Having very much enjoyed my Q10 for 2 years, I recently bought a new blue Classic.

The battery of the Q10 was getting noticeably worse, usually scraping 20% by the end of the day with only mild or moderate use, & with mobile signal off and only wifi on during work hours. I also had trouble with it restarting itself with any small knock, but remedied by the typical paper wedged behind the battery to keep it pressed against the contacts.

So I am disappointed to find the new Classic has about the same battery life as my old phone! Today I had them running identical apps (only Remember, Device Monitor and RSS Savvy) and left them alone on my desk untouched for the morning. By lunch time they were both below 70%. After virtually no use! I think this is bad... and that the Classic has supposedly greater battery capacity.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? I do remember the Q10 battery life being quite disappointing in its first week or so but then the battery seemed to improve. Do you think the batteries get better after first days/weeks? Should I send it back and ask for replacement? Or stick with it and see how it goes?

Besides that it has an irritating creaky space bar...

Grateful for any advice guys.

Sent from my Classic with 27% battery left after hardly touching it all day :'(

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    06-23-16 05:56 PM
    So sorry to hear that. My Classic has much better battery life and overnight 8 hrs is only at 80% where my Q10 would be at 50%
    06-23-16 07:00 PM
    I did a test on my Q10 and Classic a few months back (results reported in Crackberry thread). Both had the same multiple apps open and identical settings (including leaving the screens on as often and as long as possible). The test ran for about 10 hours and in the end, the Classic won by 3%.

I thought that the Classic would have won by at least 15% or more. This told me that the Q not only has a pretty strong battery, but the fact that it has a replaceable battery gives the advantage to the Q - at least as far as power is concerned.

I switch between my Q and Classic a couple times a week. I rarely look at the battery indicator on the Q because I know I can change to a fully charged battery within a couple minutes. On the other hand, when I use the Classic, I do look at the battery indicator more often.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 07:23 PM
    I am a light user and get between 2 or 3 days usage on my Classic. I use to plug my 9810 every night.
    06-23-16 07:36 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sounds variable in performance.

Today I'm using my Q10 again and must admit I still really like this cute little phone. I must admit I'm not missing the toolbelt as much as I thought I was. Classic is nice, but not yet in love with it, esp with these issues. Thinking about returning it and maybe buy again later on, could just be bad luck with this unit.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 10:11 AM
    My classic seems to get ridiculously hot and the battery only lasts 2 hours with no usage. The only apps I have running in the background are call notes and recall- both of which were obtained from Blackberry world. It's rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 04:51 PM
    Classic's battery lasts 2 days with normal use for me

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 04:55 PM
    My Classic gets excellent battery life... Under normal circumstances ( a strong, stable network signal or when on WiFi) I get nearly 24hours with pretty heavy usage... When at work with an awful signal (at work I have no signal, constantly "searching..." and my work is also hard-wire only, no wifi) I get through my work day while searching and then heavy use when on break and make it usually 12-18hours no issue... My Q10 was not as kind to me under the same conditions...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-24-16 at 07:54 PM.
    06-24-16 05:29 PM
    My classic seems to get ridiculously hot and the battery only lasts 2 hours with no usage. The only apps I have running in the background are call notes and recall- both of which were obtained from Blackberry world. It's rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    That seems awfully bad.
    Go to your device monitor. Take two screenshots. One of your chart, and the second screenshot to show what applications are draining your battery so badly.

Upload those photos here.

Also, have you changed any of your settings for your device encryption?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 07:12 PM
    10 - 12 hours on data and 2 days with data off.

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-26-16 09:43 PM
    i have my classic from 3 days now and i have noticed that bedside mode is draining to much of battery (~33% over night).I tought that bedside mode (its on the holster also,so screen off,no fancy red clock) will save it.
    06-27-16 01:51 AM
    It's just a new phone. You'll notice the battery life will be better after days of using the phone.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    06-27-16 09:16 AM
    I would suggest taking back for a replacement. The reason I say this is because of the "squeaky keyboard" that you mentioned.

Admittedly, the Q10 is a great device, but don't right off the Classic yet. I believe you may have got a bad stock, it happens.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-27-16 12:40 PM
    I believe that too. Better get a replacement. Mine works just fine. Battery last for a day. Unless you have too many android apps, or whatsapp group, emails, etc. That would definitely consume more juice. And if it's still recent, maybe the phone is still syncing. I know mine took about 5 days before it settled down.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-27-16 09:51 PM
    So far mine last about 16 hours with still over 20% left with medium use. (email, browsing, and a few financial(android) apps that run in the background).

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 11:16 AM
    That seems awfully bad.
    Go to your device monitor. Take two screenshots. One of your chart, and the second screenshot to show what applications are draining your battery so badly.

Upload those photos here.

Also, have you changed any of your settings for your device encryption?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the delay- had to travel for work.

It seems to be the system which is draining my battery. Not sure why this has suddenly started to happen. I've not changed any of the settings for encryption. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

Classic battery life-img_20160626_205426.png
    Classic battery life-img_20160627_085838.png

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:37 PM
    Sorry for the delay- had to travel for work.

It seems to be the system which is draining my battery. Not sure why this has suddenly started to happen. I've not changed any of the settings for encryption. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160626_205426.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	403535
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160627_085838.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	403536

Posted via CB10
    And what version of the operating system are you running?
    Type myver.

And when is the last time you've done a hard boot on the device? (pushing both the volume up and volume down buttons for ~20 seconds, then releasing them)

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 11:03 PM
    And what version of the operating system are you running?
    Type myver.

And when is the last time you've done a hard boot on the device? (pushing both the volume up and volume down buttons for ~20 seconds, then releasing them)

Posted via CB10
    Hi undefinederror,

I am running version 10.3.2.2836.

I seem to be trying hard boots constantly without any improvements, with the last one 2 days ago. I've even tried a security wipe to reset the device in case there is an app i've installed that is causing the battery to overheat. Nothing seems to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 02:25 AM
    Hi undefinederror,

I am running version 10.3.2.2836.

I seem to be trying hard boots constantly without any improvements, with the last one 2 days ago. I've even tried a security wipe to reset the device in case there is an app i've installed that is causing the battery to overheat. Nothing seems to work.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, well i'd try resetting the phone to factory defaults by plugging it into BlackBerry Link. Or if you'd prefer to use an autoloader, you can reset it that way too.
    If you choose the autoloader, then you have the freedom to choose an OS version of your preference.
    I'm on10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:18 AM
    My classic lasts over 2 days before I have to charge it, but I don't do anything more intensive than the browser.
    07-06-16 04:05 PM
    if it was sold as new I suspect it has a defective battery.
    07-07-16 03:59 AM
    Ok, well i'd try resetting the phone to factory defaults by plugging it into BlackBerry Link. Or if you'd prefer to use an autoloader, you can reset it that way too.
    If you choose the autoloader, then you have the freedom to choose an OS version of your preference.
    I'm on10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    I reset the phone to factory default and that seems to have done the trick. The battery lasted all day yesterday, although admittedly with next to no usage- but even that would not have been possible pre-reset. Thank you so much for your help undefinederror!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:19 AM
    Classic battery life-img_20160708_103648.png

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2888
    07-08-16 02:37 AM