I have T-Mobile USA and I get perfect signal in my house. At work though the signal is horrible. Normally I have no service, "gsm", "edge" or 1 bar of 4Glte.

This week however out of nowhere my classic restarted. I'm all, "okay..." and turned it back on. It happened two more times this week. At work sometimes it says "ATT" for network. I don't have ATT. Then today it said Verizon. I preordered my BlackBerry Classic when it came out day one. I thought it didn't work on the Verizon network? Either way why does it even say ATT and Verizon?! My sim card is T-Mobile.

Now my messages at home with perfect signal take forever to send and the recipient says it keeps sending. Now I'm getting their replies over and over.

Besides the most pointless 3rd world welfare advice, like "hard reset", "restart", or "reload OS", is there anything else I can do?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:02 AM
    I've never heard of a device connecting to different networks like verizon and att since they are two different types of technology and require different Sims to even connect to the respective networks

if what you're saying is true I am curious to see what is causing it as I have no ideas.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:37 AM
    Actually, upon one manual restart, for about 1/10 of a second, where it normally says Verizon Wireless it said A T&T. Thought it to be very strange but hasn't happened since and I experience none of the network connectivity issues you are.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-01-15 11:19 AM
    Maybe you were in AT&T and Verizon signal areas. Anyway, does your mobile network say "T-mobile"? If it keeps changing, have you tried changing your "network mode" into 3G & 2G and change your "network selection mode" into manual and select T-mobile.

I'm not living in the US but this works for me in my country. My network selection mode was always on auto and it frequently changes into other mobile networks. Hope that helps though.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    07-01-15 10:50 PM
    Your phone is roaming to ATT and VZW networks because it's dropping the T-Mobile signal. T-Mo runs on 1900MHz band, which is very poor for penetrating industrial facilities or office buildings. AT&T/VZW have the superior 700MHz band which can penetrate dense building materials.

When I had my 9900 on T-Mo, I'd have to go upstairs and stand in certain places just to get a signal strong enough to send/receive texts. I'm on Verizon now, but I'm going to switch back because of the price. My family plan is on T-Mobile so it will only cost me $10 a month to add this line back to them.

Your only recourse would be if your office has wifi you can connect your phone to.
    kitmo likes this.
    07-02-15 08:21 AM
    Your phone is roaming to ATT and VZW networks because it's dropping the T-Mobile signal. T-Mo runs on 1900MHz band, which is very poor for penetrating industrial facilities or office buildings. AT&T/VZW have the superior 700MHz band which can penetrate dense building materials.

When I had my 9900 on T-Mo, I'd have to go upstairs and stand in certain places just to get a signal strong enough to send/receive texts. I'm on Verizon now, but I'm going to switch back because of the price. My family plan is on T-Mobile so it will only cost me $10 a month to add this line back to them.

Your only recourse would be if your office has wifi you can connect your phone to.
    I stick with AT&T for that reason. In my previous job, my phone would get so much better reception inside the office compared to people I know who had T-Mobile.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-02-15 11:46 AM
    My aunts phone is like that. She has metro pcs. Inside my house she gets no service. Then outside she gets 2g then if she goes down the road she gets 2 bars of 4g.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:44 PM
    there is no possible way a phone on tmobile can connect to a verizon network. att and tmobile use the same technology so the hardware in the phone would allow it. the hardware would absolutely not allow your device to connect to verizon.
    It has nothing to do with signal penetration in certain structures. it has everything to do with the hardware in your device.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:07 AM