If you've had your classic for at least a week, please let me know your positives and negatives.
    Specifically I'd like to know how you feel about the track pad/tool belt's functionality in BB10, does the phone's processor feel like a drawback, and is the 1:1 screen ratio and size sufficient. I'd expecially like to hear from those coming from other BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:57 PM
    I have had the Classic two plus weeks. I also have the Passport. Love the Classic; I find to trackpad to be a great addition to the device; I love the toolbelt; love the screen and screen size (even though the Passport provides more geography. I find the phone to be very responsive. There is nothing I find problematic with the Classic at all. I would consider myself a power user I suppose. Battery life is really good; the OS is very good; screen clarity is great too!

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    01-31-15 06:13 PM
    I've had mine now for over a month. Track pad has its place in BB10 for sure. I don't use it all the time as I still find myself using the traditional screen swipes but when doing copy paste or selecting a number of emails to delete it comes in really handy.

The main drawback I guess would be media. Watching YouTube videos can be a pain how the screen is smaller compared to my Z10 before.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    01-31-15 06:38 PM
    I've had the Classic for over a month now. Got mine 2 days after it came out. And I believe I am the first person to say its the best phone ever made by Blackberry. The best of both worlds of 9900 and the Q10. This was just a few days after it came out. That sums up d positives for me.
    As for the negatives? Only 1 for me so far. And it is the picture password issue. This causes me to reboot after every few days.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    01-31-15 06:38 PM
    I don't use the picture password feature. I think I've only rebooted my phone once, and that was following the software update a few days ago. I must confess that I don't use my phone to watch video often, although I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Doctor Who' using it and I found it adequate.

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    01-31-15 07:22 PM
    I ordered my Classic on December 17th from Amazon and it was delivered on the time 24th, Christmas Eve. This has undoubtedly been one of the best, most highly anticipated Christmas presents I have had privilege to receive since childhood. So far, I have been quite pleased with the return of the classic tool belt and physical keypad since they help address some issues with the virtual all-touch environment. Personally, I support many and most innovations of modern technology but I also believe that not all changes are best suited to all needs. Very often, change can be too rapid and unsuitable under certain circumstances which can also have drawbacks. As a computer/electronics professional and user of both mobile and desktop devices, my priorities and preferences are firmly based on the convenient and efficient use of technology. I appreciate all innovation and modern styles but my emphasis is more focused on the necessity, usefulness and efficiency of use. Therefore, on this basis I have rallied for the return of the Classic keyboard and toolbelt. The keyboard offers me quick, instant access to several important features, such as phone, contacts, shortcuts, etc. Similar features on the all-touch are slower and often sluggish after one or two swipes or mis-types. The toolbelt also offers additional instant access to similar features that are not quickly or readily available on the all-touch. Indeed, some features (e.g., predictive typing, swipe to make/answer calls, etc.) are unavailable or may have been difficult to implement on the Classic but those are not high on my list of priorities. Perhaps, there were other reasons too, such as, cost, marketing strategy, etc. but even so those are understandable and not critical to me.

Prior to the BlackBerry Classic, the Z10 had been my primary mobile device and the 9780 was backup. However, the Classic has now become my primary device, whilst the Z10 has been demoted to the secondary backup device. Unfortunately, the 9780 has become a historical relic, although it was equally good and useful in it's own era, now R.I.P. From my own experience, I have come to realize that both the Z10 and Classic are equally excellent devices with each one having a different design and emphasis or goal. Genuinely, I like both devices and can't do without either one but definitely, I prefer the Classic. In the final analysis, for other users, the decision regarding the best device may rest on similar or different preferences and priorities, but again to each his own.
    01-31-15 10:06 PM
    Coming from a Q10, the trackpad + toolbelt are priceless! there is nothing close to the feel of pressing a hardware button to receive/end a call and the trackpad enables you to easily select text. Now add the touchscreen into the combo and you get the best of both worlds. Use the touch screen to select programs from your home screen as that's faster and use the trackpad for selecting text! Love it

PS: battery life easily gives me 2 days of moderate usage!
    tuxedo323 and Frehley like this.
    01-31-15 10:42 PM
    z30 running leaked os -> classic running official os only

Just do it. We're talking 450 bucks. If you don't like it in 30 days, put it on ebay.
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    01-31-15 11:17 PM
    If you've had your classic for at least a week, please let me know your positives and negatives.
    Specifically I'd like to know how you feel about the track pad/tool belt's functionality in BB10, does the phone's processor feel like a drawback, and is the 1:1 screen ratio and size sufficient. I'd expecially like to hear from those coming from other BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    I have had my Classic for almost a month. Prior to this I have had the 9780, 9900, Z10 and Q10. I love the larger keyboard and LCD screen. The screen is so much easier for readability and watching videos vs the Q10. I love getting the toolbelt back and have been using it more now that I am more familiar with the device. The back key and trackpad are the ones I use the most.

I know the specs are the same but the Classic just feels like an upgrade to the Q10. The build is premium, I have not had lag, backlight bleeding and gap issues as some have stated on other threads.

Very, very happy with this gorgeous phone. The keyboard is such a pleasure to have.

Posted via Classic
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    02-01-15 12:21 AM
    Not a week yet but changed from a q10, best thing is screen size, and no dead spots like the q10, back buttons work well, the andoid app line was almost unusable on the q10 but classic it's ok. Battery is better aswell. It drives my headphones pretty good aswell, the q10 jack died. Overall I'm happy, even if the specs were not bumped. Prior to BlackBerry I used android and iphone no legacy BlackBerry. Only problem is logging into cb with facebook doesn't show well

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    02-01-15 01:09 AM
    I've tried using Androids several times (sent the Xperia Z3 Compact back yesterday), and have the Passport. I always end up using the Classic (and before that the Q10 & Bold 9930).
    02-01-15 09:04 AM
    Came from the 99 and before that iPhone3. The switch to the 99 saved me 60-70% answering emails.

The Classic is good with the bigger screen and Android apps. There is improvement needed in the OS, but overall a great device.

Just hate the way you have to cut and paste vs the 99.
    Takes way to much effort to high light the text.

There are some things that are faster using gestures but cut and paste is not one of them. No repeat function when holding down the alt key.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 and Frehley like this.
    02-01-15 09:34 AM
    I've had the Classic now for a month and have absolutely loved it.

The trackpad and toolbelt integration with the BB10 OS has been executed in a magnificent way. However, there is vast scope for improvement in this integrated experience.

Small nuances that exist like ending a phone call resulting in the phone app being minimized and then maximized again?

I hope BlackBerry will continue to invest in development of this integration and not abandon the device.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    02-01-15 09:56 AM
    Once you have used the keyboard nothing else compares. Besides i'm sure the Classic 2 will improve every slight oversight in this model but this will hold me over until that time comes lol. If you truly don't socialize then this can be a daily driver but it surely isn't built for media consumption and I'm okay with that I have a note 4 for all that. One device to fit all your needs isn't really a reality like we would prefer it to be. I do more observing and looking on my note 4 and more typing and input on my Classic. It makes me wonder how I lasted so long on a touch screen keyboard I resent them so much now lmao

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-02-15 12:30 AM