Anyone else get discouraged by the news the Classic is heading more to a US (ATT provider) roll out of sometime into early 2015. The realist in me now thinking it's being pushed off into spring by the time ATT has it. I was so thinking November or by holidays...and starting to question the wait. This Z10 is fine...but second guessing my wait now (and missing my Bold 9900 more all the time.)

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and nemanja992 like this.
    10-21-14 04:44 PM
    Anyone else get discouraged by the news the Classic is heading more to a US (ATT provider) roll out of sometime into early 2015. The realist in me now thinking it's being pushed off into spring by the time ATT has it. I was so thinking November or by holidays...and starting to question the wait. This Z10 is fine...but second guessing my wait now (and missing my Bold 9900 more all the time.)
    BlackBerry announced the November time frame and since you're on AT&T, you might be able to buy an unlocked Classic from shopblackberry.com or Amazon then...
    10-21-14 04:50 PM
    I'm not, given it wouldn't be a super expensive flagship phone, I'd gladly buy it unlocked from amazon, when my contract is up and I can upgrade my phone, I will use that to get whatever is selling on ebay for the most and will sell that and continue using the Classic...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-14 05:16 PM
    Haha wow. Did we really start another one of these threads with the EXACT same title?! No one knows for sure when it's coming. Damn

Why don't you just wait for BlackBerry to officially announce when it's coming instead of getting your panties in a bunch.

This is getting ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:40 PM
    Haha wow. Did we really start another one of these threads with the EXACT same title?! No one knows for sure when it's coming. Damn

Why don't you just wait for BlackBerry to officially announce when it's coming instead of getting your panties in a bunch.

This is getting ridiculous
    Maria Bartiromo talks to BlackBerry CEO Chen

"I'll give you a couple of examples: We're going to return the familiar user experience in the handsets business. There's a new product called the BlackBerry Classic that's coming out. It's an updated and enhanced version of one of our most popular and successful products called the Bold. It will include a keyboard and a good touch-screen, very fast Internet, Web-browsing capability and multimedia capability. But also it will be very productive and very secure. So, all the familiar things that people love, with some new technology updated. That will come out in November along with the server that helps companies manage devices. Not only the BlackBerry device, but every device, the iPhone and androids and Windows and everything else."
    10-21-14 08:45 PM
    Maria Bartiromo talks to BlackBerry CEO Chen

"I'll give you a couple of examples: We're going to return the familiar user experience in the handsets business. There's a new product called the BlackBerry Classic that's coming out. It's an updated and enhanced version of one of our most popular and successful products called the Bold. It will include a keyboard and a good touch-screen, very fast Internet, Web-browsing capability and multimedia capability. But also it will be very productive and very secure. So, all the familiar things that people love, with some new technology updated. That will come out in November along with the server that helps companies manage devices. Not only the BlackBerry device, but every device, the iPhone and androids and Windows and everything else."
    exactly this article was from April. So these posts that are coming up daily asking the same question are really unnecessary. If OP has just used the search function first then they would have the answer to this question.

I am talking about all these posts asking when its coming to the US. No one knows just wait until November when Chen says something.
    10-21-14 09:18 PM
    Actually, if you notice, my question wasn't about when it was coming. I know the November time frame was what was said all along...and yes, I know it matters what Chen actually says and not what we hear in the rumor mill...and yes, I do know how to do my research (that's the greatest asset about Crackberry). Lighten up on my having a question about being disappointed it will be longer than assumed, OK?

Watching the Passport rollout and seeing ATT isn't offering it yet, now I get there is a difference between roll out date and availability with a carrier date...that I did not realize before. I've got an upgrade opening up, and that price is (likely) a whole lot more doable than an unlocked one. So we wait...and see when it releases...and in the meantime we chat around on Crackberry.
    10-21-14 10:06 PM
    Actually, if you notice, my question wasn't about when it was coming. I know the November time frame was what was said all along...and yes, I know it matters what Chen actually says and not what we hear in the rumor mill...and yes, I do know how to do my research (that's the greatest asset about Crackberry). Lighten up on my having a question about being disappointed it will be longer than assumed, OK?

Watching the Passport rollout and seeing ATT isn't offering it yet, now I get there is a difference between roll out date and availability with a carrier date...that I did not realize before. I've got an upgrade opening up, and that price is (likely) a whole lot more doable than an unlocked one. So we wait...and see when it releases...and in the meantime we chat around on Crackberry.
    Buy the Classic unlocked because it should be fairly cheap since it seems BB is pricing their new devices competitively, and plus the Classic doesn't appear to be a high-end flagship device. Then use your upgrade to get something that sells for a lot on ebay, and sell it. You'll most likely end up with a better deal that way...

For example, if you would get the Classic on upgrade, it will likely cost you $150 to $200. If you buy it unlocked, it'll likely go for $400 at most. Use your upgrade to get a iphone 6 plus, it'll likely be like $250 on upgrade. Those sell for like $800 - $850 on ebay. $850 - $250 = $600 - $400 = $200. You end up making $200 and will have your Classic... I'm absolutely doing that, lol.
    10-21-14 10:45 PM
    Clever...clever...have read where others have mentioned it, but see the pieces come together your way...makes sense!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:50 PM
    If you are on Att, can't you just use their new non subsidy plan and buy the phone outright and then save on your bill?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:24 AM
    If you are on Att, can't you just use their new non subsidy plan and buy the phone outright and then save on your bill?

Posted via CB10
    There is no difference on your bill. That might be the case on other carriers in other countries, but for AT&T regardless of if you bring your own phone or not, it's the same. I started with them with my own phone, after I bought a phone discounted on contract my bill was exactly the same.

10-22-14 01:07 PM
    Very reliable source within Rogers Wireless said their release date is December 17th
    10-22-14 02:48 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic--but If this comes out on ATT only and I buy an unlocked one, what are my options for using it on other US service providers-T-mobile, pre-paid, Verizon etc?

Thx
    10-22-14 03:08 PM
    Tmobile US will work with it. The Passport does already. But you may not get wifi calling. At least not without hassle.

Posted via CB10
    Oz Inglorious likes this.
    10-22-14 03:37 PM
    Don't take an April statement serious! Things change...

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-22-14 03:42 PM
    AT&T and T-Mobile are mostly interchangeable and a current phone should be fully compatible with both.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:15 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic--but If this comes out on ATT only and I buy an unlocked one, what are my options for using it on other US service providers-T-mobile, pre-paid, Verizon etc?

Thx
    The "unlocked" version will be a GSM device and will work great on both ATT and T-Mobile. You just need to make sure you get the GSM model made for the North American market as they may have 2 different GSM models - one for North America and one for the rest of the world.
    10-22-14 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Next Program from AT&T is not for everyone. The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) option will reduce your monthly bill by $15 or $25 depending on your data plan and the number of devices on the account.

I purchased both Q10 at shopblackberry.com for my parents and there is a $25 discount each for those two lines. When you calculate the product of $25 and 24-months, it will be $600. So depending on the retail price of the Classic, some say $400, you will save $200 for 24-months against using the Next program or the 2-year commitment pricing (no $15 or $25 monthly discount on 2-yr commitment phone pricing).
    10-22-14 10:38 PM
    The Next Program from AT&T is not for everyone. The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) option will reduce your monthly bill by $15 or $25 depending on your data plan and the number of devices on the account.

I purchased both Q10 at shopblackberry.com for my parents and there is a $25 discount each for those two lines. When you calculate the product of $25 and 24-months, it will be $600. So depending on the retail price of the Classic, some say $400, you will save $200 for 24-months against using the Next program or the 2-year commitment pricing (no $15 or $25 monthly discount on 2-yr commitment phone pricing).
    That's only the Next program and the family share. My plan is a regular post-paid plan. There is absolutely no discount if I bring my own phone onto my plan, I know because that's how I started on it, with my own phone. This is like 10 years ago, before the Next program and the family share. And whether I had my own phone like in the beginning, or when I bought a phone at a discounted rate and signed a contract, my monthly bill didn't go up one cent. I'm not entirely sure if they still offer the standard post-paid plans anymore though...

Edit: Looking at their website, it looks like if you don't already have a plan with AT&T from before when they still had standard post-paid plans, it doesn't look like you can get one as a new customer. Now all it shows is the Next and the family share plans, which does charge extra if you buy a phone. Oh well, I guess they noticed the European way of contracted plans and have gone that route to make more money. I'll just keep my grandfathered old plan though and not have to worry about those things. :-)
    10-22-14 11:44 PM
    Slagman yes, I know my brother does have a non subsidy post paid plan with AT&T.
    Are you saying that is only for family plans and not individual plans?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:35 AM
    Slagman yes, I know my brother does have a non subsidy post paid plan with AT&T.
    Are you saying that is only for family plans and not individual plans?

Posted via CB10
    Now it's for all of them. Their "individual" plan now is just the family plan with one line. So now it's true that you pay more for getting a phone. But with my old style plan, it wasn't the case.

10-23-14 09:30 AM
    Yes, this has only been the case for less than a year.

Tmobile has gotten the whole industry to adopt these plans.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:57 AM
    Yes, this has only been the case for less than a year.

Tmobile has gotten the whole industry to adopt these plans.

Posted via CB10
    I'm lucky to have this old style plan, I have confirmed that even if I buy a phone at the discounted rate by signing a new contract for my existing grandfathered plan that it will continue to not add any additional charge for the phone. I currently pay less per month than even the bring your own device price and get more data (unlimited).

10-23-14 01:45 PM
    That's pretty cool.
    Just curious, would you rather have the Att Passport or one direct from BlackBerry?

I like unlocked since they are bloat ware free.

But I am on TMobile so I need the version with wifi calling and Tmobile didn't put any junk on the z10 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:16 PM
    does anyone know for certain if Verizon will carry the Classic, if so, when will they make it available to the public?
    10-26-14 05:24 AM
33 12