Please post battery life results here.

Battery life is a huge issue for me so I am trying to decide if I should get a classic or a passport.

Posted via CB10
    ViaCassian and JesseBabe23 like this.
    12-17-14 10:16 PM
    So, I am wanting to compare actual battery life between the two, but this thread is really just about what type of battery life people actually get on the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:17 PM
    Please post battery life results here.

Battery life is a huge issue for me so I am trying to decide if I should get a classic or a passport.

Posted via CB10
    Big deal for me also, but it is what it is. I don't like the fixed battery and keyboard. I bought one on Amazon yesterday and a 2600mAh iFlash just in case.
    12-17-14 11:43 PM
    I think you can fairly say the Passport outlasts the Classic in common use situations. IMO the Classic only might stand a chance for hardcore users who virtually have their screens active and doing stuff all the time. Then the large screen sucks the large battery dry similar to the smaller screen sucking the smaller battery empty. However when being on standby, thus the screen is not active or taking a lot of phone calls, where the screen is also inactive, the Passport takes full advantage of those 3450mAH immediately.

I absolutely don't want to criticise the Classic's battery, but I simply think it can't really beat the Passport, maybe not even the Z30. It should still be slightly ahead of the Q10, which usually got me reliable through busy days. But like Bla1ze reviewed, it was ready for the charger at the end of the day. The Passport keeps going and is either ready for a busy night or ready for a not so busy tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and JesseBabe23 like this.
    12-18-14 12:14 AM
    between the battery, the specs and the fact that the passport is now available from amazon for a similar price as the as a Classic, I think I will hold off for now. I think I may get a used Passport and if it's too big, I resell it without losing much.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:06 AM
    between the battery, the specs and the fact that the passport is now available from amazon for a similar price as the as a Classic, I think I will hold off for now. I think I may get a used Passport and if it's too big, I resell it without losing much.

Posted via CB10
    I think you have 30 days to return this on Amazon
    12-18-14 02:20 PM
    Bought a passport used.

I think I am going to love it and hate it. Just depending on what I am doing.
    One hand typing will probably be the worst part.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:49 PM
    Here's my first day usage out the box.

The Classic Battery Thread-img_20141219_215533.png

I put it on the charger around 25% after I verified my settings were good for battery mode. Charged up to 37% before I saw this post and posted my results.

Posted via CB10
    zmsox and Chrisy like this.
    12-19-14 11:56 PM
    To be honest - by now i am somehow dissapointed with the battery life. It lasts only about a day - and i just did take some pics, answered some whatsapp-messages and received some mails, checked facebook bout 5 tims and phoned for about 2 hours.

I exptected more!

by the way: what if i want to replace the battery myself someday? Is there a way of opening this unit? there must be, even if not obvious...
    12-20-14 05:48 AM
    Iam holding the classic now for two days with low usage :

Today is lost 32 percent of battery of doing surfing some sites (20 minutes), writing some whatsapp messages and 20 minutes bluetooth connected to my car with playing music.

Iam not happy with this battery.
    Same usage on my passport needs only 10 percent battery.

On hardware monitor - cpu - is see that cpu is pending between 18 and 30 percent cpu usage.

I do not know what's going here.
    There no special apps installed.

Or needs the classic more time to get the full power of battery?

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and Bfalcon1 like this.
    12-20-14 05:54 AM
    To be honest - by now i am somehow dissapointed with the battery life. It lasts only about a day - and i just did take some pics, answered some whatsapp-messages and received some mails, checked facebook bout 5 tims and phoned for about 2 hours.

I exptected more!

by the way: what if i want to replace the battery myself someday? Is there a way of opening this unit? there must be, even if not obvious...
    "Only" lasts a day? Do you wait multiple days before you recharge? You know while you're sleeping to recharge, your phone can do the same right? I would have liked a larger battery as well, but if it lasts me a complete day I'd be happy.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-20-14 11:58 AM
    A full day is what I need. But I want a really long day with out a charge if possible

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:06 PM
    Ok, so at least now I know I will stick to my Bold 9700 for at least 2 more years.
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    12-20-14 01:06 PM
    My requirements for a phone without a removable battery are the ability to get through a long day at work, go to a baseball or basketball game at night be able to plug it into the car before it dies when I am on my way home.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, elgolfman and Chrisy like this.
    12-20-14 01:09 PM
    I'm also a bit concerned about the battery life. I will monitor it for the next few days. Hopefully it just needs a breaking in period.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:29 PM
    Lol. I have been on an iPhone for the last 3+ years. Guys, I can tell you right now that if you want a dual core CPU, a higher resolution screen and web browser that works and other useful features that you're going to have to recharge.

The days of plug it every few days only worked when all you did was SMS and a few emails because the devices were so limited.

You're holding a computer in your hands, it's going to need power.

It's easy to make it last longer. Don't use the web browser or any apps. Try to be only on wifi and not cellular for your data transfers, then you will get all day battery life no problem.
    12-20-14 10:41 PM
    I plugged it from from power today at 8am.
    Now 2,5 hours later with only 10 minutes of use: 83 percent left.

What needs in 2,5 hours with nothing on doing on device so much power???

Iam toally unhappy with battery device!
    There is an 2500 mha battery inside.

So it must hold up 1 day with a normal use!

My passport needs only 2 - 3 percent battery in no use.

I wiped my classic last night and reconfigured it.
    But it seems that this will not help

Any ideas???

Iam thinking to sent it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:37 AM
    I plugged it from from power today at 8am.
    Now 2,5 hours later with only 10 minutes of use: 83 percent left.

What needs in 2,5 hours with nothing on doing on device so much power???

Iam toally unhappy with battery device!
    There is an 2500 mha battery inside.

So it must hold up 1 day with a normal use!

My passport needs only 2 - 3 percent battery in no use.

I wiped my classic last night and reconfigured it.
    But it seems that this will not help

Any ideas???

Iam thinking to sent it back.

Posted via CB10
    It seems we go through this with every new device, and the answer is usually just a matter of waiting. For whatever reason, the first week with a new device is usually marked by relatively poor battery life.

Wait at least 5 days from the date that you reinstalled the OS, and let us know then what you are getting for battery life. Bonus points if you include screenshots of your device monitor!

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    AmritD and kitmo like this.
    12-21-14 04:22 AM
    1155 radio is pathetic and is also causing drain in my q10 having 10.3.1.1154 installed .

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:17 AM
    To me, it just doesn't add up. I know it is smaller than a z10 screen but the other internals are mostly the same.

The battery is not even 50% larger so I would expect good but certainly not great battery life.

Since the removable battery has been dropped, then it really needs to have excellent battery life to compensate.

Both the passport and z30 do. Not as sure about the classic, though I think only heavy users would have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:51 PM
    I would simply ask for someone who is using a Classic, and doesn't have either of Skype or Facebook installed and is using only 3G/2G in mobile data config to give me a s/shot of a battery drain from charge to 20%.
    Then I will have a good idea.

Fingers->Q10->CB10->Your Eyes.
    12-21-14 02:10 PM
    After reading this thread about the battery of the classic makes me love even more my Z30

Classic not for me......

From My Sexy Z30...
    Last edited by Naeg1995; 12-23-14 at 03:26 AM.
    kolok likes this.
    12-21-14 02:35 PM
    Z30 is much better on Battery life. So iam wondering about the classic battery life, because small screen, normal cpu and big battery of 2500.

So normally such a device should beat a q10 / z30.
    But not on my side.

My passport is much better.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:39 PM
    Smh...

Ok, it's possible that some people have a lemon, but here's what I know: Every single time I have used a new OS for the first time, the battery life ranges between just OK to horrid. The device is synching with all of your accounts and such. If you give it a few days, battery life should improve dramatically. The only time I loaded a new OS version on my Z30 and didn't have abysmal battery life for the first 2 days was when I did 10.3.1. And even then, it took a few days before the battery lasted longer than it did with 10.2.1. Within a week, battery life improved in every single case, and I've used 5 or 6 different OS versions. The second 10.2.1 killed my Z30 battery in 5 hours the first day. The next day saw about 8 hours, the day after that it lasted from 7AM to midnight no problem.

Seriously, give it a week before making judgments about battery life.

From a Z30
    Last edited by Xenolock; 12-22-14 at 10:04 AM.
    Alain_A, kitmo and BCLoco like this.
    12-21-14 03:53 PM
    Smh...

Ok, it's possible that some people have a lemon, but here's what I know: Every single time I have used a new OS for the first time, the battery life ranges between just OK to horrid. The device is synching with all of your accounts and such. If you give it a few days, battery life should improve dramatically. The only time I loaded a new OS version on my Z30 and didn't have abysmal battery life for the first 2 days was when I did 10.3.1. And even then, it took a few days before the battery lasted longer than it did with 10.2.1. Within a week, battery life improved in every single case, and I've used 5 or 6 different OS versions. The first 10.2.1 killed my Z30 battery in 5 hours the first day. The next day saw about 8 hours, the day after that it lasted from 7AM to midnight no problem.

Seriously, give it a week before making judgments about battery life.

From a Z30
    Absolutely.

The battery may still be found to be lacking once the OS has settled down, but we won't have real numbers until December 24th, at the earliest.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    12-21-14 06:32 PM
86 123 ...