Classic build quality-imageuploadedbycb-forums1431473822.798887.jpg
    Update. Holding up well....
    05-12-15 06:37 PM
    The bottom where the contacts for charging via a stand was surrounded by a plastic strip to prevent any short circuit.

Posted via CB10
    It was surrounded by plastic so the antenna would not have any interference like the iPhone 4 had at launch.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:12 PM
    Would be awesome to see some amazing cars with plastic or rubber all around them...
    Maybe you can start to make some, could sell well...

Posted via CB10
    They do make wraps for cars now. Very expensive though BUT you can cover the car (except the windscreen of course) and then tear it off if you don't like the effect.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:45 PM
    I think the Pontiac Fierro was all plastic in body too.
    05-12-15 07:55 PM
    Classic build quality-img_7408.jpg
    Classic build quality-img_7405.jpg
    I hope you can see the mysterious line on the top left corner of the phone due to Seidio case which I clean often. And a tiny chip on the Usb charge area which I had when I first bought and charged my Classic. It was better when i didn't use the case had no accidental chipping whatsoever. But then again never expect anything comes flawlessly made.

Posted via  the smooth BlackBerry Classic 
    05-12-15 10:36 PM
    I really want to buy a Classic but I've beat my 9900 to shred and even dropped it off a flight off stairs on a hard marble floor and the battery door flew out and the screen didn't even crack all I have is a slight dent in the bezel. I think if I did this with the Classic then the screen crack and the phone would fall apart.
    05-12-15 10:44 PM
    I really want to buy a Classic but I've beat my 9900 to shred and even dropped it off a flight off stairs on a hard marble floor and the battery door flew out and the screen didn't even crack all I have is a slight dent in the bezel. I think if I did this with the Classic then the screen crack and the phone would fall apart.
    My 9900 was indestructible. The classic is even heavier and feels durable as can be, but I too share your feeling that the screen would break.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:04 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1431473822.798887.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	352544
    Update. Holding up well....
    This pisses me off!!!! I'm mad about it like it makes the device look hideous +-

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    robert_in_la likes this.
    05-13-15 01:57 AM
    I just tuned into this conversation. The Classic beat down is brutal. What happened to this phone!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:31 PM
    I just tuned into this conversation. The Classic beat down is brutal. What happened to this phone!

Posted via CB10
    Normal wear in my pocket next to my iPhone 5s. Never been dropped (knock on wood). Got the phone in December. Both phones not cased.
    05-13-15 10:15 PM
    What else sucks is that Grand Master Chen stopped leaks and letting us get parts. I found screens for Passport and Classic but can't find ANYTHING else. Back in the day I would just change this out, now I can't. What if we get double typing? I can't change the keyboard out. Yes my Classic was made in China and feels like it too. Mine is peeling as well and I'm not happy

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:35 PM
    Normal wear in my pocket next to my iPhone 5s. Never been dropped (knock on wood). Got the phone in December. Both phones not cased.
    Very disappointing indeed. An all black frame like the Q10 had wouldn't show wear and tear like this.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:14 AM
    So, after trying 6 (!) different Classics I finally found one that's close to perfect. Well almost, because this one has about 5 dead pixels. I love it anyways and will keep it. But really: I had so many Smartphones and the Classic has the worst build quality I've ever seen on an phone! Why didn't BlackBerry keep making them in Mexiko instead of at Foxconn? ...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 05-26-15 at 01:18 AM.
    05-25-15 04:54 PM
    Blackberry devices are built very well even if some metal parts are now plastic. But to spend $700 on a phone and not protect it with a good case is foolish.
    05-25-15 06:31 PM
    My phone is still in mint condition. If you carry it in your pocket you must not have anything else in there, of course... as with any given phones.

 Instant Classic!
    05-25-15 09:06 PM
    I didn't know the frame was plastic until I started reading posts in this forum. I'm terrified to drop my phone now. A friend of mine has the AT&T Passport, which also has the same frame. Now I feel bad for telling him he didn't need to get a case.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    05-25-15 10:07 PM
    I didn't know the frame was plastic until I started reading posts in this forum. I'm terrified to drop my phone now. A friend of mine has the AT&T Passport, which also has the same frame. Now I feel bad for telling him he didn't need to get a case.

The only plastic part of the silver frame is the bottom piece (the part where the speaker/microphone is) otherwise it's metal.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:20 PM
    Does anyone know why the band of the Classic is different than the one on the 9900? Both are metal but the type of material feels different.

Is it the brushed metal? I can't pinpoint what the difference is as opposed to just feel.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:56 PM
    So, after trying 6 (!) different Classics I finally found one that's close to perfect. Well almost, because this one has about 5 dead pixels. I love it anyways and will keep it. But really: I had so many Smartphones and the Classic has the worst build quality I've ever seen on an phone! Why didn't BlackBerry keep making them in Mexiko instead of Foxconn? ...

Posted via CB10
    I've had 2, one unlocked, then swapped it for an AT&T one, and neither had any dead pixels... Either I got really lucky or you got really unlucky, or both, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-25-15 11:30 PM
    The only plastic part of the silver frame is the bottom piece (the part where the speaker/microphone is) otherwise it's metal.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, I see the separation now. Thanks.

05-26-15 12:32 AM
    I am using my classic from first day they released, till now I dont have any small scratch because I take care od my device

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:00 AM
146 ... 456