I am supposed to be getting the Classic today after having my Q10 for two years. Looking just at the hardware, the specs are identical. The camera is identical. The battery life nay be longer but the battery isn't even removable. I think Blackberry really messed up on this. Not having a removable battery makes me really nervous. I currently swap between my two batteries on a daily basis to maximize productivity and efficiency. I am covered for over 24 hours. For the current Classic owners, is this something I should really be concerned about or is the new battery sufficient enough? Please help.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    03-04-15 12:36 PM
    Passport is a upgrade I think.

Passport
    03-04-15 12:38 PM
    Passport is a upgrade I think.

Passport
    I agree.
    Classic seems more like a brother of the Q10 with adjustments for users with specific needs.
    nah.uhh and andy957 like this.
    03-04-15 12:45 PM
    With my Q10 I was constantly charging mid day because I can't be bothered to carry around batteries to swap. On the Classic I don't need to do that anymore
    03-04-15 01:11 PM
    Absolutely it is an upgrade, I got mine yesterday, and the screen is amazing, the keyboard spectacular, the send/end keys are fantastic , the trackpad is stupendous for editing text and Web browsing, and the back key iswonderful for quick navigation, and the BlackBerry key is handy also for text editing.

The official 10.3 on my classic is snappy, and much more polished than the leak on my Q was.

I don't think I would listen to people who have not used both, because this classic surprised me with how good it is.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-04-15 01:19 PM
    I have both and the Q10 sits in a drawer. The larger screen, bigger battery, and tool belt make it much better.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 02:12 PM
    It's not intended to be an upgrade but rather a "oops we screwed up on the Q10, here is what it should've been"

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:13 PM
    I think it's a minor upgrade. I've previously used a Q10, have a passport, and I just recently purchased this Classic I'm using right now yesterday. It's like going from an iphone 5 to an iphone 5s. Minor adjustments upgraded OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:07 PM
    I have both and the Q10 sits in a drawer. The larger screen, bigger battery, and tool belt make it much better.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    Mine sits in a drawer now too lol
    03-05-15 09:35 AM
    I think it's a minor upgrade. I've previously used a Q10, have a passport, and I just recently purchased this Classic I'm using right now yesterday. It's like going from an iphone 5 to an iphone 5s. Minor adjustments upgraded OS.

Posted via CB10
    Well The iconic design, the legendary tool belt, the lovely crisp screen, the best BlackBerry keyboard I have used till date, a battery that runs a full day or even more is a minor upgrade ? Something like an iphone 5 and a 5s?? Wow.

Well if you talk about specs...I think the Classic runs just fine with those specs. I know you can't brag about the internals of th classic. Well specs has never been BlackBerry's point. It's the performance along with battery life . IMHO Classic is the device that BlackBerry needed all this while and should have been released with z10.
    Don't get me wrong, Q10 was an awesome device, but Classic is better .
    It's something no other BlackBerry 10 device released till date will ever be.
    A full-blooded BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:15 AM
    I'll be honest- I was in the exact same boat as you. I had a Q10 up until this week and thought there would be no difference due to identical specs. The devices, IMO are night and day. The Q is a great device, and it was a workhorse for me, but there is something different about using the classic. The keyboard is more spacious and easier to type on, the screen is more vivid, the trackpad is a welcome addition when dealing a 3.5" screen, voice quality is fantastic, non leaked 10.3 is incredibly snappy with some additional features I didn't see in the leaks, wireless charging. Put my Q10 in the drawer within the first 5 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    03-05-15 04:33 PM
    It depends on whether the tool belt is a big factor for you. According to some, it's heavier than the Q10 and doesn't feel like a toy like the Q10. LOL. Anyway, I'm glad most understand that the specs are the same as the Q10. From all accounts, I haven't met anyone that has owned a Q that did not like the Classic. Anyway, enjoy!

Q10_OS >10.3.1.2267 / 2268 Radio (*_~)
    03-05-15 10:21 PM
    The Classic at least isn't the typical upgrade for a Q10 user. I've also used the Q10 for one and a half years, then getting a Passport and now finally the Classic.

I never had any problems with the Q10s battery performance, I actually didn't even own a replacement battery. The Classic performs a bit better in this regard, but certainly not leaps ahead like the Passport does. I got myself an external battery power pack for emergencies to charge the phone while on the go if I need to.

The slightly larger screen estate works pretty well and indeed is an upgrade for me. More important is the brighter LCD screen, which is a blessing outsides. The screen is also dimmer in the dark, another welcomed addition.
    Last but not least the keyboard is slightly larger and is more enjoyable to type on. BlackBerry really did develop a great mobile keyboard there, tactile feedback is as good as it can get on such a device. The Q10 has a good keyboard for sure, but the Classic is simply better.

Whether you need or use the toolbelt or not is up to you, I at least make frequent use of both trackpad and toolbelt. It is a useful addition, especially one-handed.

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    03-06-15 07:02 AM
    Keep in mind that Blackberry themselves have never compared the Classic with the Q10 but rather the 9900. In the US, ATT and Verizon do not even carry the Q10 anymore. This is a replacement for the Q10 not an upgrade.
    03-06-15 07:40 AM
    The build quality is a marked downgrade. Keyboard is a downgrade, imo. Size and weight is a downgrade.

I want a toolbelt, but the Classic's doesn't feel right. The buttons are glossy and feel like the screen sometimes, confusing my thumb. I enjoy swiping on the Q10 more than the Classic (where swiping is a thing of the past in practice).

The screen is a huge upgrade, and battery life is a little better. USB OTG is very important as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:03 AM
    This isn't even a close call: Having the trackpad and dedicated buttons back is a huge advantage but on top of that the Classic has far superior build quality to the q10. People that say otherwise are looking for reasons to complain.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:51 AM
    The build quality is a marked downgrade. Keyboard is a downgrade, imo. Size and weight is a downgrade.

I want a toolbelt, but the Classic's doesn't feel right. The buttons are glossy and feel like the screen sometimes, confusing my thumb. I enjoy swiping on the Q10 more than the Classic (where swiping is a thing of the past in practice).

The screen is a huge upgrade, and battery life is a little better. USB OTG is very important as well.

Posted via CB10
    You are the first person to say that build quality and keyboard is a downgrade. Congrats
    03-06-15 08:51 AM
    I am supposed to be getting the Classic today after having my Q10 for two years. Looking just at the hardware, the specs are identical. The camera is identical. The battery life nay be longer but the battery isn't even removable. I think Blackberry really messed up on this. Not having a removable battery makes me really nervous. I currently swap between my two batteries on a daily basis to maximize productivity and efficiency. I am covered for over 24 hours. For the current Classic owners, is this something I should really be concerned about or is the new battery sufficient enough? Please help.
    Why did you buy a Classic if you have these concerns? Another Q10 would have all the things you seem to miss and it would have been far cheaper.
    03-06-15 09:00 AM
    Classic is a different animal. You will either love the toolbelt or find it unnecessary. I am very happy to have made the move. I find the pp too big, loved my Q10 but the Classic is a huge upgrade for me.

I agree the materials and finishes are just ok, but the screen is excellent and I find the internal specs to be good. It is heavy but in a solid kind of way. My only real issue is the back cover which just feels a little cheap.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:04 AM
    For all the Q10 users complaining about the tool belt, you DO realize that you don't have to use it, right? IMHO, just the larger screen and more spacious keyboard are significant upgrades. For those that utilize and enjoy the tool belt, even more of an upgrade.

I can agree that sometimes the buttons on the tool belt can feel like an extension of the touchscreen, but I hope this is something I'll get used to.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    03-06-15 09:08 AM
    The build quality is a marked downgrade.
    Posted via CB10
    I definitely agree. The screen/toolbet gap and the keyboard light bleed do not convey a quality feeling. Add to that the plasticy back (compared to the Q10) . At least that's how I felt about mine!
    03-06-15 09:15 AM
    The buttons are glossy and feel like the screen sometimes, confusing my thumb. I enjoy swiping on the Q10 more than the Classic (where swiping is a thing of the past in practice).
    Posted via CB10
    I did enjoy Classic's bigger screen and better keyboard, but didn't use the toolbelt/trackpad much. I found the trackpad right in the way of my thumb when swiping up. That's why I felt the toolbelt and the gesture based BB10 were not meant to be together!
    03-06-15 09:29 AM
    I think the Classic is definitely an upgrade. It feels like an upgrade at least

I just hope the copy & paste function with the trackpad can be as fast as the old 9900 though...right now it takes too many steps and to me that's actually a downgrade...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:47 AM
    You are the first person to say that build quality and keyboard is a downgrade. Congrats
    Have you seen the Classic teardown? It's all glued together.

I've owned both phones at the same time. The new Q10 is better put together. The two Classics that I returned to ATT had build issues in multiple spots. Not to mention every trackpad seems to be tilted to the left.

Unlocked Classic has a better build and keyboard than the ATT version. But neither are better than an unlocked Q10 that has the fixed keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:34 PM
    I picked up the classic a few hours ago. Typing on it now.

YES! IT IS TOTALLY AN UPGRADE!!!

Granted, the camera isn't better (ie more mpx) but, it works much smoother and the screen is much sharper. And the keyboard is AWESOME! Having it just a little wider really helps.

I love having the trackpad back. Still getting used to it, hut it is nice to not have to reach for various things on the screen.

They really added a lot of nice features. Better notifications, color LED notifications. It's pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:56 PM
28 12