Did he not have the classic in his hand during his final appearance?
    09-24-14 10:41 AM
    Did you not hear what he said at the end? He showed the classic and said this is coming in few months.. and the audience gave no reaction lol.. tough crowd

Check out my new channel, Game logic : C0033A1A3
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-24-14 10:44 AM
    Did you not hear what he said at the end? He showed the classic and said this is coming in few months.. and the audience gave no reaction lol.. tough crowd

Aaaah had it on mute, and didn't see anything in the live blog
    09-24-14 10:54 AM

It's **** like this that why blackberry keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

I would have been ok waiting for 2 more months and getting passport, classic, blend, 10.3 and 10.3.1 for legacy devices. Rather then get this tease of a presentation geared towards a crowd of new professional consumers who have given up on blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-24-14 11:02 AM
    I hope "coming months" doesn't mean early 2015. September is almost over an we're in October next week. Classic was expected sometime November, so they should within the next eight weeks.

Maybe they're just busy with getting the trackpad illumination right!

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-24-14 11:05 AM

Touch crowd? Horrible act.
    He must be getting old, doesn't he remember showing us the classic already? Lol. He spoke as if this was some super secret device and it was the first time anybody would officially get a glimpse of it. Obviously he forgot that he not only showed us the classic but he advertised it months ago alongside the passport.

*Breaking news*
    The classic isn't news.
    09-24-14 11:12 AM
    The Classic was shown at the end by Mr Chen and what a tease it was!!!

I am sure many people like me would have squirmed in their seats while watching him walking off the stage without saying anything more about it.
    Miles of expletives later, I just had a wide grin ear to ear. I cant wait for this thing to come out.

As I have seen in the leaked videos and reports, there are still some rough edges on how that trackpad and cursor is smoothly integrated into the BB10. I would wait a 'few months' for it to be ironed out and we get a fully finished product ASAP.

And believe me, the trackpad does light up if you havent noticed yet.

And yes, he was reminding us that "Dont forget, we still have the promised classic coming soon"
    09-24-14 11:13 AM
    I haven't watched the event unfortunatly, my connection sucks right now and it won't get better before late of next week, lol. I wish I could've seen this myself. My excitement over the Passport, I was almost ready and insane enough to place a EUR649 order, is slowly cooling down and I am again looking forward to the Classic. I agree with you, there still seems quite some work to be done before the trackpad can be used at full functionality. I'd still like to see a cursor mode in the browser or some have an insight look at how text selection works.

merli001 likes this.
    09-24-14 11:30 AM
    Missed it..... due to lame a-s-s working lol,

Anyone got a link to the entire video? why is chen soooo hush hush about the classic? is it really a sh!!ty phone in his eyes looking for a quick/cheap sale?

I think next in line is the BlackBerry Visa no doubt or a Z4 Z50 etc, they need to be like Samsung and make 4 or 5 phones in a year.

Samsung have the biggest record at the moment for making as many phones in a year.

if only BlackBerry could Release like 4 or 5 in a year, it would be nice.
    09-24-14 07:50 PM
    That makes me nervous. If the plan is a couple of months, it will probably-realistically-be January. I am so tired of double typing and my weird battery hot issue that I have going on with my Q10.
    I WANT A NEW PHONE!!!
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-24-14 08:44 PM
    I haven't watched the event unfortunatly, my connection sucks right now and it won't get better before late of next week.

Offtopic: I currently have a 1mb line (100kbps DL) so I was only able to listen to the live event (no video) so don't complain about slow internet, ill put money down that no one has slower internet than me lol.

Ontopic: After my cousin sending me a photo of her holding a brand new Passport. To me even though I'm literally drooling to have one, I think I'm more suited to the "Classic" has the same form factor as my Q5 and I like the 4 row keyboard. But that being said, if I was given a Passport for around $300 I would definatly take it then.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-25-14 12:23 AM