the bold 9900 has no issues with bluetooth in the car
    02-01-15 05:16 PM
    I see this "dying technology" argument coming up again and again. Usually it is brought people who just upgraded and because of that now they appear to themselves as up to date and tech savvy.
    Well, then you completely missed every single evolution in the smartphone market since 2006.
    2006-2009 (give or take), were the years in which someone upgraded from a "dying technology" (BBOS/S60/WM) to something "modern" (Android/iOS) because it was cool or hip. Those were the years of early adoption.

From 2009-2012 (give or take) smartphones started to become a mainstream thing, with evolved capabilities for businesses and consumers alike. This was a stage of evolution and refinement (app stores, eradication of annoying bugs, but especially for Android also fragmentation), coupled with better performing midrange devices.
    Being hip itself, isn't a main motivation anymore. Here it's more about discovery and understanding new features, compared the old dumbphones/BlackBerries (app stores being an important notion here).

2012-2015 were the years of smartphone democratisation.
    Affordable, yet very capable entry-level devices start to appear.
    Most people (especially throughout 2014 and beyond) do not have a need for more expensive phones than midrange devices.
    The groundbreaking evolutions in the smartphone business and the OS have already been materialised, the phones themselves only receive incremental updates now, with hardware not being the major bottleneck for having cheap and capable devices anymore, but the software (has mostly been solved, and majorly talking about Android here).

There aren't a lot of people around, who haven't upgraded their phones already, be it from a dumbphone or a BBOS device.
    So I already doubt that you mostly hear the argument from people "who just upgraded".
    That bandwagon ended in 2012

But are they really?

Do they upgrade their cars every 2-3 years?

Do they upgrade their flat screen TV's every 2-3 years?

How about their home alarm? Do they even have one? And let alone is it older than 2-3 years?

How about their bathrooms? Do they still use manual faucet? Never heard of automatisation in this field?

The list goes on, and people will quickly see and point out how silly this comparisons are.

AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT.
    As you pointed out yourself: the comparisons are silly.
    Simply because home alarms (apart from the connected ones), TVs (apart from 4k and if this is major, is debatable) and bathrooms, haven't made any major advancements in the last ≈10 years.
    Whereas modern smartphones (WM and S60, just like UIQ, were smartphone platforms too) evolved dramatically in their first 5 years of existence?

Cars are too expensive to be replaced every 3 years, though there are legit tax reasons, to lease a new car every 2-3 years.

If it works why change it. One can be extremely smart and successful using existing technology. No need to upgrade.

Smartness has nothing to do with being tech savvy and using the latest technology as well as smart phones won't make anyone smart.

Seems quite clear, but of course all of this has to be pointed out over and over to those, who think they are smart just becasue they happen to use smart phones.
    Two things are of notice:
    The overcompensation you exhibit in that paragraph is strong.
    It's apparently extremely important for you to point out that you are smart even though you use a BlackBerry with BBOS.

Which brings us to number 2:
    This seems to be linked to an inferiority complex, that is caused by your phone, because you attribute too much importance to what other people think of your phone choice.

Anyhow, as I said before, smartphones evolved extremely fast, got cheaper pretty fast, are very capable devices (in some emerging markets, the n1 tool to have Internet access) and have changed our daily lives in more than one way.

And even though a smartphone won't make the bearer smart by default, chances are that, with the possibility to access the Internet and all of those little "useless" smartphone features (apps for ex), the smartphone user will become smarter than the dumb phone user who can't access that information.
    Not to forget that even though BBOS devices aren't exactly capable devices, they are still smartphones.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    02-01-15 05:36 PM
    What is also happening, is that fanboys, who until about a few years ago were completely satisfied using BB7 and were calling any other OS a complicated toy garbage, now since the introduction of BB10 loudly preaching why it is better to use two hands, multiple actions and gestures instead of one simple action. Suddenly they were just as convinced, that one could select text better without trackpad.

I wish all of them lot's of fun watching their favorite Netflix and playing their favorite games on OS10.

If anything, all we need now are Blackberry's in lot's of baby colors.
    Who are you calling "fanboys" anyone that has stuck up for OS7?

who until about a few years ago were completely satisfied using BB7 and were calling any other OS a complicated toy garbage,
    2 years ago BB7 was better than BB10. It wasn't until BB10.2 that the OS has become anywhere close.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 10:17 PM
    As you pointed out yourself: the comparisons are silly.
    Simply because home alarms (apart from the connected ones), TVs (apart from 4k and if this is major, is debatable) and bathrooms, haven't made any major advancements in the last ≈10 years.
    Whereas modern smartphones (WM and S60, just like UIQ, were smartphone platforms too) evolved dramatically in their first 5 years of existence?

Cars are too expensive to be replaced every 3 years, though there are legit tax reasons, to lease a new car every 2-3 years.

It's apparently extremely important for you to point out that you are smart even though you use a BlackBerry with BBOS.
    Seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

1. 10 year old flat screen TV's didn't even had apps. But even a 2 year old TV seems rather outdated compared with the "latest greatest".
    2. Home alarms started evolving exponentially in recent years. You seem to have completely missed that.
    3. Same goes for car's in every respect. Bringing up a perceived high price here against upgrading is rather embarrassing if it comes from someone who is trying to stay cool at all cost.

Finally, opposite to your conclusions about me, quite apparently it is not important to me to upgrade and show smartness. Those people who are smart clearly recognize that.

...and I will leave you with that.
    02-02-15 10:26 AM
    Mop
    02-02-15 08:21 PM
    Sorry...^^^^reading this on my Note 4, waiting on my 9930 to be delivered tomorrow. My finger slipped and autocorrected to mop! Lol
    02-02-15 08:34 PM
    Sorry...^^^^reading this on my Note 4, waiting on my 9930 to be delivered tomorrow. My finger slipped and autocorrected to mop! Lol
    Autocorrect? What's that? ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-02-15 08:56 PM
    Rofl. Are we missing auto correct?

Just like a good steak if never had it you won't miss it

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:35 AM
    I think the classic is too pricy at $400

It should sit just $100 above the q10

That makes more sense

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:11 AM
    Loving my note but there is one thing it just can't compete with my bb9900 the keyboard. Auto correct can be such a nightmare sometimes. Also Tasker can do a lot of nice things but shortcut me felt simpler and more intuitive.

So to me the bold is still the best phone BB ever made. All they needed to do was keep everything the same just increase the power and develop a toolbelt first touch second os. Because when people are thinking of touch Ios and Android are obviously ahead just like BB is ahead of everyone in terms of keyboards and the toolbelt.

BB really needs to change the home button it should bring users back to the home screen but the live tools tiles.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-03-15 07:14 AM
    Turns out BB10 does not even have all the security features of BBOS.

Read post#35 here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11053669

According to that post, on BB10 you can't even selectively disable application permissions for internet access any more.
    02-03-15 02:22 PM

According to that post, on BB10 you can't even selectively disable application permissions for internet access any more.
    That's correct. There is no option in the application permissions menu for internet access.

A classic post via CB10 app
    02-04-15 04:25 PM
    Amend

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:47 PM
    Well, I have a 9930. I semi agree with most of what you said. However using the blue tooth in my car with this phone is a headache, can�t wait to upgrade to a BB10. I am not selling or trading in my 9930 for all the reasons mentioned in so many other posts. I�m sticking with BB. All Smartphone�s have there strengths and weaknesses. Smart people use there Smartphone�s in the area of its strengths not its weakness. If they didn�t they wouldn�t be smart and nether would there phones. Best, T500J
    Your just running out of RAM and the CPU is to slow

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:51 PM
    Classic problems and I need ur help:
    1. When I add a birthday or anniversary it never comes up on the calendar.
    2. Where did the categories go for the contacts
    3. Why does it take a long time while looking up a contact inside the contacts, also Txt is quicker than it appears on the screen
    4. How can we backup and restore only task or calendar items

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:24 PM
    Classic problems and I need ur help:
    1. When I add a birthday or anniversary it never comes up on the calendar.
    4. How can we backup and restore only task or calendar items

Posted via CB10
    1.: You need an app for this, because the OS does not support it.
    The free app is called meebirthdays and can be found here:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20353014

4. Not possible with BlackBerry tools. You need a 3rd party app like fire chest backup if you want to backup calendar items separately. I think it is not possible yet to backup tasks seperately.

A classic post via CB10 app
    FireChestApps likes this.
    02-15-15 07:54 PM
    Thank you for your reply but it's a petty cause the 9900 was doing this and now we are back 10 years

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:49 AM
    I started this thread and finally gave up on Classic... besides all other issues it started to be soo sloow it just didn't make sense to call it productive anymore. I thought slow specs would not bother me but literally waiting 2-3 seconds for screens to load is to much aggravation...
    I was never a hater, don't get me wrong again... I want to be able to pay a load of money for next Classic and be happy so I want to know is someone out there is listening and can implement and deliver...
    (I switched to passport for now, a little bulky but I'm very happy other wise...)
    When you look for other problem solutions, with T-mobile for example, you can see that T-mobile reps are there to participate in threads, why cannot BlackBerry do the same. I have a feeling like classic is another beta version of product, customers are using is and giving feedback but Noone is there to listen...;-(

Posted via CB10
    WES51 likes this.
    02-28-15 11:17 AM
    At least for now, bring back Alt/Shift+trackpad shortcuts for copy/paste, Alt+char for accented characters input (so much quicker than waiting to tap them), un/holstered profiles, calendar app redesign (takes so many taps) -> overall more effective use of trackpad + hw keyboard, please!
    VeryBumpy and Johberry like this.
    03-03-15 07:34 AM
119 ... 345