Hello!!

Wear days at the two blackberrys Classic Q10 and not just me decide. What you recommend me?
    I see the Classic does not have much more than the Q10 apart from the larger screen.
    You think that is worth spending twice the money for the classic that it is worth the Q10? Or I'll Q10 enough?
    I have now one Q5 and really fancy going but I'm running out of memory and item pictures do not just come out very Sharp
    (sorry for my English but I'm Spanish and do not dominate much )
    01-24-15 09:33 AM
    The choice is yours.......you either want a q10 or a new q10 with a larger keyboard, trackpad toolbelt and larger screen. Same internals. The price shouldn't be a factor when considering it's a BlackBerry. I'm certain the q30 will mesh what is missing in the q20. Better internals and removable battery

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-24-15 11:36 AM
    For me the larger screen is much more enjoyable. The Q10 was too small.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-24-15 11:38 AM
    I have the Q10 and bought the Classic. Been using the Classic for three weeks. The reviews I had found useful, prior to making my decision, was on Amazon. I paid close attention to purchasers who had the Q10.

I find that the keyboard on the Classic to be better. Closer to the Bold 9900 experience, which I adored.

I prefer the larger LCD screen on the classic.

I like the weight of the Classic vs the Q10. The phone feels beefy and gorgeous to look at.

I use some Android apps (banking app especially) and have found that is is smoother than my Q10 which had the 10.3.1 leak on it.

I like having the USB2GO feature on the Classic. Useful when I need to use the flash drive etc.

Overall, the Classic brought me closer to the nostalgia of owning the Bold 9900 with the goodies of OS10. So I do love it.

Posted via Classic
    01-24-15 11:41 AM
    LOL Your subject line gave me a chuckle. Did you mean a Barbeque 10 or a BB Q10? Sometimes a space can make a huge difference. Just kidding you.
    01-24-15 11:55 AM
    Mmmm...Nothing like some good ribs from Freddy"s BBQ.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    tado261 likes this.
    01-24-15 12:03 PM
    For a moment I thought I was on Yelp.

The Classic has a better and bigger screen and keyboard. I'll go with the classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-24-15 01:36 PM
    The Q is a great phone. But it is dated. I wouldn't get a new one of it to be honest.
    Last edited by Jeroen Vos; 01-24-15 at 03:31 PM.
    01-24-15 01:55 PM
    Classic... don't hesitate...

 Classic
    01-24-15 02:30 PM
    I would have said the Q10, but after having now bought the Classic, I prefer it for the larger screen, and more premium feel overall. However the Q10 is still a workhorse, and just a damn good phone overall.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2072)
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-24-15 02:39 PM
    Yup Classic,
    The trackpad!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 03:04 PM
    I moved from Q10 to Classic about 2 weeks ago. I had my Q10 for a year and a half. Was completely happy with it but kept having the text-lag issue and only way to deal with effectively was to switch. I would otherwise have kept the Q10... perfect phone for my needs.

But classic is great as well. It is bigger and bigger screen is helpful. Only complaint is keyboard doesn't seem as solid. Space bar makes audible click when used and does not have same feel of other keys. I am a BB user mainly because of the QWERTY keyboard so this is important to me. Will be stopping in at Phone dealer to see if this is typical or just a unique problem to the one I have.

All else being equal though, I would take the Classic over the Q10 if I were starting out. In many ways the same phone but Classic has bigger screen.
    01-24-15 05:02 PM
    Q10 more pocketable but smaller square screen Classic nicer bigger screen and bonus trackpad you cant go wrong go Q20 .
    01-25-15 07:55 AM
    I own my Q10 since May 2013 and still like it. I mainly switched to the Classic because I wanted that trackpad back and due to the fact the Classic has a LCD screen.

Both devices have their ups and downs, I still use my Q as a backup and just recently I used it almost a full day. The Q10 is much more pocketable and lightweight, the keyboard is less clicky and more silent.

The Classic has a larger screen which really helps IMHO, plus it is a LCD screen which means it is not only (much) brighter, but can also be dimmed down further in the dark. Also the keyboard on the Classic is nothing short but excellent! It has a quite impressive tactile feedback for such a small mobile device, the keys have a nice size and shape. It's more enjoyable to use than the, already very good, Q10 keyboard.
    In terms of battery my Classic lasts slightly longer, but it's nothing really worth to mention, unlike the Passport which really lasts longer. In terms of performance, both devices are identical.

Trackpad and toolbelt can be helpful, depending on your needs. I barely use the toolbelt, although I own my Classic since more than two weeks already. Most of the time I use it gesture based just like my Q10.
    The trackpad on the other hand comes handy quite often for precise text selection, browser cursor and especially easy and convenient one-hand use.

In the end it's up to you. Do you want to spend more money for a larger LCD screen and that toolbelt/trackpad combo, while also have a larger sized device.
    Or do you want to save money, choose a phone with the same hardware, yet end up with a smaller AMOLED screen and miss the toolbelt and trackpad.
    As already stated, both phones are good, I still like the Q10, but for my needs the Classic is simply better.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-25-15 09:19 AM
    LOL Your subject line gave me a chuckle. Did you mean a Barbeque 10 or a BB Q10? Sometimes a space can make a huge difference. Just kidding you.
    I think he need a wide spacebar. Go for Passport!

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-25-15 09:44 AM
    I have had Z10 and Q10 and am using Z30, but tried a classic yesterday in airport shop and it felt so much like my old Bold 9700 that I can't stop wondering if I should ditch my z30.
    01-25-15 12:06 PM
    Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:50 PM
    For those reading these post to decide whether to buy or not, try it for yourself first. Don't just take someone else's experience and think it will also be yours.
    I moved from a 9700 and I'm very pleased with this phone so far.
    01-25-15 02:22 PM
    The only reason I would go against the Q10 is because mine had random reboots. That got on my nerves. I would still be using it if it weren't for that.

The Classic is a bit of an upgrade because of the larger screen and toolbelt. The toolbelt is useful when selecting and editing text. It is especially useful when selecting things on a webpage. I also like the feel of a physical call and end button. The toolbelt isn't necessary on since the OS is gesture based, but it's nice to have.

If price is an issue just wait a few months for the price to go down. As for me, I think the $449 price was good. I think the Classic is more in the $399 range, but I was willing to pay the asking price.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:23 PM
    If you are in Canada price is 49.99 on a 2 year plan on Rogers.
    01-25-15 04:01 PM
    I would say Classic...screen alone is a big upgrade!

On Classic
    01-25-15 05:52 PM
    If you are in Canada price is 49.99 on a 2 year plan on Rogers.
    I'm waiting for it to go to $0!!!
    01-25-15 11:58 PM
    Personally, if you are coming from BlackBerry OS 7 and wanting to upgrade to a BlackBerry 10 device, I would definitely advise getting a Classic.

If you have already owned a BlackBerry 10 device, then you might find it quite awkward since people get used to using gestures and going back to a track pad may feel weird.

So there is no easy choice, it's totally based on personal preference. I would love a larger screen, but not willing to have that "utility" belt which would probably annoy me. Some may LOVE using the utility belt on the Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    01-26-15 07:22 AM
    Let me put it simple for you:

If you are buying on contract: Get the Classic
    If you are buying off contract: Get the Q10.

Q10 was designed to be a flagship phone at launch with $700 price tag now being sold for around $200 off contract.

The Classic was designed to be a $500 midranger, now being sold without any discounts because it is still new.

Even though the Q10 can be had for the half of the cost of a Classic, you get the advantages such as
    - Removable battery
    - Higher ppi display.
    - FM Radio tuner.
    - Better speaker.
    - Manufactured by BlackBerry as opposed to Foxcon

The Classic was supposed to be better than the Q10 in every aspect, especially at twice the cost.

The Classic is a step forward from the Q10, but not at double the cost of a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-26-15 01:16 PM
    Let me put it simple for you:

If you are buying on contract: Get the Classic
    If you are buying off contract: Get the Q10.

Q10 was designed to be a flagship phone at launch with $700 price tag now being sold for around $200 off contract.

The Classic was designed to be a $500 midranger, now being sold without any discounts because it is still new.

Even though the Q10 can be had for the half of the cost of a Classic, you get the advantages such as
    - Removable battery
    - Higher ppi display.
    - FM Radio tuner.
    - Better speaker.
    - Manufactured by BlackBerry as opposed to Foxcon

The Classic was supposed to be better than the Q10 in every aspect, especially at twice the cost.

The Classic is a step forward from the Q10, but not at double the cost of a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Would you say that the typing experience is much better on the Classic as opposed to the Q10

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-27-15 12:33 AM
28 12