It's been a while since I retired, so I forgot how much abuse a Qwerty phone gets.

Working at a shop 2 days a week and my phone is taking abuse by using it with dirty hands. I have never had a double typing issue with th 9900 or the Classic, but I can see it happening.

Today I'm going to activate my Z10 so I can use it in the shop.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:41 AM
    I work in the trades and I know what you are talking about I just try to be careful before I start typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 06:49 AM
    Regular cleaning of the keyboard with air can or other ways is recommended regardless of clean or dirty work environment.

A friend of mine who has the Classic found a key sticking once in awhile causing the "double typing" and once cleaned out...it went away.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    05-21-15 07:09 AM
    Motorola made a dustproof version of the BB keyboard in the XT560. Here's hoping Blackberry can gain enough marketshare someday to offer a "tough" phone.
    05-21-15 07:18 AM
    Oil, grease, dirt and metal filings. Best way to solve this is don't use it.

The Z10 will be perfect. So there is a purpose for all touch phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:40 AM
    Regular cleaning of the keyboard with air can or other ways is recommended regardless of clean or dirty work environment.

A friend of mine who has the Classic found a key sticking once in awhile causing the "double typing" and once cleaned out...it went away.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I need to do this. I don't think my double typing issue is due to defect cause it doesn't happen when I type normally. Happens when I rush, which makes think that I need to clean my keyboard. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 11:09 PM
    OK what is the best way to clean the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 11:18 PM
    OK what is the best way to clean the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I second that

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboar
    05-22-15 01:47 AM
    I just turn the phone off and used a clean rag with a little GoJo on it. That removed the grease. Didn't like it but the keyboard was just to dirty.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:21 AM
    Since the last time I posted I get random double typing when I type fast. Maybe be from getting the keyboard dirty or from dropping. But most like operator error.

Damaged the Z10 SIM card pin trying to use an adapter.

I activated the 9900 so I will see if it will hold up on a dirty environment.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:23 AM