I finally got my Classic back from repairs a few days ago, my second replacement and third Classic in total. Obviously I have pretty bad luck, because the new phone has serious calling problems.

Most of the time, I can't hear the caller. When he can hear me somehow, I can't hear him. A hardreset sometimes helps, sometimes not. Using a headset screws everything up again. Even with the headset, a normal conversation is not always possible, again either myself or the caller can't be heard. Removing the headset completely screw up the whole loudspeakers and mic: Music playback, notification sounds or even YouTube is silent. Firing up BBVE is a desaster: Virtually every test fails. No loudspeakers, mic not working, even plugging in the headset again doesn't help - no sound on headset either, mic on the headset is busted too.

So far I reloaded the software two times via BB Link - no luck. I performed three security wipes - no use. I also tried three different headsets (2x BlackBerry, 1 Samsung), again each time the same problem. Using the headset also has crackling sounds in the background if a sound (music, notification, etc.) is played.

My guess is I am out of luck and have to send that damn phone in again, forcing me again to wait five to six weeks at least till I get yet another replacement. But maybe one of you people have another idea how to fix this.
    08-14-15 04:14 AM
    My classic had a problem with the audio jack. Sent it back to T-Mobile and got it back within 10 days. I would definitely send it back. The new unit I got from TMO is imo much better than the previous one (the SD and SIM slots are aligned, much less light bleed etc.) good luck
    08-14-15 07:13 AM
    That's the point, this already is my third BlackBerry Classic. The original unit had to be sent in due to double-typing and cracking keys. The replacement arrived five weeks later, yet died after not even six days of use. The battery was faulty and since I can't change it myself, I had to send it in again.
    So after another nearly six weeks of servuce time, the second replacement arrived. The problem us descriped above.

It sucks you can't even contact or call BlackBerry Germany, you have to go through your retailer or carrier. Service times are slow as hell, my Q10 for example was gone for two months last year due to double-typing. But it seems there is no other choice.
    08-14-15 08:18 AM
    Bummer. I have not had any problems other than I find that I must hold the bottom of the phone away from my face on calls because my cheeks come into contact with the screen during conversation and I can wind up putting people on mute randomly.

I often use it on speaker for this reason.
    08-14-15 02:13 PM