I think it would be smart to release the BlackBerry Classic in two versions, one running BlackBerry 10 and another running Android. This would give enterprise customers very compelling options, especially if they already have invested in Android and don't want to further develop to ensure their "stuff" works in the BlackBerry 10 Android player.

While I personally would not want an Android phone at all, I think BlackBerry might be missing out on a lot of (corporate) money by not delivering the physical BlackBerry experience combined with the Android OS. I imagine some consumers would also be interested.

As for slab all touch BlackBerry phones running Android, what would be the point? HTC, Sony, and Nokia can't beat Samsung despite all three making fantastic hardware. No all touch BlackBerry running Android would out sell any of those companies phones. A better bet for BlackBerry in this area would a software partnership with Microsoft/ Nokia for including BBM (and other software) on their Android and Windows Phone devices.

Classic Bold / Q10 hardware and BBOS10 on all touch are what make BlackBerry unique in the market.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    05-30-14 12:03 PM
    i see no real reason since android runs best as a touch OS. BB10 will probably already run their Android app as it is with additional work. IOS is a much bigger enterprise market so they arent missing much at all by not having a full android device aimed at enterprise. Just my opinion of course
    05-30-14 12:10 PM
    Yeah, I just figured if they are going to dump the money into the classic to woo enterprise and legacy users, they may as well use the same hardware to run Android. That way they could say, "You don't want BlackBerry 10? Here, try it with Android", and perhaps save a sale.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    05-30-14 01:38 PM
    I just watched a lady on the bus struggling mightily to answer her Q10 phone (twice). The Q20 cannot come fast enough.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-30-14 02:15 PM
    A big HELL NO to BB working with Windows Phone. Have you used a Windows Phone? That OS stinks. Nothing is intuitive. If BB10 is gone I'd just go with Android. If they start loading WP8 on new BB devices, I'd also just go with Android...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-04-14 01:37 PM
    Not many enterprises have Android investments from what I hear. I Develop enterprise applications and all the talk for native development is all iOS and Windows Phone.
    06-04-14 01:53 PM
    A big HELL NO to BB working with Windows Phone. Have you used a Windows Phone? That OS stinks. Nothing is intuitive. If BB10 is gone I'd just go with Android. If they start loading WP8 on new BB devices, I'd also just go with Android...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    I agree that right now Windows needs work, but I could see that being a good partnership I theory. I was sorta hoping that Microsoft would buy BlackBerry instead of Nokia. Microsoft is well connected on the Enterprise front so I could see them working well together.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-04-14 05:12 PM
    What they need is a BB10 device and an Android by BlackBerry "business grade" tablet, with BlackBerry-built android apps and settings that augment the BB10 device (bridge + interactive screen mirroring (with touch screen control from tablet to the device), or at least the so called "blend"). It's not like they have a tablet of their own that they would be cannibalizing... and if it were to be solid and elegant otherwise (like the PlayBook was), since it has access to the Play Store, it would not suffer the same "lack of apps" fate. I would definitely buy an Android tablet designed and built by BlackBerry, especially if I knew it had been made with my BB10 device in mind.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:29 PM
    I don't think this is would work out very well - no point really.
    06-19-14 03:24 PM
    If BB10 v10.3 runs nearly all Android apps, why would they go to the effort of producing an Android phone?

That would be immensely confusing to customers and would look like a market retreat.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-19-14 03:32 PM
    As soon as BlackBerry installs an Android OS, enjoy Microsoft army of lawyers with patent infringement cases like they did with every other android manufacturer who now pay Microsoft a fee for every Android phone they sell.

So no, Android on BlackBerry will never happen unless it gets bought out by an American company.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:18 PM