I intend to buy my first ever bb device, but i keep having second thoughts. I'm dwelling between the Classic and the Q10. One of the main reasons why i'm more keen towards the Classic are the mechanic buttons which the Q10 lacks. On the other hand i can't seem to find any info if the Classic has aluminum body like the Q10. If there is anyone who can confirm this and point out which one is better for a first time user, i would be forever grateful. Thank you.
    10-01-15 09:37 AM
    The q10 is plastic. The classic is stainless steel.
    The better phone is the classic. It's improved all around and is much more premium feeling.
    10-01-15 09:56 AM
    Dont agree with the much more premium feeling. The q10 is a lovely phone. The Bigger screen, trackpad en buttons are amazing, Hence why id go for the classic

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:18 AM
    Definitely the classic!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:21 AM
    Q10 is awesome, had 3 at one time but like the Passport way better

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    10-01-15 10:27 AM
    My wife just transitioned from a Curve to the Classic and one of the reasons she's loves her new phone is it brought "back" the physical track ball. Anyway, she nuts about it and thought the Passport was too big.
    10-01-15 10:37 AM
    The classic! You will love the trackpad and the toolbelt, it's a fantastic phone!

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    10-01-15 11:47 AM
    both the classic and passport are great phones ................I think it all comes down to what screen size
    10-01-15 12:12 PM
    IMO the classic is the best all around device that BlackBerry is offering right now. We have the following BlackBerry 10 devices in the house. Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport and the Classic. The Q10, Passport and Classic are mine and I haven't used my Passport since I got the Classic.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    10-01-15 12:56 PM
    The better phone is the classic. It's improved all around and is much more premium feeling.
    Wrong. The Q10 and Classic are both stainless.

I don't get people. No offense, and you're not the only one, but why is it required to be a certain color for you to realize this? You can feel the difference. The Q10's frame/bezel is milled from a block of forged stainless steel. Actually better quality than the Classic's although the Classic's bezel is nice too. Have you guys ever heard of a finish??? You don't need to leave all metal bare you know. The Q10 had a black finish put on top of its SS bezel/frame...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-01-15 01:03 PM
    I just got a classic and do like it over the Q10.... BUT.... you really don't NEED the buttons... os10 is fine without them...

the classic does feel more rigid...

there's a "back" bar on many apps that is redundant when you have a physical back button... this redundancy is taking away some of the screen real estate which almost negates having a slightly bigger screen....

the main deciding factor would be, how pocketable do you need your device to be? if you're going for something as small as possible, then it's the Q10....
    10-01-15 01:03 PM
    I intend to buy my first ever bb device, but i keep having second thoughts. I'm dwelling between the Classic and the Q10. One of the main reasons why i'm more keen towards the Classic are the mechanic buttons which the Q10 lacks. On the other hand i can't seem to find any info if the Classic has aluminum body like the Q10. If there is anyone who can confirm this and point out which one is better for a first time user, i would be forever grateful. Thank you.
    If it's between the Q10 and Classic, I will go with the Classic for the reasons you've stated. Both the Q10 and Classic has a stainless steel bezel (not aluminum), but I believe the Q10's is slightly better quality, milled from a block of forged stainless rather than stamped which I think the Classic is. But either way, yes, it's actual metal, which makes it nicer than 90% of the phones out there. The only exception is the chin piece. In almost all of their phones, Q10 and Classic included, the bottom section of the bezel is plastic. Has to do with the phone's antenna. So sometimes you might see the bottom part chipping away to show that it's plastic, but it's not all the way around.

10-01-15 01:06 PM
    I just got a classic and do like it over the Q10.... BUT.... you really don't NEED the buttons... os10 is fine without them...

the classic does feel more rigid...

there's a "back" bar on many apps that is redundant when you have a physical back button... this redundancy is taking away some of the screen real estate which almost negates having a slightly bigger screen....

the main deciding factor would be, how pocketable do you need your device to be? if you're going for something as small as possible, then it's the Q10....
    Disagree. Having used the Q10 for almost 2 years and then going to the Classic, redundant or not, physical buttons are easier to find and press without needing to consciously think or look at the device. Makes navigation more intuitive and you actually notice the on-screen controls less since you're not required to use them, so your mind ignores them. Kind of like how your mind makes your nose disappear even though it's actually always within view...

10-01-15 01:08 PM
    Disagree. Having used the Q10 for almost 2 years and then going to the Classic, redundant or not, physical buttons are easier to find and press without needing to consciously think or look at the device. Makes navigation more intuitive and you actually notice the on-screen controls less since you're not required to use them, so your mind ignores them. Kind of like how your mind makes your nose disappear even though it's actually always within view...

BlackBerry os10 does not NEED physical buttons... if that were true, then the Q10 and all touch screens would not be able to work... but they do....

what you're saying is that you PREFER the buttons....
    10-01-15 01:17 PM
    BlackBerry os10 does not NEED physical buttons... if that were true, then the Q10 and all touch screens would not be able to work... but they do....

what you're saying is that you PREFER the buttons....
    Um, ok, where did I say otherwise? It makes navigation easier, I never said it makes it possible as if it wasn't possible before. I don't know about you, but I prefer an easier experience than simply an adequate experience...

10-01-15 02:06 PM
    Um, ok, where did I say otherwise? It makes navigation easier, I never said it makes it possible as if it wasn't possible before. I don't know about you, but I prefer an easier experience than simply an adequate experience...

when you said "disagree"

it's just a forum man... seems like you take things so damn offensively...

moving on now....
    illlya likes this.
    10-01-15 03:24 PM
    when you said "disagree"

it's just a forum man... seems like you take things so damn offensively...

moving on now....
    Wow, you sure do look way too deeply into things from very little. You got all of that because I said "disagreed?" LOL

10-01-15 09:48 PM
    The Classic is a lot better than the Q10.

I had the Q10 too, and I love the Classic a lot more. It's a great size and has a better keyboard, and the trackpad and the toolbelt are welcome.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and Xenolock like this.
    10-01-15 10:07 PM
    The Q10 chassis is also stainless steel, I believe, but they chose to blacken it for whatever reason on the black version. If you look at the white version, it is a stainless steel chassis.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-02-15 07:51 AM
    The Q10 chassis is also stainless steel, I believe, but they chose to blacken it for whatever reason on the black version. If you look at the white version, it is a stainless steel chassis.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    Yep, it has a black finish on it on the black version, the while one is left bare. I have the black one, bought the bare frame for the white one and swapped mine out so my Q10 has the bare stainless look like the older phones and my Classic, lol.

10-02-15 09:22 AM
    MISINFORMATION : The Q10 has a stainless steel band frame.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 12:10 PM
    I just replaced my wife's q10 with a Classic. As others have said, it is all around a better device. The only ''drawbacks'' are that it is only the same in some areas like CPU but even then, it's the same, not worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:09 PM
    MISINFORMATION : The Q10 has a stainless steel band frame.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, what I was thinking. Not plastic at all, the back is a glass weave or something like that. I think the two are of equal build quality. The back is different so personal preference may vary.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:11 PM
    If I had to pick one out of the group, I would get the Z30 again. I also own the z10 and two Q10s. At this point, the Slider is not that far away. Might want to consider waiting. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    10-03-15 01:16 PM