Hi,

I have a BlackBerry Classic which I have purchased unlocked directly from Shop BlackBerry about four months ago. As soon as I caught wind of BlackBerry offering a protection plan for the Passport and Classic I immediately registered my BlackBerry Classic.

My Classic is running quite smooth up until this point (knock on wood), though today I attempted logging into my BlackBerry Protection Plan account and the password did not work. I attempted to reset the password with no success. This is where the uncertainty and suspicion begins.

I call the number listed on my protection plan receipt. A woman picks up the phone and can not figure out how to fix my password. "I then ask her if something was to go wrong with my device how do I make a claim?". She fumbles her response, and tells me I need to send my device back for evaluation, before they send me a new one, although the policy states that I can have a new Classic for the cost of my deductible the next day. I have also previously sent an email to them for clarification without a response.

The whole protection plan itself seems a bit sketchy. Has anybody used it with success or know how it works? I couldn't stay without my classic if something was to go wrong with it, so I would need a new device right away, though I am not to convicted that this would happen.
    06-15-15 03:55 PM
    I have not been there and I don't have the plan, but if it is a @blackberry.com email account and the phone number is at a whatever.blackberry.com site, it is official and can be trusted (and if it fails they are liable).

My theory: It's a very new service and BlackBerry has been known for having issues dealing with new stuff. The information you were given is exactly what they do with defective stuff on a regular basis, send it in, have it evaluated, usually get a brand new unit.

I'd wait and see what you get as a reply for the email.

Also, from the site:

In Canada, for residents of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, and Yukon Territory, BlackBerry Care is an insurance policy issued by Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, 333 Bay Street, Suite 1610 – Box 22, Toronto ON M5H 2R2 and administrated by AMT Warranty Corp. of Canada, ULC, 1900 736 – 6th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 3T7 (c/o P.O. Box 1189, Bedford, TX 76095; USA). For residents of Alberta, Manitoba, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Quebec, BlackBerry Care is an extended warranty contract provided and administrated by AMT Warranty Corp. of Canada, ULC (as obligor), 1900 736 – 6th Avenue SW Calgary, Alberta T2P 3T7 (c/o P.O. Box 1189, Bedford, TX 76095; USA). Terms and conditions apply.
    It could very well be you got in line with somebody from one of those companies that had little to no training on that particular service (very common scenario on telemarketing/help desks).

This is the number you should call in case you need to initiate a claim: (855) 833-5081. I'm betting that's just for that, not for support whatsoever - password and other kinda of infrastructure would be on BlackBerry's end. For that you should try @BlackBerryHelp on twitter (I find it they get to you faster than other channels). Complicated, convuluted, cumbersome? Yes. Sketchy? Unlikely.

Hope this helps.
    06-15-15 07:49 PM
    I use Square Trade with all of my devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:52 PM