I have an unlocked passport on T-Mobile that I use as my daily driver and an S6 Edge that I have from T-Mobile. I've been thinking of trading in the S6 for a Classic with the new Jump on demand program. The passport was my first BlackBerry, and I love it, but I'd probably have to sell it to pay for the upgrade. I guess what I'm asking is that, having never used one of the phones that the Classic is 'based on,' would the classic still be worth it?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:11 PM
    I have an unlocked passport on T-Mobile that I use as my daily driver and an S6 Edge that I have from T-Mobile. I've been thinking of trading in the S6 for a Classic with the new Jump on demand program. The passport was my first BlackBerry, and I love it, but I'd probably have to sell it to pay for the upgrade. I guess what I'm asking is that, having never used one of the phones that the Classic is 'based on,' would the classic still be worth it?

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

My recommendation is that the Classic is only good if.....
    • the Passport is too large for you
    • you still need the 'toolbelt' (very useful for technophobic updaters from BBOS)

I would never get a Classic, but if I had to get rid of my Passport, I'd revert to a Q10 (the phone I had before my Passport, and basically the same as a Classic, but without the toolbelt).

The Passport is the best smartphone I've ever had, but evidently everybody's needs are different....

I'd say stick with your Passport.... but as you've probably realised from reading the blurb above, I'm more than a little biased!
    06-28-15 06:01 PM
    Hi,

My recommendation is that the Classic is only good if.....
    • the Passport is too large for you
    • you still need the 'toolbelt' (very useful for technophobic updaters from BBOS)

I would never get a Classic, but if I had to get rid of my Passport, I'd revert to a Q10 (the phone I had before my Passport, and basically the same as a Classic, but without the toolbelt).

The Passport is the best smartphone I've ever had, but evidently everybody's needs are different....

I'd say stick with your Passport.... but as you've probably realised from reading the blurb above, I'm more than a little biased!
    Yeah, the only reason I'm really thinking about switching is that I want to try more BB devices. I'll probably end up switching my S6 for the Classic and keeping the passport so I can switch between them.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:10 PM
    There are tons of threads already regarding Passport vs. Classic, many of them feature multiple pages with lots of opinions, insight views and comparisons of users who own(ed) both devices.
    I suggest doing a search so you can do some extended reading.

I for one just finally sold my Passport last week to settle down for the Classic. Too the just recently refurbished unit died after six days and needs to be sent back - again. So I am stuck with the Q10 for now.

Most major concerns regarding Classic vs. Passport are: Physical size, performance, keyboard (layout) and battery life.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:49 AM
    Yeah, the only reason I'm really thinking about switching is that I want to try more BB devices. I'll probably end up switching my S6 for the Classic and keeping the passport so I can switch between them.

Posted via CB10
    Gave up my S6 for a classic, haven't looked back. Love having a real keyboard again!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:52 AM
    I was thinking about switching to a Classic too from my Passport. I like the Passport performance wise but it is just too large for me in many situations.

Since I absolutely want a physical keyboard, the Classic is the only option next to the Q10 which I've had before and between those two, I prefer the slightly larger size of the Classic and also the toolbelt. Otherwise I would go back to an Android phone.

What's really worrying me about the Classic is its performance.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 03:26 AM
    The Classic is a fantastic device in many ways. For me, it has the greatest qwerty keypad of any BlackBerry device I've ever used.

I also love the size, weight and feel. I could do with the device being a couple of mm thinner, but that's neither here nor there!

The screen isn't as good as the Passport, but it is night and day better than the Q10. I don't really know how anyone would use a Q10 as their only phone and their main phone as I've tried and I just can't with that amoled screen that doesn't perform well in the light and the tiny size. Though some love that!

I think the Classic is brilliant. I jumped ship from the iPhone to the Classic and I'm not regretting it at all. I change my phones quite a lot but hoping to keep hold of this Classic until at least they replace it with a Classic 2!

I liked my Passport but found it to be too big and cumbersome for everyday phone use.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:46 AM
    I have both. Both of them are my daily drives since I have to keep two numbers running. If you rely on Apks
    a lot, I would say stay with Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 06:39 AM
    Dont worry about the performance. I came from a passport aswell and hardly see any difference! Its only a little slower with android apps, with native apps its really smooth and its a fantastic phone to use!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:48 AM
    Just sold my AT&T Passport, and bought a NIB AT&T Classic. Can't wait to be back on the Classic. I have really missed the form factor.
    06-29-15 09:32 AM
    Passport is a multi utility phone as it replaces your notebook, tab with its 1:1 square display ratio and the 801 qualcom quad core processor is best when it comes to multitasking, playing immersive 3D games and one could connect the passport via slimport to a 4K display or TV to decode the HEVC files upto 2K resolution of 1080p. One good thing I found in passport is that it could flawlessly decode the next generation HEVC H265 codec and one could store and watch small size high quality HD movies streamed directly thru DLNA, slimport HDMI to a projector or a TV. The next generation 4k support is going to be there with blackberry 10.4 OS which passport could decode it and play on its native media player.. it s a beast and I cannot replace with a classic... I would love to go back to my Q 10 instead

Posted via my favorite Passport
    06-29-15 10:00 AM
    Passport is a multi utility phone as it replaces your notebook, tab with its 1:1 square display ratio and the 801 qualcom quad core processor is best when it comes to multitasking, playing immersive 3D games and one could connect the passport via slimport to a 4K display or TV to decode the HEVC files upto 2K resolution of 1080p. One good thing I found in passport is that it could flawlessly decode the next generation HEVC H265 codec and one could store and watch small size high quality HD movies streamed directly thru DLNA, slimport HDMI to a projector or a TV. The next generation 4k support is going to be there with blackberry 10.4 OS which passport could decode it and play on its native media player.. it s a beast and I cannot replace with a classic... I would love to go back to my Q 10 instead

So would have kept the passport if it was a little less wide

Posted via CB10
    Sridhar M likes this.
    06-29-15 10:14 AM
    So would have kept the passport if it was a little less wide

Posted via CB10
    Yes the size is something of a concern, but it depends on individual opinion and user friendliness!

06-29-15 10:23 AM
    Just a quick question regarding the comparison...Speakers...how are the Classics vs. the Passports?

I'm having to sell my Passport (need the money ASAP) and am thinking HARD about getting a Classic since T-Mo carries them and I'll be able to get one for $18 a month. I just...hmmm...the Android phones are so nice but I love the physical keyboards and BB10....

SIIIIIIGH...
    06-30-15 10:49 AM
    The Classic is a fantastic device in many ways. For me, it has the greatest qwerty keypad of any BlackBerry device I've ever used.

I also love the size, weight and feel. I could do with the device being a couple of mm thinner, but that's neither here nor there!

The screen isn't as good as the Passport, but it is night and day better than the Q10. I don't really know how anyone would use a Q10 as their only phone and their main phone as I've tried and I just can't with that amoled screen that doesn't perform well in the light and the tiny size. Though some love that!

I think the Classic is brilliant. I jumped ship from the iPhone to the Classic and I'm not regretting it at all. I change my phones quite a lot but hoping to keep hold of this Classic until at least they replace it with a Classic 2!

I liked my Passport but found it to be too big and cumbersome for everyday phone use.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed 100% and what he said.

I liked the Passport but for my work it was too unwieldly to carry around and because of this I had the dropsees! I was not happy about that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-30-15 12:04 PM
    Just a quick question regarding the comparison...Speakers...how are the Classics vs. the Passports?

I'm having to sell my Passport (need the money ASAP) and am thinking HARD about getting a Classic since T-Mo carries them and I'll be able to get one for $18 a month. I just...hmmm...the Android phones are so nice but I love the physical keyboards and BB10....

SIIIIIIGH...
    If you really love physical keyboards don't hesitate and get the Classic.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    06-30-15 12:04 PM

SIIIIIIGH...
    I think the Passport is slightly better as a Speaker-Phone than the Classic - the speakers seem slightly louder and clearer, and the person on the other end of the call says that they hear us more clearly (less background noise) when we use the Passport - note: we haven't done a scientific comparison, it's just been a case of whose phone we are using at the time (so background noise, line quality, etc will be different each time).

For playing Classical Music in the background whilst reading a book, the Passport is slightly louder, and slightly better for high volume higher notes (eg Queen of the Night aria from Magic Flute).

Summary: not a massive difference for me, but the Passport just outdoes the Classic in both categories.

Hope this helps. (Note: I have really good hearing for a 47 year old, but if you are in your teens you should have a better/different range of hearing to me - then again, if you constantly listen to very loud music you might not.....)
    06-30-15 03:15 PM
    I definitely prefer the Classic. It's like the good old BlackBerry's, but with many more features and enchanted software. The passport is simply to awkward for me, and I really think it depends on what you prioritize most.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 05:17 PM