I've had a Q10 since the model was released in 2013, and generally find it to be a great little handset. The improvements offered by each leaked OS (especially 10.3.1) have narrowed the functionality and app gap between BB10 and other OSs, and being able to run most Android apps is great for not having to carry two phones for those must-have apps.

Whilst my Q10 is quite snappy at running native apps builtin Cascades, it is noticeably slow and sluggish at running Android apps. The screen takes time to refresh, scrolling is jerky, and whilst it is usable if one is patient, the experience is a far cry from using Android on a dedicated Android device.

When information was released about the upcoming Classic, I was pretty excited as the toolbelt and trackpad is the single-most thing I miss from my beloved Bold 9900. Then the device's capabilities started to leak out... Must admit a higher-res screen would have be nice but it's not a showstopper. However having the same memory and CPU as the Q10 is a showstopper, as Android apps will continue to use more memory and processing power as Lollipop is released and other Android devices are upgraded.

Now to the golden question - does anyone know when Blackberry is likely to release a second-generation upgraded Classic? I'm sure the Classic will do really well in the enterprise bulk-buy handset market, but for a prosumer it would be nice to have the option to buy one that could run Android apps as fast as the Passport even if it costs more.

To people who say "Why not just get the Passport then?": I've played with one a few times, and whilst the screen resolution and speed are nice, the handset is too bulky and the lack of toolbelt along with a missing fourth keyboard row make it unsuitable for me.
    11-28-14 05:40 AM
    In my opinion this is the first and last tool belt BB10 device. It is meant to make people with legacy devices to make the move to BB10. Having said that I believe Classic form factor and tool belt is the most practical mobile hardware design.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:54 AM
    I do believe Mr.Chen said several tool belt design phones would be released and have heard a Classic 2 will be released however no date was set although to my thinking it would be later 2015 and then on to the all touch . Yes probably will have the higher specs that we want now with the Classic 1.
    11-28-14 06:30 AM
    It would take a pretty moronic marketing department to announce a predecessor to a product that has not yet been released.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-28-14 06:45 AM
    Don't expect one too soon,

But there will be a few devices like the BlackBerry Classic, not just one or two.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:57 AM
    I agree with OP, i'm in the same boat. The tool belt and slightly larger screen isn't enough for me to upgrade from the q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:07 AM
    I'm guessing it will be based on the sales of the classic, if sales are strong, they would be wise to innovate using a trackpad, if sales are weak, I wouldn't expect a second trackpad phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:13 AM
    It won't be any sooner than two years IMHO.
    11-28-14 09:16 AM
    In my opinion this is the first and last tool belt BB10 device. It is meant to make people with legacy devices to make the move to BB10. Having said that I believe Classic form factor and tool belt is the most practical mobile hardware design.

Posted via CB10
    What about people like me, and many others already using bb10 that want the toolbelt back?

The idea that this is just a device to get people to upgrade their 9900s is just wrong in ny opinion.

The classic looks to be a seriously productive design and BlackBerry would be foolish to abandon it unless sales are terrible.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:33 AM
    I agree with most of your concerns.... but..... the first one isn't even out yet and still, a post about when the next one is?!?!?! Wtf!?!?! Cmon..................
    ponpiri and gnirkatto like this.
    11-28-14 09:37 AM
    I agree with most of your concerns.... but..... the first one isn't even out yet and still, a post about when the next one is?!?!?! Wtf!?!?! Cmon..................
    It's because the rumored specs are already three years old.

Also, to the OP, shh. There are no issues with the 1.5.
    It is all fast all of the time. If you were doing real work, you wouldn't need those andriod apps :-)

Just kidding of course.

If everyapp was native, then the specs would be a lot less important. But we all have to face yhe fact that for the time being, we are all dependent to some degree on android.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:05 AM
    Yeah the classic looks to have the perfect size for me because I carry two phones, it just doesn't seem to have that solid premium look like the Q10. I'm still rocking my Q10 till next week when my passport arrives, its a great phone I really like the Q10, but the screen is too small. Personally, I would have loved the classic size with the Q10 build, I am concerned how I'll be able to manage the PP and the Nexus 5 together, the Q10 and NX5 work perfectly well, both always in my front shirt pocket no hassle.
    11-29-14 10:35 AM
    It won't be any sooner than two years IMHO.
    I could see two years. I think it will be at least one year, but that would be pushing it. BlackBerry is refocusing on enterprise so keeping up with the other guys is no longer a priority. And they'll be much more cost-effective by slowing down the hardware refresh cycle.
    11-29-14 11:11 AM
    Don't expect one too soon,

But there will be a few devices like the BlackBerry Classic, not just one or two.

Posted via CB10
    How accurate is this? And when you say like the Classic, what do you mean?
    11-29-14 11:17 AM
    Just over two weeks to go before the launch day of the Classic and still no definitive specs. Is this normal for a blackberry launch?

Still loving the Q10............ Until I get a Classic.
    11-29-14 11:26 AM
    How accurate is this? And when you say like the Classic, what do you mean?
    "There will be many devices like the BlackBerry Classic"

How accurate? That quote comes from the VP of Global Product Management

What do I mean? Think about another legacy inspired BB10 device.

Interpret that how you will...

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    11-29-14 11:38 AM
    "There will be many devices like the BlackBerry Classic"

How accurate? That quote comes from the VP of Global Product Management

What do I mean? Think about another legacy inspired BB10 device.

Interpret that how you will...

Posted via CB10
    Oh.. that's.. something.

Thanks for the info.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    11-29-14 12:09 PM
    It will come out after the first Classic.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-02-14 08:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Theres no way that this is the last toolbelt phone. I'm hoping to see a toolbelt slapped on every keyboard model they make. A passport with toolbelt would be awesome. Maneuvering that giant screen with a trackpad instead of acrobatic hand/finger motions.

Large touchscreens should go hand in hand with trackpads. It just makes sense in order to make them one hand usable. I'd love it if they made a tablet with a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:28 PM
    We barely know much about the first Classic to start anticipating the 2nd...

CB10 on my Passport
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-03-14 02:55 AM