I read a lot here on people using both phones.....
    I'm currently on a Classic with att, it has its pluses and minuses as everything does.

With that said, I ordered a Passport last night through Amazon. Ive owned a PP before, but never kept it due to size.

What I'm thinking is, I'll swap back and forth depending on my work week. I like the PP speed, camera, and browsing.

My question is, do you all just swap your sim cards back and forth? Or do you have two cell plans? If you have two cell plans, do both phones ring/text using the same number? If so, can I call ATT and tell them I want that set up? Or is swapping sim cards only way to do it?

Posted via CB10 using a Classic from Texas
    08-02-15 02:52 PM
    You will have to swap Sims

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:06 AM
    I tried having two sims which meant family members would have to figure out which phone number I'm on in some cases (unless I'm carrying both devices or call my Google voice number) and there is a small added cost for the second number. It is simpler for me to swap the sim card because I don't switch back and forth daily between devices.
    08-03-15 09:15 AM
    That's what I was thinking. I just didn't know if there was a "call forwarding" or mimicking service etc

vernel likes this.
    08-03-15 10:33 AM
    That's what I was thinking. I just didn't know if there was a "call forwarding" or mimicking service etc

You can associate your two numbers to a Google voice number and have your contacts use the GV #, though your still paying for a second sim (with TMO it's about $10/month), unless you go the wifi route with only the GV #, but I'm not sure how easy that will work with a non-android device.
    08-03-15 10:42 AM
    I don't have a Classic but I do carry the Passport as my second device. It compliments my Z10. Right now I am using it only through WiFi (and it's quite simple to turn on the Hotspot on the Z10 from anywhere with a quick swipe down from the quick settings).
    I am on vacation right now but when I get back home, I plan to get a data-only Sim card and use the Passport strictly for data services. This is what will work best for me as I don't really need to 'swap' phones - I just carry both. And the Passport I use more for long emails and browsing whereas the Z will works fine for texts and phone calls.
    This system works for me. However, if I planned to only carry one device at a time, I would just swap the same SIM card. The only big drawback I see with that is loss of continuity with text conversations / call logs / etc.
    08-03-15 11:04 AM
    I have a classic and an iphone 6 plus. I just swap Sims depending on what phone I feel like using that day, it only takes a second to do and I can still use the other phone on WiFi if I want to.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:13 PM
    On my contract I have up to three SIM cards included: One primary and two additional ones. I got a nano and two micro SIMs. When I had both the Classic and the Passport, I simply switched the nano back and forth. However having two nano cards would've been more convenient of course.

Oh btw. I always kept switching back and forth, both devices have their unique pros and cons. Usually I start missing the Classic after a couple of weeks with the Passport. Then I used to switch to the Passport and started missing the Classic again. Settled with the Classic for now after having sold the PP, but that new Silver Edition is kind of tempting.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:29 PM
    Any difference in typing on each device? Thanks.

Posted via Classic
    08-11-15 03:18 AM
    I use the Note 4 and a Classic....perfection. I also got a limited edition rate plan 2 for $100 unlimited data LTE on both lines and 7gb each line of tethering

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    08-11-15 03:34 AM

Posted via Classic
    Yes of course, the Classic offers the traditional 4-row BlackBerry keyboard when it comes to typing, IMHO the keyboard itself is also more enjoyable to use.
    The Passport uses a hybrid keyboards, which brings you three rows and a constant 4th virtual row, also a lot of special characters and numbers are featured as a virtual keyboard.

In my experience one can type faster on the Passport once mastered, however as a guy who prefers to type without the aid of any modern day helpers like autocorrect and word predictions, I find the Classic works better for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 06:05 AM

Posted via Classic
    Besides the layout difference that has already been mentioned, I find the Passport's keyboard to be very stiff and less ergonomic. Longer writing can get more exhaustive.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:38 PM
    You might want to try the sliver version of the passport, as I heard that they made some adjustments to the keyboard.
    08-11-15 06:47 PM
    Just swap the sim card. I have a classic and a lumia icon on windows and swap as needed. The windows phone I use for photos(20 Meg camera) I use the blackberry for emails nothing like emails on the BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:33 PM
    I swap back and forth. When you're not working a smaller phone is very welcome.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:50 PM
    I thought I was the only one that like both Apple iPhone 6 plus and Black Berry Classic.
    I have to switch sims when I get the feeling.......LOL

Love both phones as they both have many things to offer.
    01-10-16 06:11 PM
    I now use both, on the same carrier. It's impractical to keep switching your SIM card to both your devices. Have you considered my solution? Alternatively, you could use your unlocked Classic though a $30 prepaid T-Mobile unlimited 4G data with 100 talk min.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    01-10-16 10:56 PM
    I have a classic and an iphone 6 plus. I just swap Sims depending on what phone I feel like using that day, it only takes a second to do and I can still use the other phone on WiFi if I want to.

Posted via CB10
    I was considering doing this as I want to buy a Classic to use during the work day. Do you have any issues with iMessage? I would assume you have it turned off?
    10-12-16 08:25 AM
    Got a Classic with a call+data SIM and a Passport with Date-SIM only both Sim's sharing the same data plan but Classic for calls only.
    That way I can use both devices simultaneously for data use.

Nevertheless some carriers allow you a twin-SIM, in that case you would be able to use both devices on the same phone number without swooping the SIM card all the time, but it will only allow you to use one device at the time the other device need to be switched off, at least no swooping sim all the time

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-12-16 11:07 AM
    Got a Classic with a call+data SIM and a Passport with Date-SIM only both Sim's sharing the same data plan but Classic for calls only.
    That way I can use both devices simultaneously for data use.

Nevertheless some carriers allow you a twin-SIM, in that case you would be able to use both devices on the same phone number without swooping the SIM card all the time, but it will only allow you to use one device at the time the other device need to be switched off, at least no swooping sim all the time

Do you know if Verizon offers this by chance? My contract is up anyways so I can move if needed. Thanks
    10-12-16 04:13 PM
    I was in your same situation when I first owned both classic and passport at the same time. I ended up keeping the classic due to its mobile features. the passport is too huge to be comfortable for everyday usage. Although it's faster, I chose the classic because it's smaller, hand friendly, the keyboard is like a pillow, and...well...it's handy. Carrying the passport is like dragging around a tablet.

So, unless your in the office for the whole day. I'd choose the classic. Otherwise, invest in the "phablet "

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 06:55 PM
    I have both the Classic and the piano black Passport. I used to swap back and forth between them a lot but found it a bother to keep readjusting settings with each swap.

My SIM card now stays in the Classic, which I carry with me as my daily driver. The Passport I still use for online courses, writing papers, reading Kindle books, and browsing the Internet. Sometimes I will carry both and just make my Classic a Hotspot for my Passport to access data.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 10:08 PM
    Do you know if Verizon offers this by chance? My contract is up anyways so I can move if needed. Thanks
    Sorry wouldn't know, I'm on Vodafone in Europe.
    But you may check out different websites of US carrier's if you are on shopping tour for a new contract anyway.
    Anyway with the given knowledge on mind you got a base to look out for.

10-13-16 04:35 AM
    Thank you all for the helpful info
    10-13-16 08:59 AM
    I don't own a classic, however, I have OG PP, Q10, and priv. Currently I am running prepaid sim on priv, and B10 as my main phone with my primary sim.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 01:18 PM