As the title suggest I'd like to know how feasible touch typing one handed on the Classic is

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-21-15 02:57 AM
    The Classic ain't actually a small phone and typing speed really goes down the hill using just one hand of course. However with my medium sized hands it is doable and it isn't actually too bad either. Q10 was more comfortable of course for that due to the smaller size, as was the 9900. But still way better than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:24 AM
    With practice and training it works just fine, I use my left hand combined with the trackpad only as much as I can.....so far so good, now touch typing is even easier.

Posted via Classic
    04-21-15 05:05 AM
    You can one handed type! Don't listen to any of these people!

Just don't expect to be super fast!
    04-21-15 08:35 PM
    Do it all the time. Consider myself pretty accomplished at it. Double thumbs will always be faster but single thumb can optimize other activities. Like carrying a coffee mug.

Just started, a few weeks ago, using 9900 in left hand and Classic in right hand... "double fisted" texting... No good with simultaneous typing but great to communicate with my crew on the 99 while replying to client's crew on the Classic.

Classic is larger and heavier than Q10 or 9900 so right hand feels the weight and size by day's end. Still faster with 9900 but Classic hand is catching up.
    04-21-15 11:26 PM
    One or two hands, but I'd try to speed up my typing pace in TypingStudy. It will make you really fast even if you type with one hand in my opinion. At least it was very useful for me when I switched to dvorak keyboard layout. I thought it would be difficult, but it wasn't at all.
    idssteve likes this.
    04-22-15 02:46 AM
    I rather type with 2 hands on my Classic. 1 handed is possible but not really comfortable

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-24-15 03:32 PM
    I can type pretty comfortably on my Classic one-handed but am much quicker when using two hands. If you type frequently one handed I would recommend setting up some shortcuts under Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution for your most commonly used words and phrases to help save time and keystrokes.
    04-25-15 09:14 AM
    I do it all the time. Not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:33 AM