I have been going back and forth on these two phones. I love the classic design but I really wanted an upgrade from my z10.

I found a lightly used Passport for $420 and couldn't pass it up. Plus, Amazon has Prime eligible "warehouse deals" for just slightly over the cost of a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    12-19-14 10:51 AM
    I think the Passport probably has the better specs anyway, no?
    12-19-14 12:11 PM
    The Passport has got better specs, but it's not a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    filanto and Vintage123 like this.
    12-19-14 12:58 PM
    Meh
    12-19-14 03:37 PM
    I think the Passport probably has the better specs anyway, no?
    It's not even close. 1.5 dual vs 2.2 quad.

Plus 4x screen resolution.
    Double onboard storage and 3 GB RAM vs 2.

Posted via CB10
    Al1n likes this.
    12-19-14 04:09 PM
    The Passport has got better specs, but it's not a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm not sure hoe well I will like it. But by getting it used I can sell it if I don't like it when the Classic comes down in price.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:10 PM
    Passport has better specs, but a gimped keyboard (for me) so it's a no-go for me. The kb is the #1 priority for me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    12-19-14 04:57 PM
    i agree. the passport keyboard typing experience was a real let down for me. all i found the keyboard useful for was scrolling up down left right. that was it. typing was not at all comfortable
    MaxxxBerry23 and imsurokim like this.
    12-19-14 05:07 PM
    For me Passport typing experience is much more better than on Q10 but it took me a few days to being able type as fast as on Q. One reason is probably in bigger keys...

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    12-19-14 05:50 PM
    The Passport is definitely a niche device. Not everyone will be able to appreciate it. For me, typing on the Passport is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. I am accustomed to the placement of the spacebar and I type with it like second nature now without even looking at the keyboard. I don't find it too wide for two hand typing NOR one hand typing. Actually I walked through a mall with a lot of bags in one hand and had a lengthy conversation one handedly on the Passport the whole time. And I don't have big hands in my opinion, just took time to get used to the device and went into it with an open mind. I think that's the key. You either want a classic experience or you are adventurous and willing to adapt to a new paradigm.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    cgallaer and Al1n like this.
    12-20-14 06:26 AM
    The passport has great specs no doubt but the key board is weird. Had it for a while but ditched it. Very awkward to hold as well. Tying on the classic is a breeze. After all, the reason I have a blackberry is is for the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    12-20-14 05:56 PM
    The passport is a monster but def not one handed.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:10 PM
    The passport is a monster but def not one handed.

Posted via CB10
    I can use my Passport one-handedly fairly okay. Granted, it's better with both hands but the thing is, as with any new thing, you have to be open minded and give it a little time

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    12-30-14 05:07 PM
    passport was not that cheap when it first came out. that is with everything early expensive later cheaper even with car
    12-30-14 05:09 PM
    It's always unfair comparing price of a new phone to the price of a used phone, even if it is "like new". Besides Passport sure has the advantage of being three months old, while the Classic has just been released, shops still requesting their early adopter fees for potential Classic users.

Go with whatever device you like, both have their unique strengths and cons. I also have a Passport since two months and it is a great phone, yet I still would like to at least handle a Classic myself. The formfactor and keyboard suits my needs better I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-30-14 06:57 PM
    Passport vs. Classic discussion Nr. 100.......

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-31-14 09:23 AM
    I have been going back and forth on these two phones. I love the classic design but I really wanted an upgrade from my z10.

I found a lightly used Passport for $420 and couldn't pass it up. Plus, Amazon has Prime eligible "warehouse deals" for just slightly over the cost of a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of which, my passport is for sale for $410 on swappa. It doesn't have any issues that people have complained about on the forums. I am only selling it because I got a red one http://swappa.com/listing/CCR990/vie...UvbUpU11220771

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:48 AM