04-14-17 04:23 PM
44 12
tools
    I have been reading the Classic posts since I got my Classic this December. I went from a Z30 I had for 3 years then a Priv I had for 3 weeks at Christmas. Great phone but hated android. I went back to the Bell store & got this. The camera is one of the worst. Programs load slowly even on wifi. Sorry to rant maybe it's Bells software. After the last update my blue tooth stopped working. It's been over a month.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 09:32 PM
    I have been reading the Classic posts since I got my Classic this December. I went from a Z30 I had for 3 years then a Priv I had for 3 weeks at Christmas. Great phone but hated android. I went back to the Bell store & got this. The camera is one of the worst. Programs load slowly even on wifi. Sorry to rant maybe it's Bells software. After the last update my blue tooth stopped working. It's been over a month.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the KEYone will be the one for you if you're willing to make another run with Android, (7).

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 09:37 PM
    Try running the 10.3.3.2205 autoloader for a fresh install of the latest OS. It will probably clear up your issues.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1098162
    03-29-17 09:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I use a Classic for work (employer owned), and I don't like it that much. Looks nice but really underpowered for Android apps.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    03-29-17 09:43 PM
    The Classic is really a cult item.

You should not be considering buying one new in this day and age if what you are looking for is a viable modern smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 03:17 AM
    for sure it's an Os version thing, especially if branded or even if bought unlocked could have an operator modified OS(customized) version.
    Sachesi could help. I would load Sachesi, look for my classic frequency and compatible operator, type in the country code and operator in the search section. type in 10.3.2.0 and select next available download links to get me the right OS and download the Os and radio files.

posted via del virtual
    04-01-17 05:31 AM
    You got a nearly 2,5y old phone with a dying OS on it. The Z30 and especially the Priv have better specs... it is no wonder that it feels outdate because performance wise it is.

Even loading a webpage can take quite a while if it includes gifs or videos etc. Stil I love my classic.

CB10 on my Classic
    jfalkingham likes this.
    04-02-17 03:50 PM
    It's no wonder. Android app performance, in particular, is positively sleepy with the Q10 (or Classic) , in comparison to the Z30 or especially, the PRIV. I know; I use all 3.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    04-02-17 04:03 PM
    It's no wonder. Android app performance, in particular, is positively sleepy with the Q10 (or Classic) , in comparison to the Z30 or especially, the PRIV. I know; I use all 3.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    Well, Priv is an Android device so not a fair comparison. As for the Q10 and Classic, they definitely don't run Android apps as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 06:36 PM
    I had the passport for a few years then upgraded to priv but I just like blackberry 10 best so I've brought a classic and really like it I ll keep it till blackberry 10 dies just everyone likes different things out of a phone

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 02:39 AM
    Agreed, I'm using a Passport SE but I ordered a Classic because I missed the smaller form factor. I don't use android apps, I consider myself lucky that I like to keep it simple.

Can the track pad on the Classic be used to navigate Pac-Man? Fingers crossed...I'll find out soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 04:33 AM
    Agreed, I'm using a Passport SE but I ordered a Classic because I missed the smaller form factor. I don't use android apps, I consider myself lucky that I like to keep it simple.

Can the track pad on the Classic be used to navigate Pac-Man? Fingers crossed...I'll find out soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly no! It's touch screen or keys for pacman.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic SQC100-1 on BB 10.3.3.2163
    04-06-17 11:21 AM
    I agree. Not a workhorse. But I love mine too. Great keyboard and tool belt.

 Classic
    04-06-17 01:11 PM
    Sounds like you're ready to get a different phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 11:05 PM
    I have the OG, SE, Q10, Z10, Z30, 9900, nd now have just bought and currently use the Classic. This, thanks to the belt, trackpad, and form factor, is THE best BB10 EVER! I'll stop here and will use this phone for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Bitter likes this.
    04-07-17 09:43 AM
    I am a Priv owner and I had all BBs.

Classic is good, not awesome but it fits my needs.

No complaints and a real BB.

BTW today - I Bought a Classic :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 04:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    So your saying you want to sell? Head over to marketplace and see what you can get I loved my classic
    04-08-17 12:31 PM
    Classic form factor is ideal as is the pkb. Best pkb in my opinion. The trackpad is made to be precise. The makers of it had original blackberry heads in mind.

I love it!

I own the passport also. Can't make up my mind which one I want to use for the day. Today it's Classic!

Posted via CB10
    dts32041 likes this.
    04-08-17 02:23 PM
    I went from a classic to a priv to an iphone and just bought a classic. Email, calendar, text, top notch. I always used fb via browser so no worry there. Salesforce, twitter, linkedin, marriott, tivo, tapatalk apps all work without issue. I know it's dying given the android runtime version, but for now I'm going to enjoy my awesome keyboard and form factor. I don't like 5"+ phones.
    dts32041 likes this.
    04-08-17 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well what did you expect coming from the higher powered devices? I can understand the update issue but you should of known what you were getting into, why not just use your Z30?

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-08-17 06:30 PM
    If it had had a faster processor, higher res display AND a backlighted trackpad I would have kept mine. Those 3 were deal breakers for me.
    04-09-17 12:44 AM
    If it had had a faster processor, higher res display AND a backlighted trackpad I would have kept mine. Those 3 were deal breakers for me.
    That my friend is what it should have been to begin with. Don't get me wrong I really like how the classic looks and having the tool belt again is cool, but really it's just the Q10 in a different body. (mucho love for my Q10 tho ).

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-09-17 12:44 PM
    So sorry to hear that, possible you may have gotten a bad lot. I am have experienced any issues with my Classic to cause me to feel that way.

I've had many a BlackBerry and I must say the Classic is the best so far IMHO. As I look over at a stack of Passports Q10's a 9900 Bold I must say the Classic is what I carry exclusively.

I so wish you didn't have these issues because it's actually and excellent bit of kit.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.3.2205 
    04-10-17 09:10 PM
    I happen to love my Classic but I also understood my wants and needs from a phone. Went from a Z10 to it.... same phone, different form factor. But I ask my phone to be a phone along with messaging; nothing more

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 01:21 AM
    I agree my classic is painfully slow. Keyone for me when it comes out on Bell

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 09:36 AM
44 12