Don't know what u guys are talking about.
    I block certain numbers all the time

Check out Call Manager PRO in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59942544

Cost like 4 bucks but works everytime perfectly.
    Just need to search the app data more

Posted via CB10
    Oh really? Because I paid for it, it didn't work and I have received no response to the email I sent to the dev about it not working. What OS version are you running?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:23 PM
    Don't know what u guys are talking about.
    I block certain numbers all the time

Check out Call Manager PRO in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59942544

Cost like 4 bucks but works everytime perfectly.
    Just need to search the app data more

Posted via CB10
    We here in this thread appreciate BlackBerry for its native excellence. We understand that BlackBerry has some pitfalls, but for the most part I believe we could all agree that we would rather work with the phones native "baked in" features of the OS rather than tinker with third party programs that you have to install in order to enhance the OS. We will leave that mode to other platforms that I won't mention. They rely on programs to enhance their OS functionality. BlackBerry pretty much has functionality done correct. I'm being objective here. I understand nothing is perfect.

I don't want to turn this to a fan conversation. Had to put the disclaimer before I get hit over the head!! Lol.

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-21-15 08:38 AM
    We here in this thread appreciate BlackBerry for its native excellence. We understand that BlackBerry has some pitfalls, but for the most part I believe we could all agree that we would rather work with the phones native "baked in" features of the OS rather than tinker with third party programs that you have to install in order to enhance the OS. We will leave that mode to other platforms that I won't mention. They rely on programs to enhance their OS functionality. BlackBerry pretty much has functionality done correct. I'm being objective here. I understand nothing is perfect.

I don't want to turn this to a fan conversation. Had to put the disclaimer before I get hit over the head!! Lol.

I agree with you. I wish BB would put this right in the OS. I know they aren't perfect and they have made many improvements, enough to run a Z30 as my daily driver. On the other hand I personally don't mind purchasing an app that works in the mean time. I want to support devs' wallets but when I pay for something that doesn't work it makes this a poor situation to be in.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 09:22 AM
    Oh really? Because I paid for it, it didn't work and I have received no response to the email I sent to the dev about it not working. What OS version are you running?

Posted via CB10

Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150121_105029_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 09:51 AM
    You're right. Devs that are looking to make a quick buck and try their hand at writing programs make the whole ecosystem look poor. What can you do.....?

01-21-15 05:26 PM
    Update to the incident that I have open with BlackBerry. Looks like they have yet to find an answer.

I can say that this particular rep that I've been interacting with seems to be taking ownership to getting me some answers. I've been doing my best to make the BlackBerry representative accountable to us the consumers.

It seems as if far too many times the consumers want is disregarded by the "big companies" the second we lay down our dollars. Getting the "big companies" to truly have the consumers best interest in mind is the movement and vision I have been trying to promote via my BBM channel. "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 if you're interested in making the big companies work for us "the consumer" than tune into my channel and find out how together we can make real change happen.
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150123_215752.png
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150123_234312.png

01-23-15 10:50 PM
    I'm still following this issue closely guys. The native call blocking seems to be a matter of misunderstanding on the BlackBerry side. I've been corresponding with the reps for a few days now. They are still investigating.

Rest assured that I'm not letting the BlackBerry representatives off the hook easily. I wish you guys could be "cc'd" on the email threads in response to this matter. If you'd like to be in on exactly what is going on then connect with me via a pin message. Attached you'll see an excerpt from my email to them after a futile attempt on the BlackBerry reps part to pass me off to T-mobile to get the answers that BlackBerry can't get answers to enjoy.... lol

It's funny cause this lack of knowledge on this small issue on blackberries part would be a great conversation to be had on a BlackBerry channel that I found to be on top of these type of concerns. C00285CE7 "POWER OF CHOICE"

01-25-15 08:14 PM
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150125_211059.png

01-25-15 08:16 PM
    So BB built an OS and they don't know how it works!

Z 30
    01-25-15 08:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_211059.png 
Views:	529 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	329727

They gave me the run around too on my visual voicemail not working properly. And it stopped working again for some odd reason and I didn't even change anything!

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-25-15 11:35 PM
    So BB built an OS and they don't know how it works!

Z 30
    Yes sad to say! I'm not sure how this huge disconnect happens within their infrastructure. I wish I knew how or who to speak to about it. I've been really doing my best to see this issue to resolve. But the BlackBerry service reps are not informed! They just don't have what it takes to fix or resolve issues. I'm not sure if it's because they don't have the training or if it's because they don't have the support they need to find answers... either way it's a very poor look for the brand of BlackBerry when they cannot support their own product.

This rep keeps pushing it off as a T-mobile problem... CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I mean T-mobile doesn't even support BlackBerry products and here I have a BlackBerry rep telling me they have the answer or "fix" to this issue... it's just plain pathetic if you ask me....any one have any answers on how we can get BlackBerry to step up to the plate and do a little better on this front?

eji930 likes this.
    01-26-15 11:54 PM
    Sadly, s most know, these Blackberry customer service reps are all somewhere in Asia Pacific and all they have to go on is the help literature that Blackberry provides them. I'm thinking in order to cut costs and try and stay afloat, it was more "economical" for BB to farm the help dept out.
    My frustrations with them and the issues i have are so high, I gave up calling them.
    Their solution to my Hardware and software problem was go to the provider. Once they do the standard steps they are given and if the issue isn't resolved, they will push you to your provider.
    With all 6 reps I spoke to, I asked them to pull out their Blackberry so I could walk through the issue and not one of them had a BB at their disposal to test and when I asked what phone they owned, not one of them said a BB, lol. Sadly I think you are getting the best "minimum wage" can offer.
    I have receieved all my help from this forum, from BB users.
    01-29-15 07:53 AM
    Sadly, s most know, these Blackberry customer service reps are all somewhere in Asia Pacific and all they have to go on is the help literature that Blackberry provides them. I'm thinking in order to cut costs and try and stay afloat, it was more "economical" for BB to farm the help dept out.
    My frustrations with them and the issues i have are so high, I gave up calling them.
    Their solution to my Hardware and software problem was go to the provider. Once they do the standard steps they are given and if the issue isn't resolved, they will push you to your provider.
    With all 6 reps I spoke to, I asked them to pull out their Blackberry so I could walk through the issue and not one of them had a BB at their disposal to test and when I asked what phone they owned, not one of them said a BB, lol. Sadly I think you are getting the best "minimum wage" can offer.
    I have receieved all my help from this forum, from BB users.
    100% correct. It is pointless to spend time talking to someone on the other side of the world who is paid (probably minimal wages) to answer questions by reading from a script, who has no practical experience with the devices at hand. So the obvious answer nowadays is not to take any personal responsibility for customer satisfaction, get the customer off the phone asap and/or send them to someone else. It's funny how nowadays if someone I talk to actually DOES know what he/she is doing and he/she DOES make sure things are resolved to my satisfaction, I want to give them a hug. That should be the norm, not the exception, but it's not.

This call blocker issue is a joke. I too had your experience of frustration - he said/she said scenario. BB doesn't know, says to call carrier, then carrier says they never heard of it (they've also never held a BB in their hands either) and tells you to call BB.

Where I work, if I ever told a customer something like that, I would lose my job. And if my company ever treated its customers with such disrespect, we'd be out of business in a New York minute.
    01-29-15 08:00 AM
    Where I work, if I ever told a customer something like that, I would lose my job. And if my company ever treated its customers with such disrespect, we'd be out of business in a New York minute.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is so true!! So the next step is.. how do we prevent or make this problem STOP? This is not just a BlackBerry problem. This is an issue that exist across America and across the world. I'd really like for you guys to tune into the BBM channel C00285CE7 that's in my signature. Its called Power of Choice. I believe issues like these are far too common and we the consumer are always the ones to loose out. Our hard earned dollars are the same dollars that keep these big corporations afloat. We should at least have some ability to make demands on how they should operate.

When you tune into BBM channel C00285CE7 you'll see that there is an option for us the consumer to get resolve to issues like these that we have all experienced. I don't know about you guys but I'm totally fed up!!
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150130_005632.png

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-29-15 11:59 PM
    Look at this pitiful excuse for a customer care representative!!! He basically told me exactly what the first rep told me in the beginning. I guess he didn't realize that we had already gone done this road.

Take a look...
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150201_014338.png
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150201_014254.png

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-01-15 12:46 AM
    Firefighterdrew...I must offer you a note of gratitude for keeping the crackberry/bb community in the loop on your tireless "ping pong" game with BB on the "call blocking" "non"-feature on the BB Classic...thanks.

I, a couple of years ago, tapped danced over this same issue with BB reps, regarding my former Q10, and received the same rigamarole.

I gave up and loaded up an app that worked on the Q10.

Having had the classic a few months I investigated whether the call block feature on the Classic worked....and to my disappointment it didn't so I quickly gave up on it. I then downloaded some apps to block calls and they all do not work properly. This evening, wanting to see if anything has come about blocking calls with the device itself, I just happened to stumble on these posts and discussions.

I think you and some of the folks posting herein are correct....we need to do something more than sit idol...I am posting a link to the FCC who regulates companies that manufacture cell phones that are sold here in the USA.

They have an online consumer complaint process.....so folks let's complain. Maybe Uncle Sam wil put some pressure on BB or possibly the FCC will review their devices more rigorously and how they actually operate in the future will better scrutinized before offered for sale in the US (what's the use of having boobs on a bull if you can't squeeze them?)

Here's the link: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Those willing to be heard and utilize the FCC Consumer Complaint portal please post your progress in this thread.

Regards,
    Another Fed-Up BB Consumer
    canaduh69 likes this.
    02-04-15 09:04 PM
    I'd love to get a response too

It's about time BB got their act together on this. I am about to send my new Classic back because I get too many unwanted calls that I cannot block,

I cannot even set up a silent or off ringtone when I attempt to make a contacts entry for "Dont Answer".
    I use the 'Buzz Off' call blocker. It's in BlackBerry world and never lets a blocked number through.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-05-15 06:48 AM
    Has anyone learned how to utilize the phones native call blocking? The phone asks me for a password but it never accepts it. Very strange.. please help.. BBM me if you can. Thanks.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    Attachment 322344
    The feature has to be enabled by your carrier.

02-05-15 06:50 AM
    I've tried this on my Q10 and ran into exactly the same problem. I would actually like to block incoming calls at the weekend. From what I can see the phone should be able to do it, but I can't get passed the password.

Posted via CB10
    Buzz off has a scheduler so it would block all at certain times or block all except white list or block all except certain numbers or block all when you're in a certain location etc...

Attachment 331946
    Last edited by guygardner73; 02-05-15 at 07:13 AM.
    02-05-15 07:01 AM

Those willing to be heard and utilize the FCC Consumer Complaint portal please post your progress in this thread.
    And for Canadians: CCTS � CPRST | Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services
    02-05-15 08:03 PM
    I never got this to work. BBRY Tech support said it's handled (enabled) at the carrier side, and the carrier has no idea about the feature, but the last answer I got was that nobody knows anything about it. He said, she said situation.

Posted via CB10
    Rogers Wireless has a feature called (1Number) and can log and block calls,block no callid calls,and no number calls. Works great for me but some calls do come thru and 844#'s can't be blocked!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:58 AM
    Has anyone learned how to utilize the phones native call blocking? The phone asks me for a password but it never accepts it. Very strange.. please help.. BBM me if you can. Thanks.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    Attachment 322344
    BlackBerry app world. Check it.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    02-07-15 05:16 PM
    Rogers Wireless has a feature called (1Number) and can log and block calls,block no callid calls,and no number calls. Works great for me but some calls do come thru and 844#'s can't be blocked!

Posted via CB10
    But can you block individual numbers, for example an ex who insists on calling?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:59 PM
    Yes you hve to add your # to the list and once you saved the # is blocked immediately.And Rogers 1number is a free service for customers only.
    02-08-15 10:46 AM
    Firefighterdrew...I must offer you a note of gratitude for keeping the crackberry/bb community in the loop on your tireless "ping pong" game with BB on the "call blocking" "non"-feature on the BB Classic...thanks.

I, a couple of years ago, tapped danced over this same issue with BB reps, regarding my former Q10, and received the same rigamarole.

I gave up and loaded up an app that worked on the Q10.

Having had the classic a few months I investigated whether the call block feature on the Classic worked....and to my disappointment it didn't so I quickly gave up on it. I then downloaded some apps to block calls and they all do not work properly. This evening, wanting to see if anything has come about blocking calls with the device itself, I just happened to stumble on these posts and discussions.

I think you and some of the folks posting herein are correct....we need to do something more than sit idol...I am posting a link to the FCC who regulates companies that manufacture cell phones that are sold here in the USA.

They have an online consumer complaint process.....so folks let's complain. Maybe Uncle Sam wil put some pressure on BB or possibly the FCC will review their devices more rigorously and how they actually operate in the future will better scrutinized before offered for sale in the US (what's the use of having boobs on a bull if you can't squeeze them?)

Regards,
    Another Fed-Up BB Consumer
    Well I'm so glad that you can appreciate my efforts. I'm going through this for all those other BlackBerry consumers that didn't have the time. I also endured this process to ensure myself the ultimate right of "the power of choice".

You see we "the consumer do not have to just stand by and take whatever the big companies dish out to us. I'm so glad to see that you have taken the time to post some links that will take us all to an area where e can voice our distaste of our consumer interactions with the "big company". I admonish all to follow your advice and do as you have suggested ( I know I will).

I admonish you all to take a further step in making your voice heard and making a stand. "Power of Choice" is not just a catch phrase, it's a mind set. The question you must ask yourself after you adopt this mind set is, how much is my hard earned consumer dollar really worth? My answer to that question is the value to our consumer dollars are vastly overlooked and misinterpreted!

Our dollars are extremely powerful!! Our consumer dollars directly effect the very core and structure of economics. Supply and demand is controlled by our dollars. However we still are pushed around and are perpetually force fed whatever the "big company" hands out. If we exercised our "Power OF Choice" and withheld our powerful and valuable consumer dollars from "big companies" our voices would be clearly heard! We have to do this collectively. What would happen if 100,000 consumers decided to withhold their consumer dollars until the consumers voice was heard?

Tune into POWER OF CHOICE BBM channel or follow @thepowofchoice so we can continue to mature this "mind set".

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    Attachment 332614
    Last edited by firefighterdrew; 02-08-15 at 06:48 PM.
    02-08-15 06:37 PM
136 12345 ...