OK please don't flame me but I must know from others who have found themselves in the same position as myself.

I ordered the Classic and the 6 to do my own comparison and should have them by the 2ND or the 3rd and trust me I can keep an open mind but what I'm trying to find out (again please don't flame me) what have any of you my loyal BlackBerry followers found in your personal experience between these two phones.

So far I have seen the 5c against the Z10 and well the 5c is more fun against the Z10 as far as apps but the Z10 has better typing responses and is more business oriented.

I have the Z30 and it's great for business no complaints here but I wanted a more social phone Facebook etc with a well built typing system and my Z10 is not up to par and no updates have been issued to bring my Z10 up to 3.10 yet and no one seems to know when AT&T will allow us to download the update yet.
    The price that AT&T is selling me the iPhone for is enough to give me a nose bleed if chose to keep it, not cool compared to what Apple is selling it for.
    So if anyone has inside information please let me/us know.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:14 AM
    I'd choose a Blackberry 10 device over an iPhone any day. The hub keeps my life organized and I'm fully confident I can make it through any day without charging.

What else do you need?

This was all typed out from my Blackberry Classic

PS. Feel free to ask any questions.

Enjoy your Classic!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:48 AM
    Is it a good social phone? I have a great Z3O and I don't wanna be a Black Rat (a Benedict Arnold that betrays BlackBerry) and look to other phone manufacturers but I need a great phone that can let me type surf sites like Facebook and not give me typing blues, like the site is incompatible with my phone like the Z30 and or the Z10.
    Yes I love my Z30 wouldn't trade it for the world!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:13 AM
    I'm going to just go out there and say it. Don't be afraid to try other devices. I had a Bold 9900 and a Q10. Those were my first two Blackberry's and I loved them. I sort of went full circle after those two phones. I ended up trying android and I have used iOS before too. After using those other OS's it reminded me how powerful BB10 is. It gave me a perspective. Now I have my classic and I'm back on BB10. I don't plan on using any other device. I still use my Playbook for YouTube as well.

Try and make notes of your top uses for a smartphone and arrange those apps to the front of your Blackberry. While your using BB10 don't close your apps. BB10 is better than the rest because it's actually designed to keep you going. Your not going to end up asking your friends "how do I speed up my phone? This thing is getting slow." no that doesn't happen. It's meant to keep your social apps running. It's designed to keep everything going until your actually finished. You can have facebook, instagram, snapchat, and twitter all open together.

Yeah man I just want to hammer that home. BB10 is powerful. My classic is a beast and blackberry devices are awesome because they keep you going.

Posted via CB10
    Michal Be likes this.
    04-01-15 02:30 AM
    In 2007 I think it was logical to make comparisons between the iPhone and the BlackBerry. At the time many consumers were using business orientated smart phones because they were the only devices capable of providing the entertainment most consumers wanted.

The only devices able to surf the net, play an MP3 or kill time with games were those which were used by businesses and professionals who had a need for email, calendar management and creating documents. This was a time when 'Business Performance' meant high end technology. You could either buy a smartphone which could send emails, surf the net, watch multimedia OR you could get a phone that only made calls or texts.

When the iPhone was released it didn't compete with the BlackBerry, it replaced the BlackBerry. Finally there was an option dedicated towards consumers who all along wanted entertainment but had to buy business specification phones in order to access it.

Over time the need for businesses and professionals to have a mobile device which replicated the performance of their desktop computers was met - the technology had been delivered and with the Bold 9900 the combination of performance and function for many users had been perfected. The driver of technological innovation was no longer corporations and professionals, it was individual consumers demanding entertainment.

When the average worker who only sends 10 emails a day and views the occasional PDF was also offered a device which could not only do that but provide them with music and games on the commute - the choice was obvious. Most people value entertainment and media over the ability to type a lengthy email or document. Consumption is more important than production to the masses. Only a corporation, business owner or professional would prioritise work over leisure.

Meanwhile Apple were selling their devices to business owners, professionals and employees on their days off. These products were then brought into work with their employees, so why provide an employee with something that is already in their bag?

The biggest purchasers of BlackBerry products today are enterprises. The products offered offer solutions to business problems - not bored consumers.

A handful of people were leftover who were dedicated to their work. The CEOS, the entrepreneurs, the professionals who really did type 100 emails a day and didn't just say so because it sounded impressive - they were stuck with a 4 year old device and nothing on the market was similar. To this small group, the BlackBerry Classic was made.

The Classic provides the ultimate in terms of function and design for a very small group of people who have very specific needs. It is not a consumer product just because it is available to the consumer, it is a business tool and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:55 AM
    In 2007 I think it was logical to make comparisons between the iPhone and the BlackBerry. At the time many consumers were using business orientated smart phones because they were the only devices capable of providing the entertainment most consumers wanted.

The only devices able to surf the net, play an MP3 or kill time with games were those which were used by businesses and professionals who had a need for email, calendar management and creating documents. This was a time when 'Business Performance' meant high end technology. You could either buy a smartphone which could send emails, surf the net, watch multimedia OR you could get a phone that only made calls or texts.

When the iPhone was released it didn't compete with the BlackBerry, it replaced the BlackBerry. Finally there was an option dedicated towards consumers who all along wanted entertainment but had to buy business specification phones in order to access it.

Over time the need for businesses and professionals to have a mobile device which replicated the performance of their desktop computers was met - the technology had been delivered and with the Bold 9900 the combination of performance and function for many users had been perfected. The driver of technological innovation was no longer corporations and professionals, it was individual consumers demanding entertainment.

When the average worker who only sends 10 emails a day and views the occasional PDF was also offered a device which could not only do that but provide them with music and games on the commute - the choice was obvious. Most people value entertainment and media over the ability to type a lengthy email or document. Consumption is more important than production to the masses. Only a corporation, business owner or professional would prioritise work over leisure.

Meanwhile Apple were selling their devices to business owners, professionals and employees on their days off. These products were then brought into work with their employees, so why provide an employee with something that is already in their bag?

The biggest purchasers of BlackBerry products today are enterprises. The products offered offer solutions to business problems - not bored consumers.

A handful of people were leftover who were dedicated to their work. The CEOS, the entrepreneurs, the professionals who really did type 100 emails a day and didn't just say so because it sounded impressive - they were stuck with a 4 year old device and nothing on the market was similar. To this small group, the BlackBerry Classic was made.

The Classic provides the ultimate in terms of function and design for a very small group of people who have very specific needs. It is not a consumer product just because it is available to the consumer, it is a business tool and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    Very well said. Glad to see someone can post an honest and objective answer.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-01-15 09:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Consumers do business too
    04-01-15 09:44 AM
    Thanks to all.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:31 AM
    thanks for sharing
    04-02-15 05:03 AM
    OK thanks to UPS throwing my new Classic over my gate and on the ground I now have my baby and I think I'm being to keep her, so far have no complaints about the keyboard but I do have a swipe message with an absolutely hideous yellow color that I'd like to be rid of immediately.
    Keeping close eye on Facebook app to see if the bugs are messing with the typing etc

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 01:12 AM
    I had the chance to play with the iPhone 6 for about two weeks when my husband brought his work phone home. Quick thoughts: having used OS10 since 2013, I found the extra steps with iOS8 to be inefficient. Closing apps took extra steps. And having multiple apps running on the iPhone vs the Classic are not the same things. Typing on the Z10, Q10 and Classic was better too vs the iPhone.

Having said that, anyone can get used to a device and platform once they decide that is the ecosystem that they want to stick with. For me, I need a device that is efficient, great with messaging, organized, has expandable memory (I do use Cloud services but also prefer to have my music and photos on my phone at all times), has true NFC, HDMI, USB2GO and bluetooth capabilities. And I find that the Classic fits the bill for me both for work and personal usage.

Posted via Classic
    sid89, andy957 and Black Ice like this.
    04-04-15 09:13 AM