I keep seeing that the Classic is basically for BBOS holdouts and I am sure that there are some like that.

But there are plenty of us that were early adopters of bb10 that simply want the efficiency of the keyboard and tool belt along with the power of bb10.

That's why I also want good specs, not Passport level specs but at least on oar with a z30, so if I upgrade it will really be an upgrade and not just a cross grade to a different form factor.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 05:20 PM
    The Classic is for all kinds of people.

The BBOS holdouts, the current BB10 users and even those on other platforms.

I myself was a huge BBOS users back in the day, been with iPhone for 3+ years but now that the Classic is coming, I'm ready to switch back. Texting I can deal with on iOS but email has been an absolute pain. Also, I use to write a lot and since I haven't had the physical keyboard, my writing has decreased so much. Personally looking forward to the Classic.
    bigjman and Frehley like this.
    10-18-14 05:46 PM
    I got the Q10 upon release. Though I am happy with it, I look forward to having the added functionality of the trackpad and dedicated buttons.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    10-18-14 05:51 PM
    The Classic would be the perfect work phone replacement for my aging 9790.

Posted from a D618
    th.1977 likes this.
    10-18-14 06:17 PM
    It is for many kinds of people, which is why two price points would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-18-14 06:34 PM
    YES!! It is for ANYone seeking efficient precision with minimal distraction, IMO. It's not difficult to find users of other platforms who will volunteer growing dissatisfaction with glass oriented UI. Classic is well positioned, and i believe well timed, to exploit that slight but growing niche market opportunity. Never know where that exposure might lead? Classic's efficient precision will sell itself!
    10-18-14 07:18 PM
    YES!! It is for ANYone seeking efficient precision with minimal distraction, IMO. It's not difficult to find users of other platforms who will volunteer growing dissatisfaction with glass oriented UI. Classic is well positioned, and i believe well timed, to exploit that slight but growing niche market opportunity. Never know where that exposure might lead? Classic's efficient precision will sell itself!
    This might be true but it's not enough. It's funny how people react when they see my z30. First they say wow what is that? And then they say BlackBerry is still around? And then at a future opportunity point out to others that I "still have a blackberry". A kind of jab.

They don't know of bb10. They still think of their old curves and their storm. Funny thing is, I'm a mobile nerd. I've had iphones and androids and webos and can likely tell them things about their own phones they could never know. Hell I've tested and released big name ios and Android apps (the latter tested on none other than my blackberry). But to them I must still have a blackberry because I'm stuck in a contract or can't afford their phone, or somehow slipped in a coma for the last 5 years.

So there might be truth to there still being a market for keyboard phones, but the "blackberry problem" will likely still be an issue. That's why devices like the passport is so important. They are attention getting and they remind people that blackberry is still around and important and still innovating.

Posted via CB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    10-18-14 08:31 PM
    This might be true but it's not enough. It's funny how people react when they see my z30. First they say wow what is that? And then they say BlackBerry is still around? And then at a future opportunity point out to others that I "still have a blackberry". A kind of jab.

They don't know of bb10. They still think of their old curves and their storm. Funny thing is, I'm a mobile nerd. I've had iphones and androids and webos and can likely tell them things about their own phones they could never know. Hell I've tested and released big name ios and Android apps (the latter tested on none other than my blackberry). But to them I must still have a blackberry because I'm stuck in a contract or can't afford their phone, or somehow slipped in a coma for the last 5 years.

So there might be truth to there still being a market for keyboard phones, but the "blackberry problem" will likely still be an issue. That's why devices like the passport is so important. They are attention getting and they remind people that blackberry is still around and important and still innovating.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, BB isn't driving Apple or Sammy to Chapter 11 any time soon. BUT, getting their proven concepts of efficient precision into even a few iOS hands will plant valuable seeds of exposure. Restoring their reputation is a place to start growing from. Restoring their reputation with their own users is a MUST to get ANY iOS users to take BB seriously. Classic is a great leap toward restoring BB's reputation with legacy users. You can't fix a damaged reputation by running from yourself.

Classic is well positioned to start finding it's way into at least a few discontented iOS hands. Far from getting back into double digit market share but a good point to build from. Every journey starts with a first step. Passport is a wonderful first step. Classic is a worthwhile next step. Efficient precision is ALWAYS worthwhile.
    10-18-14 09:43 PM
    Yeah, BB isn't driving Apple or Sammy to Chapter 11 any time soon. BUT, getting their proven concepts of efficient precision into even a few iOS hands will plant valuable seeds of exposure. Restoring their reputation is a place to start growing from. Restoring their reputation with their own users is a MUST to get ANY iOS users to take BB seriously. Classic is a great leap toward restoring BB's reputation with legacy users. You can't fix a damaged reputation by running from yourself.

Classic is well positioned to start finding it's way into at least a few discontented iOS hands. Far from getting back into double digit market share but a good point to build from. Every journey starts with a first step. Passport is a wonderful first step. Classic is a worthwhile next step. Efficient precision is ALWAYS worthwhile.
    I think it's yet to be seen if restoring their rep with their own users will help. I can count the blackberry users I know personally on one hand, and I'm in corporate ny, where there is still amount of blackberrys floating around.

I'm thinking the real hope is in the younger crowd that is more tech savvy and doesn't remember blackberry from days past. Maybe they will give it a whirl

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:14 PM
    I think it's yet to be seen if restoring their rep with their own users will help. I can count the blackberry users I know personally on one hand, and I'm in corporate ny, where there is still amount of blackberrys floating around.

I'm thinking the real hope is in the younger crowd that is more tech savvy and doesn't remember blackberry from days past. Maybe they will give it a whirl

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Of course the Classic itself is yet to be "seen". I stay far as possible from NYC, these days. Part of my "retirement pact" with the wife. Apple is a natural for the "Big Apple", but down here in the trenches, BB is still alive and kicking. No better sales force than actual users, IMO. Younger users are curious, IMO. Looking at specs and other behaviors, I personally believe some of the younger crowd is part of what Chen is targeting with the Classic. Advising younger users to consider a Classic with 10.3.1 is something i can finally, honestly, do.
    10-19-14 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not if we don't soon release a top end device they would like. Not to many younger kids want a huge thing like a Passport and the classic can't do what thry want to do with a phone and that's game, social networking and of course our poor "younger generation" app selection

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    12-26-14 04:11 AM
    I keep seeing that the Classic is basically for BBOS holdouts and I am sure that there are some like that.

But there are plenty of us that were early adopters of bb10 that simply want the efficiency of the keyboard and tool belt along with the power of bb10.

That's why I also want good specs, not Passport level specs but at least on oar with a z30, so if I upgrade it will really be an upgrade and not just a cross grade to a different form factor.

Posted via CB10
    Don't mind people who make comments like that. They are too simple-minded to be able to see past the "newer has to be better" mentality. Those of us who know better realize combining the strengths of both old and new is better than simply not learning from the past. People don't realize that some of the greatest military commanders today actually take a lot of inspiration for tactics from the old testament of the bible. And they still work. That's why auto-makers who tried to make everything touchscreen control a few years ago when that was the big hype are now returning to physical controls after they realize they are superior and more efficient. But hey, don't tell these things to these "newer has to be better" kids because you'll just be accused of being a dinosaur or whatever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    1TIME, ViaCassian and Vintage123 like this.
    12-26-14 02:04 PM
    People stuck in the past? I find that very offensive and it's definitely not the way to get people to upgrade.
    12-26-14 02:16 PM
    People stuck in the past? I find that very offensive and it's definitely not the way to get people to upgrade.
    OP is from October.....one of the many buhu-classic-is-bs-posts before even holding and using the device, so don't bother ;-)

Posted via CB10
    th.1977 likes this.
    12-26-14 07:40 PM
    I am currently using the Passport; i am also using my Q10 and I have to say that I am having difficulty going back to it. At first I didn't like the Passport's form factor but now I realize it's a superior phone all round. Saying that I am waiting for the Classic but I am not sure if the experience will be worth it.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-27-14 01:30 AM
    I am currently using the Passport; i am also using my Q10 and I have to say that I am having difficulty going back to it. At first I didn't like the Passport's form factor but now I realize it's a superior phone all round. Saying that I am waiting for the Classic but I am not sure if the experience will be worth it.

CB10 on my Passport
    This is how I feel. I was originally waiting for the Classic, and thought the Passport was ugly. But I bought it anyways, and love its design and all of its features.

Now I want the Classic just to have it, but I don't know, it just feels like it's a step down from my Passport. It's not like the Classic has convenience keys and an illuminated trackpad. The Passport has spoiled me.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:22 AM
    the past is coming to haunt you....lol
    12-27-14 10:20 AM