When I first got my Classic, I compared my cell service to my iPhone. I would be on calls with both of them at same time as I went to "drop-off" areas. I'm with Verizon and they do have the best coverage where I live and travel. I was so excited as I could talk farther into the "drop areas" on my Classic than I could on my iPhone 6. Now this has been in the last 3 months or so. Today as I was coming home, I dropped a call in a spot where I used to drop calls on any phone before I got 4G. After I got the iPhone 6 with 4G I never dropped any more calls in this spot.

I got the Classic and all was well as I had the same great cell coverage. Well, at least for a while. All of a sudden, I noticed the Classic started dropping out like the old service before I had upgraded to the iPhone 6. I would lose calls in the exact locations as before the iPhone 6. (I travel the same road 6 days a week.) I thought it was my Classic. I thought it was a setting. THAT Classic had to be returned and I got a replacement Classic this week. Well, it drops calls just like the first Classic in the exact same locations.

Coming home from Church today, I called my wife (we drive 2 separate cars as I get to church at 7am) to verify the "drop" area and sure enough...I disconnect at that spot. She was behind my about 2 miles so I told her to call me when she got to the same area on her iPhone 6. She called and drove ALL the way through where I drop twice without any disconnect.

Do you have an opinion as to what has happened? If you read my posts, you know I am not a BB Basher. I love BB! Do you think Verizon could do something to help my signal?
    06-26-16 02:39 PM
    Seems more a Verizon issue than anything else. Tell Verizon and keep telling them that it drops off in that area every time you talk to them, eventually, they might amp up that area a bit.
    06-26-16 02:53 PM
    ok, I'll start calling...
    06-26-16 05:25 PM
    Carriers are constantly making upgrades and changes which is probably the reason for the issues you are having.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:41 PM
    Well, I finally got it figured out. The Classic does not have "HD Calling". The iPhone 6 and later Samsungs have this advanced calling feature. "HD Calling" helps smooth out the cell signal as you move between carriers in rural areas. The iPhone 5 did not have this feature. The Verizon guy checked it out and was fantastic. I've gotten tremendous customer service with Verizon on my last 2 trouble calls.
    06-27-16 03:35 PM
    Well, I finally got it figured out. The Classic does not have "HD Calling". The iPhone 6 and later Samsungs have this advanced calling feature. "HD Calling" helps smooth out the cell signal as you move between carriers in rural areas. The iPhone 5 did not have this feature. The Verizon guy checked it out and was fantastic. I've gotten tremendous customer service with Verizon on my last 2 trouble calls.
    Pretty sure this is NOT correct. I believe the Z10, Z30, Q10, Classic, Passports and the Leap are all capable of HD Voice Support. Someone, hopefully, will correct me if I am wrong. Also, the iPhone 5 is capable of this.
    06-27-16 04:33 PM
    Pretty sure this is NOT correct. I believe the Z10, Z30, Q10, Classic, Passports and the Leap are all capable of HD Voice Support. Someone, hopefully, will correct me if I am wrong. Also, the iPhone 5 is capable of this.
    Perhaps on a hardware basis. Verizon has to enable it from their side on specific models. Perhaps one day that will change but HD Voice is still in its infancy.
    06-27-16 04:49 PM
    Perhaps on a hardware basis. Verizon has to enable it from their side on specific models. Perhaps one day that will change but HD Voice is still in its infancy.
    Exactly, the carriers must implement the feature but all these bb10 devices have the capability including the Q5 which I forgot to mention.
    06-27-16 06:31 PM
    So do I have any recourse? It's not like they can activate my individual phone, right? I guess I'll make another call tomorrow with this information. Maybe I'll get a different answer....
    06-27-16 08:36 PM
    So do I have any recourse? It's not like they can activate my individual phone, right? I guess I'll make another call tomorrow with this information. Maybe I'll get a different answer....
    Not for HD Voice. Verizon did enable for it for some older phones such as the LG G2 but that was because it was one of the few initial testing models along with Samsung S5 and Iphones.
    06-27-16 08:47 PM