Now I've had the Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, and now a Classic. I really, really like this Classic a whole lot. I seriously mean that and am contemplating Classic vs Passport for my daily. A do find one this strange about the Classic though.

I realize a couple OSs back a icon was added for the HUB allowing for HUB access without swiping. Some people loved it, some not so much. Some people put it on their last page while others deleted it. Well has anyone noticed the Classic has manual swiping to the HUB, the full HUB App icon, another HUB icon in the lower left hand corner, and also a tiny envelope symbol next to the page numbers that will go to the HUB if you tap it. Just thought it was weird to have 4 ways to the HUB from the same page? I believe the HUB is one of the absolute best features of BlackBerry 10 but is that many ways in that necessary? Does it make it seem more complicated or just offering options to newbies?

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-14-15 01:41 PM
    This icon is available also on other devices than the Classic.

Besides, another option if you have a PKB: press M and the hub opens...
    03-14-15 02:08 PM
    This icon is available also on other devices than the Classic.

Besides, another option if you have a PKB: press M and the hub opens...
    Yeah, but I changed it so now when I press M it calls Mom. Shhh, don't tell anyone!

Ealaionta likes this.
    03-14-15 02:51 PM
    They had to put something there on the classic and they put hub there because the classic doesn't need a phone icon (you hit the send key). The classic is meant to be fool proof and follows the idea that if you can access a feature, you should see a button either on screen or off screen.

I agree it's redundant but I also understand why it's there. I wish it was customizable though.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 03:14 PM
    I agree that it's a bit redundant. However, there is a difference between the different ways to access the Hub.

When you swipe into the Hub using either the touchscreen or the trackpad (or by tapping the little envelope icon on the dotted line), the Hub opens to the last page that you had it on. When you tap one of the two Hub icons, it opens the Hub fresh, to the 'main' page and to the top of the list.

So if you open the Hub, then go into a text conversation or email, then swipe out of the Hub or hit the End key (which does the same thing), the Hub will be in that conversation or email. Swipe back into the Hub using the touchscreen or trackpad--or touch the little envelope on the page indicator row--and the Hub will be exactly where you left it. However, if you tap the Hub icon on the bottom left or the movable Hub icon, the Hub will refresh, opening to the latest notification and top of the list.

At first I thought that this was all redundant, and that the Hub icon in the bottom left should function exactly like the 90 degree peek swipe. But after a week with the Classic, I am a fan of the current setup. I can return to a conversation, rapidly swipe between a conversation and an app, or open the Hub 'fresh' if a new notification comes in that isn't part of the conversation.

Well, I guess the Hub icon on the grid is redundant. I can't see any situation where it would be better than the bottom-left Hub icon. It seems like a vestigial leftover from the other BB10 devices.

From a Classic
    anon6040766 and joan006 like this.
    03-14-15 04:00 PM
    I agree that it's a bit redundant. However, there is a difference between the different ways to access the Hub.

When you swipe into the Hub using either the touchscreen or the trackpad (or by tapping the little envelope icon on the dotted line), the Hub opens to the last page that you had it on. When you tap one of the two Hub icons, it opens the Hub fresh, to the 'main' page and to the top of the list.

So if you open the Hub, then go into a text conversation or email, then swipe out of the Hub or hit the End key (which does the same thing), the Hub will be in that conversation or email. Swipe back into the Hub using the touchscreen or trackpad--or touch the little envelope on the page indicator row--and the Hub will be exactly where you left it. However, if you tap the Hub icon on the bottom left or the movable Hub icon, the Hub will refresh, opening to the latest notification and top of the list.

At first I thought that this was all redundant, and that the Hub icon in the bottom left should function exactly like the 90 degree peek swipe. But after a week with the Classic, I am a fan of the current setup. I can return to a conversation, rapidly swipe between a conversation and an app, or open the Hub 'fresh' if a new notification comes in that isn't part of the conversation.

Well, I guess the Hub icon on the grid is redundant. I can't see any situation where it would be better than the bottom-left Hub icon. It seems like a vestigial leftover from the other BB10 devices.

From a Classic
    Makes sense now. Solid explanation. Will need to play with setup of icons to see how I like it best.

03-14-15 04:22 PM
    Analog girl in a digital world.....

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-14-15 10:08 PM