For those of you who utilize wireless charging with your Classics, I ask the following questions:

In general, does wireless charging affect the battery any different than traditional charging (USB)?

Does the battery drain any differently than a USB charge?

I put my phone on a charging stand on my desk while I work. The battery often will get down to the mid 90% range and charge back 100% many times throughout the day. Does this have any negative affect(s) on the battery?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 11:54 AM
    I use wireless charging and have never noticed it going down and up, it charges to 100% and then just maintains it there. Does get a little warm but not hot...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-14-16 12:47 PM
    Didn't even know that wireless charging is possible with the classic.
    What do I need to charge my classic wireless?

BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Classic, Passport - all in use!
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-14-16 12:55 PM
    I really like the Blue Classic, but the wireless charging is such a useful function that I stick the with the AT&T classic for that. I think the Verizon one has the wireless capability as well. It's also less wear and tear on the USB port. Updates are slow on the carriers, so use Sachesi to obtain the latest updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 01:42 PM
    Slagman, my fault. I meant that I take the phone off of the charger for a little while, the charge drops a little and I put it back on the charger. I was curious if frequent behavior like this will hurt anything.

Any down side to using the wireless charger? I guess I'm a little overly cautious because I don't want to damage a non removable battery. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 03:09 PM
    Didn't even know that wireless charging is possible with the classic.
    What do I need to charge my classic wireless?

BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Classic, Passport - all in use!
    It's not all of them, only the SQC100-2 version, aka the AT&T version has it.

05-14-16 04:36 PM
    Slagman, my fault. I meant that I take the phone off of the charger for a little while, the charge drops a little and I put it back on the charger. I was curious if frequent behavior like this will hurt anything.

Any down side to using the wireless charger? I guess I'm a little overly cautious because I don't want to damage a non removable battery. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, it might be too soon to know. So far I've used wireless charging since the phone launched on AT&T and it's still fine. But maybe in a year it might be worse than if I had used regular charging? Not sure.

05-14-16 04:37 PM
    For me the wireless are useful but the only problem i got is the battery temperature up to 45 degree celsius. i have no idea for the reason why it goes high ( normal when i use traditional charging).
    I understand that it must be higher because of wireless technology but does it hurt my classic ?
    05-22-16 09:59 PM