I hope the classic will still have nfc, wireless charging, and a big battery like my verizon z30. Personally I hope the battery is NOT removable. Every BlackBerry I've had suffers from a creaky or loose battery cover and it's very aggravating. The Z30 has such a good battery I never needed to replace it. I have a feeling the battery will be replaceable since I feel blackberry doesn't want to hear excuses about the phone. So I support them there. Still I have my fingers crossed

Also, bonus if they throw a fingerprint reader in the trackpad to unlock the phone.

Love my z30 but I do miss the physical keyboard at times. Very excited about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard and waterfrontmgmt like this.
    07-12-14 07:35 PM
    I agree on the removable battery or at least a more solid cover. I have to use electrical tape on my battery to get a snug fit and great keyboard. On just about every phone I have had the past 8 years.
    07-12-14 08:43 PM
    All depends on individual needs, I guess. I, for one, would never consider trading my 18V Dewalt battery pack power tools for fixed battery "toys". All depends on how much time you can tether to an outlet. Bigger batts might take longer to charge? The usb standard has limitations. The better solution, IMO, might be for BBRY to make a solid cover?
    spork141 likes this.
    07-13-14 03:45 AM
    I would take a smaller removable battery over a larger non-removable one any day. Being able to swap in a second battery instead of waiting for it to charge is a huge plus. Also, I don't wanna have to take the phone apart when the battery starts to go bad.
    07-13-14 05:30 AM
    I would take a smaller removable battery over a larger non-removable one any day. Being able to swap in a second battery instead of waiting for it to charge is a huge plus. Also, I don't wanna have to take the phone apart when the battery starts to go bad.
    Based off your preferences, you'd choose a Z10 over Z30. I only have the former and it has 'decent' battery life, but the praise for the Z30 shouldn't be ignored as it stands to have the best battery life out of all the BB10 devices this far (based on people reviews and comments), so would you answer still remain the same or would it change?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:00 AM
    My Wife still uses her 9700 and charges it ONCE a week .
    Based off your preferences, you'd choose a Z10 over Z30. I only have the former and it has 'decent' battery life, but the praise for the Z30 shouldn't be ignored as it stands to have the best battery life out of all the BB10 devices this far (based on people reviews and comments), so would you answer still remain the same or would it change?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:58 AM
    The better solution, IMO, might be for BBRY to make a solid cover?
    OK yes you got me here. Might need to be noted that I'm not sure if Wireless charging and a removable battery is possible at the same time. I'm not sure. Just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:30 AM
    OK yes you got me here. Might need to be noted that I'm not sure if Wireless charging and a removable battery is possible at the same time. I'm not sure. Just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I wouldn't know either. An entire thread could easily be devoted to wireless charging. It certainly eliminates contact issues. I habitually "jiggle" the 9900 while inserting into a desk/car cradle. A drop of contact lube works miracles but the charging mode still needs to be verified.

I'd like to know how wireless charging might interact with the signal amplifier antenna built into the SmoothTalker car kit cradle. Of course maybe the 30's antenna won't need the amplifier?

Also charging rate? The smoothtalker cradle re-charges the 9900's battery WAY faster than usb charge. Maybe not the best for batt life but it sure prevents loosing a critical call too many times per week. How much trouble might be encountered implementing wireless charging in a DC powered system?
    07-13-14 12:47 PM
    I have the bundle. Rarely use it but when I do I swap instead of plugging in. The battery on the Q10 is just solid. Wouldn't mind a battery that isn't removable if they made it slightly bigger. Would love a slightly thicker phone, actually.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:28 PM
    Well I think the classic is going to measure in closer to the size if the z30, not the q10. The screen will be the same width in portrait, just square. Add in the keyboard and tool belt and you have almost a z30 sized phone. Also means it could have a z30 sized battery. Which would rule on the classic which has a smaller screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:34 PM
    I get a little jealus when my wife charges her Nexus 5 in a Nokia wireless charger. All my future devices will have wireless charging!
    07-14-14 04:38 AM
    I want it to come with an OEM extended battery with door, but for a whole lot of reasons I know that ain't gonna happen
    Saying goodbye to my dream of a 6000mAh BlackBerry.... LOL!

from an australian Z10...
    07-14-14 05:09 AM
    I'm 100% a swappable-battery guy.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    07-14-14 12:01 PM
    I'm 100% a swappable-battery guy.
    i agree, to me a quality phone has a removable battary

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    hlg8888 likes this.
    07-14-14 12:18 PM
    With youse on the battery cover.! Blackberry needs to take a hard look at the Nokia E6's battery cover!
    That said, I'll take a removable battery every time. Sure the sealed ones are larger, but down the line when the battery starts dying that's a big issue. Or if u happen to get one with a defective battery, being able to pop in a new one is a huge advantage, especially if u use your device as much as I do!
    I also love the tool belt! 2 of the few things I don't like about my Q10 result from the swipe up originating from the keyboard ; this means for me that the gesture commonly requires several attempts and u may end up doing something u didn't want to! Plus having physical call and end buttons plus all your menu options in one place, these are always good! Finally trackpads are unbeaten for precise cursor placement. The Passport solves this with a much larger but I don't care for giant screens, I'm all about 1 handed use!
    Only other thing I'd love to see is a change to the ( physical) keyboard so that when u long press a key , instead of a capital letter, do the alternate character like Nokia did on the E6 and E7. Many times, at least for me, the alternate character is much more useful! Cheers!
    idssteve likes this.
    07-16-14 01:17 PM
    64GB onboard memory expandable up to another 64GB. Yeah, I'm dreaming, lol.
    07-19-14 05:53 PM
    removable battery or im sticking with my Q

Posted via CB/Q10
    beckzyboi likes this.
    07-19-14 06:49 PM
    Yeah I doubt there would be more than 32 gb internal. Besides expandable SD is up to 128 gb now. Well be fine

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:15 PM
    I'm not saying I don't get the removable battery thing. But if you are going to ask me to pick between a removable battery and better build quality/wireless charging. I'll take the latter hands down. I use my phone all day long and I still have enough sense to keep the thing charging at night and on my charger while I'm at my workstation. It's even easier with a wireless charger.

I also have a BlackBerry portable battery charger thingie just in case and I never have to use it with my z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:19 PM
    I'm not saying I don't get the removable battery thing. But if you are going to ask me to pick between a removable battery and better build quality/wireless charging. I'll take the latter hands down. I use my phone all day long and I still have enough sense to keep the thing charging at night and on my charger while I'm at my workstation. It's even easier with a wireless charger.

I also have a BlackBerry portable battery charger thingie just in case and I never have to use it with my z30.

Posted via CB10
    Wireless charging does not require an integrated battery... Samsung's Galaxy phones support wireless charging and have removable batteries...
    07-20-14 02:38 AM
    IPS screen (no cheap amoled)
    07-22-14 01:32 PM
    IPS screen (no cheap amoled)
    Uh, I do believe Super AMOLED is actually more expensive and more advanced (considering one was developed in the 1970's and the other in the late 2000's)... But I guess if you don't like it, then it must be the "cheaper" one right?
    07-22-14 01:46 PM