I just realized, when I was trying Classic in store today, it needs a back button on the keyboard, it's nice and streamlined but when you are using the unit you can't go a level up unless you use the screen to slide left and right.

This makes me think, if classic had touch sensitive keyboard, it would be a winner. I kept sliding my finger across keyboard to delete words or trying to switch screens.

Also you can't really swipe up right on top of trackpad, you need to swipe up from sides.
    And trackpad is super sensitive, once you swipe a bit too fast, it goes all the way to the top.
    02-27-15 06:57 PM
    Is that not what the back button on the toolbelt does?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 07:00 PM
    Is that not what the back button on the toolbelt does?

Posted via CB10
    It felt like something was missing, I am trying to figure out what it was, I think sliding sideways is what's needed on keyboard, I can't put my finger on it, I had just about 10 minutes to play with it at the store. I may not be wording this correctly, but back on toolbelt did not do the desired action. Something felt unnatural. I wish I took notes as I played with it.
    02-27-15 07:14 PM
    Yes, biggest thing I noticed going from the passport to Classic is capacitive keyboard. Holding the backspace key is a long process and holding shift while scrolling is ok, but not as intuitive. But, then again, that's the reason I own both. Can go back to Classic and spoil myself with Passport extras

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 07:36 PM
    I noticed the cursor was missing in the demo unit.
    I thought cursor was one of the advertised features. When I was reading welcome to blackberry message, I did not see a cursor at all.. To select text I still had to tap In screen and use little place holders. So, we can't use trackpad to select or highlight text?

Yes, if keyboard had touch function, it would be an amazing device.
    02-27-15 11:07 PM
    When I was playing with a Classic recently I pressed the trackpad and the cursor appeared. Had actually forgot about it until. It suddenly appeared.

And as for the speed / sensitivity of the trackpad, I remember being able. To lower the sensitivity of it on Legacy devices. Might want to look. For this option within the settings before you blast the device.

I personally found it perfect for me. The perfect work device.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    02-27-15 11:57 PM
    When I was playing with a Classic recently I pressed the trackpad and the cursor appeared. Had actually forgot about it until. It suddenly appeared.

And as for the speed / sensitivity of the trackpad, I remember being able. To lower the sensitivity of it on Legacy devices. Might want to look. For this option within the settings before you blast the device.

I personally found it perfect for me. The perfect work device.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    I wasn't blasting it, not at all.
    Yes, cursor was visible, however, you are referring to Mouse cursor. I was referring to text cursor, two different things. In the past text cursor was extremely helpful when selecting or getting to a point to select text. Maybe we have to tap & hold, and have the text bubble pop up then maybe we can use the trackpad. Can you try it please?
    02-28-15 11:52 PM
    Hold the shift/arrow key next to the 0 button. Then use the trackpad to select. Then delete/copy/select all.

Posted via Classic
    03-01-15 07:59 AM