I had to return to my Classic today due to some Passport issues, and I'm finding the Classic's camera to be both faster and able to produce cleaner, more well-processed photos. Colors in good light are more saturated (still natural), but also more well-separated, and generally cleaner. I'm just liking the output a whole lot more.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 12:35 AM
    Side by side I think the classics screen is more saturated. Classic photos do have a smoother more processed look when zoomed in. But I also have to retake a lot of photos because of blur probably my lack of camera skills or passports ois. I haven't compared on the pc. Front camera on the passport is better in low light

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:18 AM
    Side by side I think the classics screen is more saturated. Classic photos do have a smoother more processed look when zoomed in. But I also have to retake a lot of photos because of blur probably my lack of camera skills or passports ois. I haven't compared on the pc. Front camera on the passport is better in low light

Posted via CB10
    It could be the screen that is creating the saturation, but from the reports on cell phone screens that judge accuracy, the Classic is apparently one of the most color neutral and accurate screens on the market.

See, I hate processed looking photos. I like noise and grain if it means avoiding noise reduction, which makes photos look smeary. The Classic looks clean and sharp to me. I always thought the Q10 was a better camera than the Passport too, and indeed some forum posters thought the same at release.

Maybe the Classic camera is just easier and faster. Because I think at least that is undeniably true.

edit: you're right, the classic display has unnaturally highly saturated colors

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 04-10-16 at 05:04 PM.
    04-10-16 11:30 AM
    I have definitely had the same experiences as the OP when it comes to the Classic vs the Passport camera. I found the Passport took pictures that had too much of a cool blueish tint to them, as well as kind of grainy. The Classic, on the other hand, takes pictures that have more pleasing colour reproduction, better contrast and shadows, as well as being less grainy. The Classic is more convenient too as it is easier to just whip out and take a picture with. Often I found myself fumbling with the Passport with two hands that I would miss the picture-taking opportunity. I actually ended up returning my Passport Silver Edition and kept the Classic, specifically for ease of use, the better keyboard, and the better camera.

For those of you that have both the Classic and the Passport: try holding them side by side against each other and just focus on random things. You'll definitely notice a difference in what you see on each screen's viewfinder!
    kertong likes this.
    04-11-16 08:22 PM