DTBlackBerry's at it again with the insight. We knew this about the Passport, but looks like the Classic may also have the USB combo port that allows for video output through MHL. The last post translated to..

"passport and classic with a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) standard interface for high-definition video mobile terminals , with existing Micro USB interfaces are five pins, so the HDMI port , USB port, charging port three -in-one , no longer the establishment of a separate interface. @ East through Blackberry : I have seen two Passport did not find HDMI interface , Classic also did not find HDMI interface."

It seems pretty clear to me. Attached was this image of the Passport demonstrating video out. This is great news for those of us that thought Classic was SOL in terms of loss of HDMI.

Classic may use MHL through USB port for HD video out.-6f6801a8jw1ekemelijshj20zk0ns0wg.jpg
    09-16-14 10:28 AM
    What's going on in that picture? Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 10:30 AM
    I think using MHL for output with the connector at the bottom. His pinky is covering it.
    09-16-14 10:35 AM
    Well I'm personally unhappy about that, micro hdmi is a more commonly found cable and is also more affordable.. I've never seen an mhl cable around here, but the micro hdmi cable is around 15$..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-16-14 10:36 AM
    Well I'm personally unhappy about that, micro hdmi is a more commonly found cable and is also more affordable.. I've never seen an mhl cable around here, but the micro hdmi cable is around 15$..
    I actually think I see more devices with MHL, namely Android (Galaxy S5, HTC One, Note III etc.).

Also, I usually get my micro HDMI cables for much less than $15. Having said that, MHL cables are around the same price. 2 min searching on ebay found these...

6ft Micro HDMI to HDMI Male Adapter Converter Cable Droid EVO HTC 4G 1080p | eBay

vs.

MHL Micro USB to HDMI 1080p HDTV Cable Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S5 Note 3 III | eBay

The important thing is that the Classic still has means of video output and wasn't left hanging without one like many of us believed.
    09-16-14 10:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you jump straight to the picture?

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-16-14 10:53 AM
    Slimport Slimport Slimport wharrgarbl

So far (10.3.0.1154) the Classic is still missing HDMI out in the startup scripts (and the Passport isn't). Might change once I look at a 10.3.1, though.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-16-14 10:57 AM
    Slimport Slimport Slimport wharrgarbl

So far (10.3.0.1154) the Classic is still missing HDMI out in the startup scripts (and the Passport isn't). Might change once I look at a 10.3.1, though.
    Yeah I was thinking about that too. I can't imagine they would leave the Classic out for Slimport support and would just make it universal across both devices.

I'm happy enough already to have MHL. I thought I was forced to use Miracast.
    09-16-14 11:05 AM
    The picture posted in this thread was originally posted on http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=958942.

This guy who got his hands on a BlackBerry PassPort is using Miracast. It's on page 3 or 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: it's page 4.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-16-14 12:15 PM
    The picture posted in this thread was originally posted on Finally got my hands on the Blackberry Passport BUT... - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.

This guy who got his hands on a BlackBerry PassPort is using Miracast. It's on page 3 or 4 if I'm not mistaken relating to the Classic.

Edit: it's page 4.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I hope the statement from Weibo proves to be accurate too. Like thurask said, the 10.3.1 beta should give more answers.
    09-16-14 12:27 PM
    If I'm watching a tv show or movie...will the resolution be as pictured? I can't imagine it would be, but that clearly shows the borders.
    09-16-14 02:45 PM
    If I'm watching a tv show or movie...will the resolution be as pictured? I can't imagine it would be, but that clearly shows the borders.
    It can be set to play full-screen on the "destination"
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-16-14 03:10 PM
    Relevant:

BlackBerry US Online Store - SlimPort HDMI Adapter

Supports quick charging over SlimPort� (charging supported on BlackBerry Passport and Classic phones)
    UrbanGlowCam and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    09-27-14 01:27 AM
    Relevant:

BlackBerry US Online Store - SlimPort HDMI Adapter

Supports quick charging over SlimPort� (charging supported on BlackBerry Passport and Classic phones)
    Nice find! I was coincidentally just BBMing you too lol.
    09-27-14 02:01 AM
    Bought an MHL cable and can't get my classic to connect. Went back to the store and tried another cable still had the same issue. Store clerks S5 would connect just fine. Could I have a bad port? I have no charging issues. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 11:33 AM