Ive tried typing on a passport.. its kinda tough and I guess adjusting from classic to pp for me will be longer than I expected.. I'll miss the alt button. and the 4 row pkb.. So ill put my pp plans on shelf for now..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:31 AM
    Have you compared the Classic keyboard to the Q10's? I like the Classic in this comparison as well. I agree, the Classic has a great keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:42 AM
    The Classic's PKB was one of the deciding factors for me on upgrading my wife's Q10. That and the extra screen real estate.

Overall I'm impressed with the Classic, not enough for me to ditch my Z30 but it's been a perfect fit for my wife's needs.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-07-16 10:07 AM
    I agree. I went from a Q10 to a PP and could never get used to the three-row keyboard. The PP went into early retirement when I picked up this Classic. I must admit I haven't tried a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 10:12 AM
    PPSE, Z30, Q10, Priv all sit in my drawer waiting for me. Nothing is as good as my Classic. Tried PP for 6 months. 3 row keyboard with the funky capacitive feature was a real PIA.
    joseanmx likes this.
    02-07-16 10:18 AM
    tried the Q5.. keyboard to small
    tried the Q10.. still keyboard to small
    using the Classic... since 13 month now which has perfect size keyboard, easy and fast to use.
    getting the PP next week as sort of mini-tablet paired with BT-keyboard and BT-mouse, mainly being used as Desktop device because of the faster processor and the bigger screen, but still the Classic will remain my main device of choice and every day driver.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-07-16 10:46 AM
    The pp has the best keyboard. Anyone who has gotten used to it and learned the countless tricks to using it efficiently could never go back to a physical 4 row
    02-07-16 10:50 AM
    PPSE, Z30, Q10, Priv all sit in my drawer waiting for me. Nothing is as good as my Classic. Tried PP for 6 months. 3 row keyboard with the funky capacitive feature was a real PIA.
    Wanna trade the SE?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-07-16 10:53 AM
    Classic is the Bold the (my) world was waiting for. All previous ones (9000, 9900, Q10) lead to this most excellent design; on the keyboard, each time the keys have gotten bigger, and this time finally got the perfect size for my hands. For the first time I get to use my actual thumbs to type, as opposed to my finger tips, and can type without looking. I think one year on the Z30 prepared me for this too.

The Z30's virtual one isn't bad at all. In fact, once I placed the sim card in it, the Q10 barely got any use. Z30 simply -works- I barely even noticed it was there, just did what I had to do seamlessly (isn't that a word?) without a single hiccup. Granted I'm somewhat slower on the Classic, but much, much happier.

Shortcuts? I remember one had to decide between speed dials, or shortcuts; while I wanted the latter, the former were more important at the time so I had a couple keys assigned for quick calls. On the Classic I can do either, so having every single key assigned as either SC or SD, is also a first timer for me. I barely have to go through icons, or touch the screen anymore.

Everything I thought the 9000 and 9900 were, the Classic is.

Saludos.
    02-07-16 12:53 PM
    Best keyboard 9900, then passport SE and classic blue (it feels better than the black), thrn Q5.
    02-07-16 03:17 PM
    Have you compared the Classic keyboard to the Q10's? I like the Classic in this comparison as well. I agree, the Classic has a great keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    im a Q10 owner before.. I experienced double typing.. minus the double typing classic is still way better because its more bigger

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 07:23 PM
    I agree, but honestly, I think it's tied with my Silver Edition Passport. You just have to get used to typing on the Passport, and then you'll be able to type really fast like on the Classic.

The Classic definitely has the best keyboard of all the regular styled BlackBerrys, and it's really a lot of fun to type on.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 12:40 AM
    It depends on what is 'best'...

In my case I prefer the pkb of PP OG than SE.

For me the 'best' is the 9900 then Classic and Q10.

Don't like it soft pkb's.

Regards
    joseanmx likes this.
    02-08-16 05:15 AM
    I Love the PP keyboard, but now looking forward to trying the Classic.
    02-08-16 12:55 PM
    I am switching Classic and PP a lot and have adopted well on both, even do not anymore search the alt key, when I get back to PP.
    The softness of tze PP is just amazing and even I thought I might be faster with Classic tests proof something else...

Something in between the both would be interesting, but the Priv seems to even have a smaller pkb than the Classic...

Both aswesome keyboards!

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    02-08-16 02:18 PM
    Classic has the best keyboard of any smartphone I have ever seen

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:02 PM
    Naturally subjective. Entirely depends on individual use. For double thumbing LONG "conventionally worded" documents, I might grab my PP. At least if a desktop isn't available. PP's "flick spell" is useless for unique, one off, nomenclature & acronyms too frequently used in my profession, tho.

My Classic is a great double thumber. Especially if non-spellcheck precision is needed. I find the key feel a little fatigue-ing, IMO.

Also, Classic is THE best single thumber in current production. Hands down. (pun intended ) But, the long reach to opposite side "alt" & "enter", combined with its top heavy weight distribution, slows my single thumb typing somewhat. Especially for "out of position" single thumbing, like catching up on messages in bed. Which makes it the second best single thumber EVER.

9900 still reigns champion of single thumbing, IMO, but compared with THAT superb formfactor, Classic's second best status is outstandingly admirable!! IMO, of course.

That's just talking about simple typing. The BlackBerry experience is not JUST about typing on a pkb. It's also about keyboard navigation. Something BB tried to forget (QNX & TH never knew, IMO) with the original Q10, as released. Short cuts, speed dials, TRACKPAD!!!!, physical "end" key, back key, menu key, etc... are ALL also part of the full BlackBerry pkb experience.

To that end, Classic reigns supreme among current production PKB devices. Second best EVER, behind 9900. And that's a GREAT place to be, IMO.
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    02-10-16 04:45 AM
    Of course it does

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    02-10-16 07:18 AM
    I would disagree. However, each to their own. I think the Bold's were best, followed by the Q. That is the great thing about choice.
    02-15-16 08:01 PM
    The Bold 9900 with its smiley shaped curved keyboard was so easy. Not sure why they went with the straight keyboard.

Maybe the straight one looks better? But what counts is what you can type on without relying on auto correct or having to look at the keyboard.

Not a fan of the software enhanced keyboards like the Priv has. Or the size of the Priv. Or anything at all about the Priv. But I guess there is zero chance of BlackBerry ever building a pure mechanical sturdy heavy duty smiley 9900ish keyboard ever again.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-16-16 12:01 AM
    As I recall, at the time, BB claimed their "internal testing" had indicated the Q's "straight" kb was faster. No one in my office believes that. We believe the Q's lack of ToolBelt left a space to fill between the curved KB and screen. Straightening the kb eliminated the gap & maximized screenestate.

We also suspect, given the amount of time it took to add Classic's ToolBelt to the OS, that the decision to abandon toolbelt on the Q might have been driven at least partly by BB10 deployment schedule. That's the consensus around the breakroom table anyway. FWIW.

I, personally, find my stiff old thumb more comfortably articulates along the 9900 smiling kb than Q's straight. But that's just "internal testing" on my part. Lol. Q's kb was good tho. Second best ever before getting displaced to third by the Classic. IMO. "internal testing" again. Lol.
    02-16-16 08:39 AM
    The passport in my opinion is way too big on the other hand the classic is the perfect two handed keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 06:09 PM