I am writing this thread in order to express my disappointment on the performance and reliability of my BlackBerry classic which I love so much! I am so frustrated with it as it affects my work as well! Firstly I would like to say that this phone restarts automatically whenever without any notifications! This is a major issue for me because clients are calling me and the phone is shut down! This gets very often. Secondly, the reception of this phone is so bad, it cannot be compared with my previous phone iphone s5. Also, the battery life, can you imagine that my iphone's used to last longer, because I am not an app person. Furthermore, the performance is so bad and so slow slow slow, I hate that! The only thing it made me love this phone is the work management, keyboard, hub, calendars, tasks, emails and phone calls when it is on of course! Any comments on my views?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 10:29 AM
    Does you phone also get hot? I'm wondering if you got one that has a bad battery.

Which carrier do you use and which model of the Classic do you have?
    07-28-16 12:11 PM
    I've had my phone turn off on my twice. Both times I had it upside down in my chest pocket, and that was holding he power button down. Now that I have a case, the power button cannot be accessed so easily, and the issue is solved.

I can not say i've experienced any of your other issues though. So I don't have a fix

Is your battery saving mode on? I know that severely limits the processor, making the phone much slower.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 12:44 PM
    Thanks guys for your input. My phone gets hot when charging only. Where can I see which model I have?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 12:56 PM
    I see the following possibilities:

1. If you are using Android apps they will eat battery quickly - I use Kobo and it uses a great deal of battery
    2. If I am ON a call I have to be careful to hold the bottom of the phone AWAY from my mouth, because my cheek will hit the touch screen and mute or hang up the call. Although this doesn't sound like exactly your issue, it has been a problem for me.
    3. Regarding the lagginess - that might be due to having Android apps going

It may well be that you have a battery problem or other hardware issue with the phone. I would strongly recommend that you attempt to get it serviced / fixed.
    07-28-16 12:58 PM
    Thanks guys for your input. My phone gets hot when charging only. Where can I see which model I have?

Posted via CB10
    Settings,
    About

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 01:02 PM
    Get a new SIM card
    07-28-16 01:09 PM
    I am writing this thread in order to express my disappointment on the performance and reliability of my BlackBerry classic which I love so much! I am so frustrated with it as it affects my work as well! Firstly I would like to say that this phone restarts automatically whenever without any notifications! This is a major issue for me because clients are calling me and the phone is shut down! This gets very often. Secondly, the reception of this phone is so bad, it cannot be compared with my previous phone iphone s5. Also, the battery life, can you imagine that my iphone's used to last longer, because I am not an app person. Furthermore, the performance is so bad and so slow slow slow, I hate that! The only thing it made me love this phone is the work management, keyboard, hub, calendars, tasks, emails and phone calls when it is on of course! Any comments on my views?

Posted via CB10
    RE the phone cutting out - have you tried using the wired or wire free headsets? I find that by using the headsets I get very clear phone communication. Anyway, just a thought .......
    07-29-16 07:59 PM
    Altought my classic doesen't have the restarting problem,at least untill today,i must confirm that the reception is way to weak,and gues what,my former work phone was a BB 9780 witch i still love it today,it has a superior signal, speaker and everything regarding this.Have in mind that i did compared this two devices in the same locations ,same kind of jobs and same routes when i go outside,the classic lost carrier signal very often in places where BB9780 never did.
    If if they(BB/RIM) would have let me use the 9780 without forced me to buy BIS or BES ,i would have used today,only if let me to have email and simple things,don't care about games @****,i do have a PC for that.
    07-30-16 04:26 AM
    If if they(BB/RIM) would have let me use the 9780 without forced me to buy BIS or BES ,i would have used today,only if let me to have email and simple things,don't care about games @****,i do have a PC for that.
    Do you really have to have BES set up to use a 9780?
    What's preventing you from walking into a carriers store, buying a SIM card, and telling the clerk you'd like to switch phones on your account?
    I'm fairly certain I could fire up my 9700 and use that right away.
    I'm pretty sure I could fire up my LG shine and start using that again too :P

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:20 PM
    i have allready a vodafone contract with internet and everything,and yes,you cannot use properly a BB OS device without BIS and don't tell me about cobalt's tips and tricks it is not the same thing...
    07-30-16 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    tsss im so sad to tell you that there is no concrete answer to this issue. I had the same issue before it restarts without notification. when it reboots my classic suddenly looses signal then ask for my sim password. I tried researching for possible answer but to no avail

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 04:02 AM