09-18-14 07:37 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 07:38 AM
    Thats why it has a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    ChainPunch and tufcustomer like this.
    09-18-14 04:06 PM
    And that's why it's called 'CLASSIC' it's taken things from the 'Legendary BOLD' and slapping them into a 2014/15 phone.
    09-18-14 06:50 PM
    With 13/14 tech.

Posted via CB10/Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-18-14 07:22 PM
    With 13/14 tech.

Would you call the CPU of the Classic 2014? it's a 1.5 DUAL... i was shocked when i first heard it... but it should be ok.... wish the Classic was a 1.5 QUAD now that would be the game changer.

Hopefully BlackBerry can fully understand and start making QUAD CPU phones with 3GB of ram..... if they really want to be noticed.

Yes it's a business phone (and they might ask why would a business man require Quad Core cpu and 3Gb of ram..) ;lol still it would be nice.
    09-18-14 07:34 PM
    Would you call the CPU of the Classic 2014? it's a 1.5 DUAL... i was shocked when i first heard it... but it should be ok.... wish the Classic was a 1.5 QUAD now that would be the game changer.

Hopefully BlackBerry can fully understand and start making QUAD CPU phones with 3GB of ram..... if they really want to be noticed.

Yes it's a business phone (and they might ask why would a business man require Quad Core cpu and 3Gb of ram..) ;lol still it would be nice.
    If only business people were going to buy it, one would have to ask that question. BlackBerry needs an against the grain phone to pick up the against the grain users.

09-18-14 07:58 PM
    I don't know what is wrong with releasing mid-tier phones. It has always been stated the Classic won't be anything near a flagship device, rather than something like a mid-tier phone. If it really comes with the internals of the Z30, I'd say it is fine enough - depending on the price in the end.

Posted via CB10
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    09-19-14 02:57 AM
    I don't know what is wrong with releasing mid-tier phones. It has always been stated the Classic won't be anything near a flagship device, rather than something like a mid-tier phone. If it really comes with the internals of the Z30, I'd say it is fine enough - depending on the price in the end.

Posted via CB10
    when Chen first showed off this device he stated that it would be premium but it seems that now thats not the case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 03:22 AM
    I can only speak for myself, but i'd like flagship specs at a mid tier price

white Z30 STA100-5
    topherparker likes this.
    09-19-14 03:23 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic will hit the sweet spot balancing "iconic bold 9900" quality, features and performance at mid range prices... they should sell many.....$$$

Top-tier flagship is the BlackBerry Passport. $$$$

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:29 AM
    when Chen first showed off this device he stated that it would be premium but it seems that now thats not the case.

Is this really the case, do you happen to have any links or something so I can read this? Ever since those rumors about the Q20 started, talk was it would be inferior to the Passport, the latter being the flagship while the other one will actually be in the medium priced segment - hence of course it won't have any high-end specs. This is at least how I read all the stuff regarding both phones.

Maybe Chen ment by being a "premium" phone he talked about the build quality, which seems on par with Q10, Z30 and Passport, thus much better than the cheaper Q5 or Z3.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-19-14 05:08 AM

It wouldn't be a game changer. It would be an overpriced dud. The general public doesn't want keyboard phones anymore. The only way this works is if it's cheap enough for the fans and enterprise to recognize a quality upgrade. It's not going head to head with the consumer market phones or specs. The passport will attempt that to a degree and will likely be very expensive.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:01 AM
    It wouldn't be a game changer. It would be an overpriced dud. The general public doesn't want keyboard phones anymore. The only way this works is if it's cheap enough for the fans and enterprise to recognize a quality upgrade. It's not going head to head with the consumer market phones or specs. The passport will attempt that to a degree and will likely be very expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Expensive dud? well you are right, expensive? yes dud? no... this is blackberry! and even though the specs are not needed a Quad Core in a classic or Q30? in the future, i would still pay for such a device.

And blackberry needs to go head to head with the rest of the group in the future. (they once did and they can do so again)

It just seems we are out of date.... still making phones with Dual core CPU's ? now tell me... when was Dual core introduced in a phone? blackberry need to focus on Quad Core now.
    09-19-14 06:27 AM
    Expensive dud? well you are right, expensive? yes dud? no... this is blackberry! and even though the specs are not needed a Quad Core in a classic or Q30? in the future, i would still pay for such a device.

And blackberry needs to go head to head with the rest of the group in the future. (they once did and they can do so again)

It just seems we are out of date.... still making phones with Dual core CPU's ? now tell me... when was Dual core introduced in a phone? blackberry need to focus on Quad Core now.
    The iPhone 6 has a 1.4 dual core processor and 1 gb of ram. And it gets released in the us today. And it will break records. Specs impress the crazed fans but not the general public. Price on the other hand does matter to everyone. Me and you buying a classic at a premium price makes 2 very happy customers but a very unhappy blackberry sales team.

What are you doing with your phone anyway that you want a quad core processor on a 3.5 inch screen?

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    09-19-14 06:44 AM
    The iPhone 6 has a 1.4 dual core processor and 1 gb of ram. And it gets released in the us today. And it will break records. Specs impress the crazed fans but not the general public. Price on the other hand does matter to everyone. Me and you buying a classic at a premium price makes 2 very happy customers but a very unhappy blackberry sales team.

What are you doing with your phone anyway that you want a quad core processor on a 3.5 inch screen?

Posted via CB10
    I just think overtime.... 1.5Ghz dual won't cut it... but then again this is a Blackberry OS, so i'm sure they know what they're doing.

AS for apple? heh it's just an expensive shiny toy, can't stand that phone (proud to say... i've never owned one at all)

Yes blackberry sales team won't be happy... but they need to focus on a bit more power in the future... they haven't even jumped to the 2ghz barrier yet...

What am i doing with my phone? well not much... but it's nice to know it can pack 1.5 Quad Core under the hood. lol
    09-19-14 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    ^^^this

The Classic will likely have Z30 specs, which is fine by me. My Z30 is butter smooth even without 10.3. Less of a screen and hard-wired buttons means that the Classic will be even smoother than a Z30. I'd rather take a perfectly fine-working $400 device over an over-specced $700 device. State-of-the-art gets expensive quick in the tech world

Keep in mind--BlackBerry wants to get big fleet sales out of the Classic. A top-end consumer spec-fetish phone with all that unnecessary cost isn't well suited to that purpose. iPhones work just fine with less than z/q10 specs. Nokias and HTC Windows phones work fine with Z30-ish specs. Only the Androids seem to need top of the line specs to run consistently.

So I'm glad if BlackBerry is letting the Passport be the flagship and letting the Classic be just a great mid range phone.

From a Z30
    09-19-14 08:05 AM
    I can dig Z30 specs no problem, just better not be lower for Christs sake.

Can't wait to see the leather cases come out for this.
    09-19-14 08:33 AM
    I would like a specs monster, but honestly don't need it. But I definitely don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a phone with the same specs as my current phone (Q10). So if it ships with Z30 specs, I'll be ok with that. I just wish it comes with 3gb of RAM, just because. And before anyone says anything, RAM is dirt cheap. Bought in bulk at wholesale it's literally a difference of a few dollars per device...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-19-14 05:42 PM
    Is this really the case, do you happen to have any links or something so I can read this? Ever since those rumors about the Q20 started, talk was it would be inferior to the Passport, the latter being the flagship while the other one will actually be in the medium priced segment - hence of course it won't have any high-end specs. This is at least how I read all the stuff regarding both phones.

Maybe Chen ment by being a "premium" phone he talked about the build quality, which seems on par with Q10, Z30 and Passport, thus much better than the cheaper Q5 or Z3.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/blackberry-q20/ this isnt the link i originally read but if u look near the bottom it says crafted out of premium materials. clearly not the case anymore with a rubber back and plastic

09-19-14 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    the number of core doesn't really matter that much, as a phone won't use more than 2 cores even in 97% of the GAMES. what is more important is the architecture, and then the clock speed. iPhone's chip has great architecture, and is a lot more powerful than the Snapdragon S4 used on Z10/Z30. As for 1gb of Ram, IOS doesn't have real multi-tasking so it doesn't require that much Ram, whereas Blackberry should have it because right now it only support 8 active frame open simultaneous and I hope they can put more Ram to go beyond that limit.
    09-19-14 07:27 PM