Can someone who has both a Q10 and a Classic give me an idea how the speakers compare?

The Q10 speaker has been an unexpected bonus - not something I even considered when choosing a phone but it turns out it virtually eliminates my need for a bluetooth speaker.
    01-25-15 03:59 AM
    My Classic sounds better than my Q10. Ringtones und notification sounds are much clearer when loud.
    01-25-15 04:20 AM
    It doesn't beat a bluetooth speaker. The only BlackBerry that comes close is the Z30. But indeed, they are better than Q10.

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-25-15 04:31 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.

I have a couple of Q1 speakers and a generic plug-me-into-anything receiver that I use with a good quality table radio.

Side by side the Q10 certainly falls way behind either, but it easily passes the good enough threshold given its always ready to go. Vast majority is podcasts / speech so an easier test to pass.

Mainly asking as I wouldn't want to lose that if I switch to a Classic at some point.
    01-25-15 04:42 AM
    Just wanted to say I marvel at the high quality of my Q10 speaker. I love radio and just streaming stuff half the time I'd rather hear from the Q10 than some actual dedicated radios I have. Good to hear from at least one poster that the Classic is even better.
    01-28-15 09:45 PM
    I just had them side by side playing the same exact you tube video and seems to me that the speakers on the Q10 sounds better than the classic. It may be due to the Q10 being smaller.

Rocking my blast from the past Classic!
    01-28-15 11:18 PM
    If you want to appreciate the speakers of the Q10 or Q20, just use an iPhone 6 for a day and you'll go back running to your BB speakers. Now I come to appreciate the little things that we never do coz this is the norm for us BB users but BB speakers blow any loud speakers out of the water when it comes to loudness and clarity

PS: Just sold my iPhone 6 and bought a Classic, never iPhone again (long story)
    01-29-15 01:02 AM
    I need to disagree. I use a iphone 6 as my main phone and the speakers sound better than the Q10 and the classic. The Q10 may seem like it's a bit louder but it's not as clear when turned all the way up. And the classic is the worst out of the group.

I think it's funny to say that someone would rather have a Q10 over the iphone6. I understand having a physical keyboard is a plus, but I would rather use a superior phone with a virtual keyboard than a phone like the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    01-29-15 10:04 PM
    I need to disagree. I use a iphone 6 as my main phone and the speakers sound better than the Q10 and the classic. The Q10 may seem like it's a bit louder but it's not as clear when turned all the way up. And the classic is the worst out of the group.

I think it's funny to say that someone would rather have a Q10 over the iphone6. I understand having a physical keyboard is a plus, but I would rather use a superior phone with a virtual keyboard than a phone like the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Besides the PKB, the Classic and Q10 have expandable memory, BlackBerry Blend with 10.3.1, the Hub, USB2GO (which I have come to appreciate), DLNA which works great with our smartTV and receiver, Miracast, NFC which works well with our smart tags and file transfers with our Android devices, bluetooth that is not sandboxed, the nice UI of OS10 and the goodness of keyboard shortcuts. So, it isn't all about the PKB only.

Every platform has its niche and reasons why users choose them.

I find the speaker to be fine on my Classic. Loud and clear. If u need fantastic sound, grab the BlackBerry Music Gateway, hook it up to awesome speakers, turn NFC on, tap and play. Works with husband's S5 too.

Posted via Classic
    01-29-15 10:27 PM
    Besides the PKB, the Classic and Q10 have expandable memory, BlackBerry Blend with 10.3.1, the Hub, USB2GO (which I have come to appreciate), DLNA which works great with our smartTV and receiver, Miracast, NFC which works well with our smart tags and file transfers with our Android devices, bluetooth that is not sandboxed, the nice UI of OS10 and the goodness of keyboard shortcuts. So, it isn't all about the PKB only.

Every platform has its niche and reasons why users choose them.

I find the speaker to be fine on my Classic. Loud and clear. If u need fantastic sound, grab the BlackBerry Music Gateway, hook it up to awesome speakers, turn NFC on, tap and play. Works with husband's S5 too.

Posted via Classic
    I need to agree with u in regard to BlackBerry blend and the hub. I really love those features. Everything else I can do on my iphone 6 plus with its built in features or a simple work around.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    I bought an iPhone 6 64GB and loved it at first, loved the speed, the camera is amaaaaaaaaazing.....

but.....here are my gripes:

1) Even though the battery is better than the iPhone 5S as it's 1800 mAH, it still can barely last 1 day and I hate charging it twice a day
    2) sending an attachment in an iPhone is not very intuitive and it only shows me files from my camera roll whereas in my BB, I can place all my documents and stuff on the SD card and easily select any file to attach
    3) attachments again, let's see you have a few reports that you received in separate emails.....when composing a new email and trying to attach any of them files, you can access all the attachments from the hub, with the iPhone, you can't do that and would have to send each attachment in a separate email
    4) while the apps are great, and I bought all the good ones, I find myself often only using the basics, whatsapp, browser, viber, and skype, don't need anything else really
    5) iPhone 6 has the best virtual keyboard of any phone hands down, but I still made a few mistakes here and there, when I touch a physical keyboard, it feels like home again, just can't get over it
    6) while you may be right about the clearness of the loud speaker, it was too low in volume for my liking

this is just my personal opinion, it wasn't a phone for me
    01-29-15 11:16 PM
    I've gotta disagree.

I use the iPhone 6 every day and my Q10 had much louder speakers. The iPhone has decent clarity but nowhere near as loud as the Q10. And when it comes to speakerphone my blackberry annihilates it in every way possible.

I love both phones though
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    01-30-15 12:05 AM
    I bought an iPhone 6 64GB and loved it at first, loved the speed, the camera is amaaaaaaaaazing.....

but.....here are my gripes:

1) Even though the battery is better than the iPhone 5S as it's 1800 mAH, it still can barely last 1 day and I hate charging it twice a day
    2) sending an attachment in an iPhone is not very intuitive and it only shows me files from my camera roll whereas in my BB, I can place all my documents and stuff on the SD card and easily select any file to attach
    3) attachments again, let's see you have a few reports that you received in separate emails.....when composing a new email and trying to attach any of them files, you can access all the attachments from the hub, with the iPhone, you can't do that and would have to send each attachment in a separate email
    4) while the apps are great, and I bought all the good ones, I find myself often only using the basics, whatsapp, browser, viber, and skype, don't need anything else really
    5) iPhone 6 has the best virtual keyboard of any phone hands down, but I still made a few mistakes here and there, when I touch a physical keyboard, it feels like home again, just can't get over it
    6) while you may be right about the clearness of the loud speaker, it was too low in volume for my liking

this is just my personal opinion, it wasn't a phone for me
    I too had the same problem with work files / attachments and storing them where I can easily access them until I came across the best app ever... PDF Expert. Just open any attachment in that app and it's there when u need it. It also let's u email more than one attachment to someone. You can even zip multiple files and pictures. U can rename any file and create folders for them. I have yet to find an app on android or BlackBerry that comes close to it.

Don't get me wrong I like blackberry but I can't survive using it alone. I need all the app options. Especially the entertainment ones. And if I need to transfer files to my desktop I can do so using a wireless thumb drive by sandisk or by using airdrop with my mac. The wireless thumb drive also works as external storage expansion. You can even stream music from it to your device.

I can pretty much find a solution on the iphone for anything that someone says they can't do with it, but can do on another platform or device.

Again the blackberry is an awesome device if all u use it for is work, but 90% of us do way more with a device.

I do respect your opinion and uses for your device of choice, but I hate it when someone criticizes someone or something without knowing all the facts.

Thanks for not getting all bent out of shape for the comments in my last post.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CompMan2013; 01-30-15 at 06:12 AM.
    01-30-15 12:10 AM
    Classic sounds better than Q10
    01-30-15 01:38 AM
    I too had the same problem with work files / attachments and storing them where I can easily access them until I came across the best app ever... PDF Expert. Just open any attachment in that app and it's there when u need it. It also let's u email more than one attachment to someone. You can even zip multiple files and pictures. U can rename any file and create folders for them. I have yet to find an app on android or BlackBerry that comes close to it.

Don't get me wrong I like blackberry but I can't survive using it alone. I need all the app options. Especially the entertainment ones. And if I need to transfer files to my desktop I can do so using a wireless thumb drive by sandisk or by using airdrop with my mac. The wireless thumb drive also works as external storage expansion. You can even stream music from it to your device.

I can pretty much find a solution on the iphone for anything that someone says they can't do with it, but can do on another platform or device.

Again the blackberry is an awesome device if all u use it for is work, but 90% of us do way more with a device.

I do respect your opinion and uses for your device of choice, but I hate it when someone criticizes someone or something without knowing all the facts.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, no one should get bent out of shape over technology.

I do use my phone for more than just work and the blanket statement that Blackberrys are for work only is probably inaccurate. I have all of my music on my device, my kids have games on theirs, my daughter and I are heavy social media users. Etc. We do find that Android platform complements OS10 well. We were heavy iOS users and have moved away from that platform due to a mix of other platforms in our household.

My friends like the simplicity of their iPhones but they don't use Airdrop etc, which is a miss in my opinion.

Posted via Classic
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-30-15 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong dawg, wasn't criticizing the iPhone 6, just saying it's not for me I like to have all my files easily accessible when I need them without resorting to other apps. Additionally, all I use on a phone is whatsapp, Skype, emails, text messaging, and sound hound to identify songs that I listen to on the radio which BlackBerry (thank God) supports, and maybe a few photos once in a while although I miss the superb camera on my older iPhone 6

One thing nice I noticed about the classic and not sure if the Q10 has it is the ability to record videos @ 60 FPS the smoothness between 60FPS and 30 FPS is like day and night. Only the iPhone 6 had it the iPhone 5S doesnt but it was a pleasant surprise to see this as an option on the Classic as well
    01-30-15 10:30 AM
    Don't get me wrong dawg, wasn't criticizing the iPhone 6, just saying it's not for me I like to have all my files easily accessible when I need them without resorting to other apps. Additionally, all I use on a phone is whatsapp, Skype, emails, text messaging, and sound hound to identify songs that I listen to on the radio which BlackBerry (thank God) supports, and maybe a few photos once in a while although I miss the superb camera on my older iPhone 6

One thing nice I noticed about the classic and not sure if the Q10 has it is the ability to record videos @ 60 FPS the smoothness between 60FPS and 30 FPS is like day and night. Only the iPhone 6 had it the iPhone 5S doesnt but it was a pleasant surprise to see this as an option on the Classic as well
    I totally understand. I didn't mean anyone in particular. Im just saying in general.
    People kill the iPhone when they are basically the best phone out there.
    But hey... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    I jus like to help people out. Especially if they encountered a problem I've solved.
    I basically used every flagship phone out there one way or another so I'm speaking from hands on experience.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    01-30-15 10:37 AM
    Lal I do not think the iphone 6 is basicly the best phone. Actually not even in my top 3. I liked my i6 tho, but after 4 weeks it was boring to use. People always say ios is simple and bug free. I've hvnt had the same experience even tho my phone was perfectly fine. I actually think android and windows are even easier to use compared to IOS ( I didn't have difficulty with it personally, but I'm a smartphone junky)

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:13 PM