Moving to Classic from Q10. Any others do so? What did you like most about the switch?

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-20-15 03:16 PM
    I did, mostly because of some double typing and unresponsive keys forcing me to either get another Q10 or just get a Classic. Love the bigger screen on the Classic and the heft of the device. Also, 10.3.1 giving me the option of some Android apps which were not available through BB World . The Classic takes me back to the Bold days. By far my favorite BB device was the 9930 so I'm glad to be using a Classic now.

The battery on the Classic is a beast.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-20-15 03:36 PM
    I did too. I like the battery life and the slightly larger screen

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:17 PM
    I switched from 9900 to Classic. Battery life, bigger screen and the sheer speed of the phone is a joy to behold.

And the 'wow, what phone is that?' I get from people still excited me

Posted via CB10 for the  Classic
    05-20-15 04:23 PM
    I did, mostly because of some double typing and unresponsive keys forcing me to either get another Q10 or just get a Classic. Love the bigger screen on the Classic and the heft of the device. Also, 10.3.1 giving me the option of some Android apps which were not available through BB World . The Classic takes me back to the Bold days. By far my favorite BB device was the 9930 so I'm glad to be using a Classic now.

The battery on the Classic is a beast.

I completely agree EXCEPT for the battery life. Since I switched to the Z30 for a while after my Q, I don't remember entirely how the battery life was on my Q10. But the Classic won't even last me 8 hours with light-medium usage

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:25 PM
    Let me start by saying that the Q10 is a great phone, and if the Classic hadn't come along, I would still be using it. I really like the tool belt and brighter screen of the Classic and not having a removable battery is not a factor for me. It took me some time to get used to the slightly larger size and feel of the Classic, in fact, I was very close to returning it. I am so glad that I didn't. This is, hands down, the best phone I've owned.

Now that I am used to the size and feel, I can't imagine not having it. I hope BlackBerry continues to improve the specs of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:23 PM
    I completely agree EXCEPT for the battery life. Since I switched to the Z30 for a while after my Q, I don't remember entirely how the battery life was on my Q10. But the Classic won't even last me 8 hours with light-medium usage

Posted via CB10
    Really? That's weird. I average around 15-16 hours (sometimes a little longer) on normal usage. On heavy usage days, still around 12-13 hours when it hits red.

05-20-15 07:39 PM
    Really? That's weird. I average around 15-16 hours (sometimes a little longer) on normal usage. On heavy usage days, still around 12-13 hours when it hits red.

If mine lasted that long, I would be completely satisfied with it considering I switched from the Z30 (battery life on that lasted easily a full day). I just bought the Classic a little more than week ago, but if the battery life stays this way, I may think about restoring it to factory settings hoping tthat it will improve the battery life.
    05-20-15 09:48 PM
    I came from the Q10, I really liked the feel of the Q10 but after having the classic for awhile I prefer it now. The screen size is nice and the keyboard is much bigger and feels nicer to type on. It just feels and looks like a more important device if that makes any sense gave my daughter the Q10 she is 6 and really likes her BlackBerry. Figured I'd start the Addiction early lol.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-20-15 09:48 PM
    Really want to switch to the Classic!!! It's the phone I've always wanted, but my Q10 should give me another good year, it's a real solid phone. Need more convincing, specs are basically the same besides screen size, and tool belt.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-21-15 12:14 AM
    Well, looks like my new Classic with be my daily driver also.
    I really loved my BB9900 but it has two major problems: First it does not have LTE and therefore of limited use. Next, I suddenly, yesterday, found I could not "validate" my primary gmail account (wrong email addy or wrong password error). I spent hours googling, tried all methods to no avail. TMO tech support says it is a Gmail issue and gave me a number to call. I called and they said it was a security issue and I would need to pay $79.00 !! to fix it! I have three identical bb9900's that act the same way. So it appears it is time to switch from my old daily driver to my new one (Classic).
    The Classic will actually take the place of two of my Blackberry phones-Q10 (which I really did not like-no toolbelt) and the BB9900 which I liked but no LTE. The Classic is growing more n more with me and I love the tool belt (and LTE too).
    05-21-15 04:03 AM
    If mine lasted that long, I would be completely satisfied with it considering I switched from the Z30 (battery life on that lasted easily a full day). I just bought the Classic a little more than week ago, but if the battery life stays this way, I may think about restoring it to factory settings hoping tthat it will improve the battery life.
    Yeah, sounds like there might be something running in the background or otherwise draining your battery behind the scenes. I can understand if you rode the Classic hard and the battery only lasts that long but you stated light-medium usage. Could be a battery/hardware defect too? Anyways, good luck to you. Hope you figure it out. Let us know how it turns out if anything. At least you've got your Z30
    05-21-15 12:51 PM
    The Classic is bigger and has the original look with updated software. I'm old that's why I love the Classic design more than the Q10 or Z phones.
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    05-22-15 07:39 AM
    Yeah, sounds like there might be something running in the background or otherwise draining your battery behind the scenes. I can understand if you rode the Classic hard and the battery only lasts that long but you stated light-medium usage. Could be a battery/hardware defect too? Anyways, good luck to you. Hope you figure it out. Let us know how it turns out if anything. At least you've got your Z30
    Think I may have found the issue. I have downloaded a few Android apps but I specifically chose to download eBay from the Amazon App Store. I needed this (instead of creating an eBay shortcut from the web browser) because I need eBay to run in the background. Once I deleted this, I definitely got another 5-6 hours of battery life.
    05-23-15 08:20 AM
    Classic is my main driver now. I used Z30 previously and still do but as a secondary phone. I do most of my stuffs on Classic. You just feel that you are using a BlackBerry with Classic.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.281
    05-23-15 09:07 AM
    God I hate when people refer to their phone as daily driver or my main driver. Wtf seriously

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-23-15 01:30 PM
    God I hate when people refer to their phone as daily driver or my main driver. Wtf seriously

Posted via CB10
    Well said. It is a phone not a vehicle!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 01:57 PM
    Think I may have found the issue. I have downloaded a few Android apps but I specifically chose to download eBay from the Amazon App Store. I needed this (instead of creating an eBay shortcut from the web browser) because I need eBay to run in the background. Once I deleted this, I definitely got another 5-6 hours of battery life.
    That will do it. Glad you were able to find the problem.

05-23-15 07:05 PM