Hi. I was thinking of switching to the Classic. I have a Q10 now. Would this be a good choice, I love my Q10 but been thinking of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:49 PM
    It's not an upgrade, it's just different.
    jope28 likes this.
    08-08-15 04:44 PM
    Many threads on this. Bottom line is Classic is a superior phone in many respects.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 05:01 PM
    It depends on what you're looking for. If it's higher specs, then no. If you want a slightly bigger screen with track pad, then sure. But if you're willing to leave behind one-handed use, then the Passport, not the Classic, is indeed an upgrade over the Q10.

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    08-08-15 05:14 PM
    I had a Q10 and to me the screen, trackpad, LCD screen, premium build and heft on the Classic is an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    servandohv likes this.
    08-08-15 05:26 PM
    Thanks!! I love the fact that I have a keyboard with the Q10 and my previous blackberry curve. They a just superior phones for the work I do. I miss the track pad for sure,bigger screen would be good too.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 05:59 PM
    Thanks!! I love the fact that I have a keyboard with the Q10 and my previous blackberry curve. They a just superior phones for the work I do. I miss the track pad for sure,bigger screen would be good too.

Posted via CB10
    Classic's toolbelt makes it the most single hand friendly device in current production AND helps keep thumbs from obscuring screenestate. Its physical end key helps assure your last caller isn't still listening.

If, like most here in the Classic forum, you miss the trackpad, I think you'll find Classic to be a supremely functional upgrade from Q10. There's more to an "upgrade" than spec #s.
    Avenzuno and andy957 like this.
    08-08-15 07:47 PM
    Yes it's an excellent choice for an upgrade to the Q10

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:38 PM
    I JUST did this, and I say yes! The Classic just feels like a Blackberry. The Q10 was a good phone but I'm enjoying my Classic more. The bigger screen and tool belt are great to have. The Classic is just a bit bigger and to me, it makes all the difference. It just feels better in my hand and using apps is a better experience.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-08-15 09:05 PM
    It's a perfectly good upgrade. You won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:55 AM
    "Optically" yes.
    Battery? May be.
    Specs... no.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    08-09-15 02:05 AM
    There are many topics like this already, I'd suggest doing a search for more opinions.

To me, the "upgrade" was worth it. However this is not your typical "update" as you would expect, rather than some sort of a sidegrade. The bigger screen is a real plus for me, it's just 0.4" more but it makes quite a difference. What's almost more important is the new LCD display, it is *much* brighter compared to the SuperAMOLED of the Q10, right now on a sunny day there are no problems reading the screen in bright sunlight. At night, the screen dims more and makes it much more comfortable to read. The ppi is slightly lower, however the difference isn't as much as you'd expect because you get a true RGB pattern rather than a pentile matrix.

The battery is another slight upgrade, the Classic simply has more reserves left at the end of the day. Although you shouldn't expect any miracles.
    Another important thing is the keyboard, which IMHO is a real upgrade. The keys are slightly wider, their shape is better, the tactile feedback is better. Typing on the Classic is a simple joy, BlackBerry really nailed it. Too bad the double-typing threat still remains.

Regarding toolbelt and trackpad, I can only say I sometimes use them, but not as much as I thought. The trackpad is much smaller than it was on legacy devices, being only about the size of a key. It still becomes very handy for one-handed navigation and fine text-selection. The toolbelt again helps with one-handed navigation.
    Designwise I also prefer the Classic, it really is a BlackBerry through and through, even though the internal construction seems rather poor with all those glued parts. But that seems to be the way of the future.

Most major downside for me is the fixed battery. My last Classic died pretty quickly due to a faulty battery. On a Q10, I could've just ordered a new battery and replaced it easily myself - would've been a one day wait. The Classic however had to be sent in for repair which took almost six weeks. Just to change the bloody battery, considering BB just sends out refurbs anyways, it is even less logical the replacement took so long.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-09-15 03:36 AM
    I used a Q10 and now use a Classic and it definitely feels like an upgrade! They are different phones.. the tool belt and track pad bring back the "classic" BlackBerry feel.. which is a good thing! The Classic has a bigger screen and I enjoy it's keyboard better than the Q10. I recommend the Classic!
    08-09-15 04:34 PM
    Just switched 2 days ago from Q10. Before that had the Torch and before that the Curve. Its bigger that Q10 and thats great if you are tired of small screen size. it is heavier that Q10 but not to the extreme. im not in love with the non removable battery but time will tell if this battery last as long as they say. i do love having my return button and track button on the bar. after last software push the Q10 had button built in on camera screen...hated that!! aving to move all my home screen folders is a pain....if you are going to switch devices, make sure you download "Device Switch" on BOTH phones...old and new before they shut off your old phone. i like the Classic
    08-09-15 04:56 PM
    Yes, Classic by all means.... I loved my Q10 but the classic just feels so familiar....BlackBerry Style....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:57 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:52 PM