Codes, there's the code, press backspace or delete and bam! gone. Easy peasy.

The Classic? Well, the toolbelt has returned. End a phone call? Hit the end button. Open the phone dialer? Hit the phone button. Get a menu? Hit the BB button. Highlight text without using the touch screen (remember some people saying the screen isn't all that responsive in cold weather? here's the solution), use the optical trackpad.

In essence, these two products are far from dead, or useless, or irrelevant as some would have you believe.

I may be living in the past, however I am certain that the reasons I use and love both are inexorably intertwined. Would love to know if i'm not the only one. ....or flame on if you must.
    01-18-15 10:11 AM
    +1.

I don't use word perfect, but I do still use. The shortcut keystrokes in excel and quickbooks.

Seems like we are the type of people who enjoy efficiency of work. Not continuously jumping from mouse to keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:28 PM
    I pretty much use WP exclusively. It is so much easier to use than word especially when it comes to headers, footers, page numbering, etc. I can't tell you how many times I curse Word. I am surprised microsoft hasn't copied the reveal codes function, as they have pretty much copied everything else in their arsenal.

I also don't care when my wife and work colleagues make fun of me for using it.

I will say I do like excel compared to Quatro Pro.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-18-15 01:50 PM
    I started with MS Word 6 and am most comfortable with Word 2000, which I continue to use, quite happily, via WINE on Linux.

One of the secretaries where I work has me install WP 5.1 on DOSBox every time she gets a new computer.

I think the OP is far from alone. Who wants to learn new tricks unless they provide a meaningful benefit?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-18-15 02:01 PM