And what's the difference in terms of phone's performance compare to q10? (apart from belt, touchpad and bigger screen, or batt life maybe? #notsure)

Posted via CB10
    For some people, other factors besides pure performance matters. Apart the mentioned (core features btw.) performance is of course the same. Nobody needs to be a genius for that conclusion, since they both share the very same internals.
    I for one enjoy the slightly larger, which indeed does make a difference for me. I also enjoy not only the brighter display outsides in the sun, but also the dimmer display at night. The keyboard is pure joy to use and, while the Q10 had a good keyboard indeed, it just feels better in every area. The trackpad is helpful in a couple of areas as is the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:01 PM
    To each their own... I feel like the passport and classic serve two different purposes so they can't really be compared.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-15 10:09 PM
    For some people, other factors besides pure performance matters. Apart the mentioned (core features btw.) performance is of course the same. Nobody needs to be a genius for that conclusion, since they both share the very same internals.
    I for one enjoy the slightly larger, which indeed does make a difference for me. I also enjoy not only the brighter display outsides in the sun, but also the dimmer display at night. The keyboard is pure joy to use and, while the Q10 had a good keyboard indeed, it just feels better in every area. The trackpad is helpful in a couple of areas as is the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    How much is classic currently?
    I'm kind of wondering, every phone with their spec have a cycle time with every new os (let say every year, they roll out new os) which need more and more resources / higher spec. Q10 which has already out for 2 years, can run smoothly with the latest os, and of course for the classic as well, for how long will they support? 3-4 years I think it's average for mostly handset. if we assume 4 years top, then q10 can use two more new version of the os (with life time 4 years), what about classic? Only have 2 years life cycle.

Classic is so tempting though

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:48 AM
    How much is classic currently?
    I'm kind of wondering, every phone with their spec have a cycle time with every new os (let say every year, they roll out new os) which need more and more resources / higher spec. Q10 which has already out for 2 years, can run smoothly with the latest os, and of course for the classic as well, for how long will they support? 3-4 years I think it's average for mostly handset. if we assume 4 years top, then q10 can use two more new version of the os (with life time 4 years), what about classic? Only have 2 years life cycle.

Classic is so tempting though

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it. You will see classic OS supported for many years. Blackberry isnt Android/Apple. They dont need to upgrade software with new features every year and then bring the hardware along. You will see software tweaks and refinements for a lot longer lifespan then the competition. Remember this is an enterprise focused company not a consumer focused company. How long did MSFT support Windows XP?
    03-04-15 11:55 AM
    I doubt it. You will see classic OS supported for many years. Blackberry isnt Android/Apple. They dont need to upgrade software with new features every year and then bring the hardware along. You will see software tweaks and refinements for a lot longer lifespan then the competition. Remember this is an enterprise focused company not a consumer focused company. How long did MSFT support Windows XP?
    Well as long as you don't upgrade new os, for sure, it will long last for years.

I don't know with others, but for me, I will always keen to try new os with new feature lol

And sorry to say, I hate statement "enterprise focused" as a reason. Really \( #`⌂�)/┌┛

I'm curious for the slide phone, hope it will be thin

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:20 PM
    In my opinion the Classic is a very special device that I simply had to have. There may never be another device like this and if there is a successor, then this Classic is the first in a series.

I was originally, vocally against any kind of return to a toolbelt or a trackpad. But, BlackBerry 10 works great with or without a toolbelt. So, I changed my mind and decided that it can't be a bad thing because all it is, to me, is just another way to interact with BlackBerry 10.

I absolutely love the feel of both my Passport and Classic devices. I don't mind using either one, the toolbelt is kind of cool to have and definitely 'brings me back' to that period. Which I like. The Passport is simply the most innovative and arguably the best BlackBerry ever built, but that doesn't mean the Classic isn't an absolutely great device as well. They're obviously quite a bit different, just sharing that same BlackBerry 10 sweetness I've found on every single BlackBerry 10 I've owned.

With the Classic I can still use BlackBerry 10 the way I always have, plus I have the option to use the toolbelt if I want to, that can't be considered a bad thing at all, to me.

It's not a step backwards to use a BlackBerry Classic because it is still BlackBerry 10, the best OS on the market today presented in a reminiscent package that is undeniably BlackBerry through and through. A familiarity I can recommend to 9900 owners without hesitation. I never throw in 'buts' or 'well you might not likes' into the pitch. I trust the intelligence level of the people I recommend the Classic to be high enough to understand 'learning curves' and who I think would have no problem adapting to BlackBerry 10.

It is such an obvious leap forward in comparison to anything from the BlackBerry 7 era that it is shocking to me how somebody would still want to use a 9900 over a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buckwylder; 03-07-15 at 01:46 PM.
    Fab0123 and geodorn like this.
    03-06-15 08:45 PM
    I'm on the same boat. I want the new Classic in white, but it seems like a downgrade to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:53 PM
    Backwards? Jesus christ lord have mercy. Here we go again with this bullshart. The classic besides the Passport is one of the best blackberry's ever. I've had no issues ever with the classic so far. Never one restart or flicker. The passport I've had one random error soft brick but I had everything backed up so it was about a 30 min problem.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    03-06-15 10:54 PM
    I am really digg'n my newer Passport and learning about its capabilities (I did not think there was much better than my Z30 and I was wrong) I must say though I am intrigued to give a Classic a go just to see what it is like. My Bold 9900 was one of my favorite devices ever and the Classic seems to be that upgrade we all wished for in the next version. I never had any complaints about my Z10 or Z30 so specs wise it would be a non issue as its internals are more than enough to ensure smooth fluid operation.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-07-15 12:19 AM
34 12