Simply put the BlackBerry classic is a disappointment. I have an iphone 5s as a second line and I'm gonna switch lines. The main issue is the calendar (which I check constantly for work) and the HUB.

1) When you search for anything in the hub it definitely takes several seconds for the emails or messages to come up. Then to "recalibrate" the HUB it takes seemingly forever to go back to all the messages. Now I understand an iphone only has emails in its inbox and not all other types of messages but it just doesn't work smoothly enough on the classic

2) the calendar is so difficult to navigate around because of the freezing of the screens.

3) pulling up contacts within a message or in the dial up screen is also freezing

My summary: this is BlackBerry not being able to execute. Their intention to make a messaging powerhouse is commendable. But sadly BlackBerry 10 OS is still too laggy and freezing. IOS is so damn stable. I almost never have issues with the common needs: calendar, email, sms ,camera etc...

I hate to say this but I'm done once again. Apple is just firing on all cylinders with their phones. The apps work flawlessly. An earlier thread mentioned linked in and Facebook on BlackBerry behind IOS. It's an understatement. I just don't think it will ever change. This is my second BlackBerry 10 phone (first was Q10) and I think my last. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 03:58 PM
    Won't you miss the physical keyboard?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-13-15 12:58 PM
    It's only laggy for me when running Android apps. Everything else seems to run smoothly.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-13-15 02:22 PM
    Do as you wish but I don't have the same problem. Maybe a reload of the OS will help. Best of luck.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-13-15 03:05 PM
    I'd try reloading the OS. Or if it's a new phone, then you should give it a few days before you toss it. 10.3.1 needs a few days to get settled.

From a Z30
    03-13-15 11:26 PM
    I have had my Classic a little over a week and the only lag/freezing I experience is with the calendar (which is frustrating). Everything else works great.

I've called BlackBerry tech support and did a re-load of the software last night (but didn't restore the backup files initially).

After the OS re-load (and not yet loading back up file), the calendar was smooth and functional. But, I then restored the backup files (I did before re-installing the OS) and it seems back to being laggy/freezing.

Did you do a device switch from a 9900/9930 to your Classic using BlackBerry Link? If so, this is potentially the issue. It's possible there was a corrupt file from the old 9900/9930 backup file.

The BlackBerry tech support suggested I could use BlackBerry Desktop Manager (for OS 7 devices), do a custom backup and back up *only* the calendar (from my 9900), then open up BlackBerry Link (for BB10 phones obviously), plug in your Classic, and do a custom restore (must select custom restore option), and restore *only* the calendar (again, using the OS7 calendar file).

This seems to have helped me.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:13 AM
    The Q10 and Classic are essentially the same device in regard to your stated plight, so you still on your first device with BB10. Looks like you still owe RIM a purchase later this year before you go ^_^

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-14-15 01:20 AM
    I use an iphone5s as my travel phone as well. I have to agree with OP on some points, that apps on ios just works so much better...

But I don't think my Classic is lagging that bad. The only lagging issue I have is with the stock music player. Also I find it way too basic compared to iTunes or Google Music.

But I guess you can't have it all. And I will take a pkb-device all day everyday, regardless of its shortcomings.

I just hope BlackBerry can lean towards Apple on its user interface and overall flow. Apple has really nailed it in that department

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:23 AM
    It depends on what you think lagging is. Sometimes in camera mode it may take a nanosecond longer to switch screens. My Note 4 is notoriously slow in this area.
    As for other apps, it's fine. I don't have any android stuff downloaded tho.
    03-14-15 03:19 AM
    Do as you wish but I don't have the same problem. Maybe a reload of the OS will help. Best of luck.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    I'm on att. Do you think the recent software update released would fix my issues ? I miss using my bb classic. I am not sure what to do to fix this problem.
    06-02-15 04:32 PM
    The calendar has apparently been fixed/improved on 10.3.2. I do agree to an extent in terms of the calendar "lag" as there are a few bugs with it on 10.3.1. I think I remember reading somewhere on Crackberry that it was a known issue.

Still, I don't consider it a huge deal. I'm sure that the iPhone is blazing fast on most things compared to the Classic, but honestly, from my everyday use, I don't encounter lag that's enough to bother me and it's fast enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    matador22 likes this.
    06-02-15 07:17 PM
    Yup lag, deal with it or get a glass slab.
    06-03-15 06:19 PM
    Yup lag, deal with it or get a glass slab.
    Even with the update?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 07:17 PM