Hi All,

I have a BlackBerry 9930 and have been waiting to get my hands on the unlocked version of the Classic directly from BlackBerry. The reason I am after the unlocked version is because I don't like Verizon's preloaded applications and I also dislike my carrier's logo on my phone. After all, why should I advertise for them for free especially if I'm buying the phone up front.

Since the Classic was released for Verizon, I've been checking the the shop.blackberry.com everyday and then I realized today how much of a fool I am. I found that the unlocked version of the Z30 is not available for Verizon either and that phone has been out for a while now and it's one of the more popular ones. I'm dreaming to think that BlackBerry will release the unlocked version of the Classic for Verizon anytime soon. If this was part of their practice, wouldn't they have done it for the Z30?

Am I correct in my assessment? I'm just trying to connect the dots here...it doesn't make sense to wait. I also contacted BlackBerry and they gave me the generic response of "we don't know."

I keep my phones for at least 3 to 4 years and it bugs me that Verizon shoves preloaded apps in the phone that you cannot delete. That would be my biggest pet peeve but then they write their name on this beautiful phone too. Call me picky.

Bobby
    04-04-15 01:35 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier, therefore, Unlocked would pertain only to the International GSM bands. You cannot put anything but a Verizon specific phone on their network.
    04-04-15 03:39 PM
    BlackBerry does not sell Verizon versions of their phones direct. One of the giant downsides of being a Verizon customer, you're stuck buying Verizon branded phones that they've approved.
    04-04-15 03:43 PM