The only 3 things that I dislike about the classic, I find it a bit to heavy, maybe because the iphone an other phones I've used weren't that heavy.
    and I find it a bit thicker than I imagined.

The most important thing is the speed of the phone. I have tried the passport and I can really feel the difference in speed. The specs are to low for a phone of this calibre.
    I feel it when I have to apps, and go from phone to contacts etc.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me? .

PS. This is just my opinion. Feel free to cri

Posted by khanium
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    02-02-15 04:52 PM
    Specs are the same as the Q10 I believe (and Z10). You may just used to the super zippy-ness of the Passport.

Not sure what you mean by going from phone to contacts. If your in the phone app....you're already in contacts. I can toggle back and forth pretty fast on mine.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-02-15 04:55 PM
    Why keep posting these?

Was some one here going to say "hey just click the checkbox on setup screen 2 and the unit gets lighter, thinner and faster."

Because obviously BlackBerry puts that as a checkbox in case you thought Classic meant 2001 specs.
    02-02-15 05:08 PM
    Heavy:
    At first I couldn't understand why people were saying the phone was heavy. A few weeks ago I picked up my old Z10, and it was light as a feather compared to my Classic. Now I understand why people say the Classic is heavy. It still doesn't bother me; it's not so heavy that I can't easily use it.

Thick:
    I think the thickness is just right. For a physical keyboard device I like a phone that has a bit of heft and thickness to it. I don't have humongous hands, but they are on the large side, so maybe that's why it feels the right thickness to me. I also don't mind the thickness if that means the phone can be fitted with a larger battery. The Classic lasts me all day on a single charge.

Slow:
    The more I use the Classic the more I notice that it isn't as quick as I'd like it to be. The Passport does feel snappier (as should be expected). When I open an app on the Classic I will sometimes see a dark screen for a second (sometimes 3 seconds). It's not a deal breaker for me since I use my phone mainly for text, email, and phone calls, but I can see how that would be annoying to someone who is always using several apps. I don't use any of the other apps that much. I only have one Android app, and I use it sparingly; it performs well.
    Coach57, allwi and moyah8 like this.
    02-02-15 05:14 PM
    Heavy:
    At first I couldn't understand why people were saying the phone was heavy. A few weeks ago I picked up my old Z10, and it was light as a feather compared to my Classic. Now I understand why people say the Classic is heavy. It still doesn't bother me; it's not so heavy that I can't easily use it.

Thick:
    I think the thickness is just right. For a physical keyboard device I like a phone that has a bit of heft and thickness to it. I don't have humongous hands, but they are on the large side, so maybe that's why it feels the right thickness to me. I also don't mind the thickness if that means the phone can be fitted with a larger battery. The Classic lasts me all day on a single charge.

Slow:
    The more I use the Classic the more I notice that it isn't as quick as I'd like it to be. The Passport does feel snappier (as should be expected). When I open an app on the Classic I will sometimes see a dark screen for a second (sometimes 3 seconds). It's not a deal breaker for me since I use my phone mainly for text, email, and phone calls, but I can see how that would be annoying to someone who is always using several apps. I only have one Android app, and I use it sparingly; it performs well.
    Leave active frames open. Most people are used to os7 having apps running in background and therefore 'opening' instantly. Just gotta get used to using active frames.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-02-15 05:17 PM
    I have never understood people when they say that a phone is too heavy. Did you heart explode when you picked it up?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:17 PM
    I have never understood people when they say that a phone is too heavy. Did you heart explode when you picked it up?

Posted via CB10
    Well the passport is really heavy and would be difficult for someone with small hands to hold for a long period of time. What's hard to understand? Classic isn't as heavy of course but compared to a q5 it's very heavy. Does it make a difference ? For some people yes
    02-02-15 08:26 PM
    Wow! I like the weight; the speed is amazing; and I can think of NOTHING lacking in the Classic. I wonder why some people have issues and others sail along? This phone is just so amazing! Even the camera is great!

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    02-02-15 08:26 PM
    Gotta agree on the slowness, that's why I jumped back to my passport

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    berryHermit likes this.
    02-02-15 08:29 PM
    Wow! I like the weight; the speed is amazing; and I can think of NOTHING lacking in the Classic. I wonder why some people have issues and others sail along? This phone is just so amazing! Even the camera is great!

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    Those are just people who criticize on a daily basis with no jobs....

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-02-15 08:32 PM
    I also am enjoying my classic, no problems at all. I guess I got a good one out of the bunch!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:34 PM
    To heavy, thick, and beyond!

Oh, you meant "too" I was thinking you were doing a buzz lightyear, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 and L o r d R a j like this.
    02-02-15 08:51 PM
    Well we can finally close the thread as Mr Obvious made the necessary appearance to point out the grammatical error.

Gerunds for Slagman5... at theaters this summer.
    BerryRipe and L o r d R a j like this.
    02-02-15 09:56 PM
    To heavy, thick, and beyond!

Oh, you meant "too" I was thinking you were doing a buzz lightyear, lol.

That was classic!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 10:19 PM
    I switched from Passport to Classic and the lower performance doesn't bother me that much. Actually in most uses I don't really notice it at all. My major gripe is the Calendar, which reacts slower, especially when adding multiple events compared to Passport. Also the new search feature works slower. This might however be a software issue related to 10.3.x, never noticed it this bad on my Q10.

Besides I can't complain. Maybe because I:
    First don't use (m)any Android apps, from what I've read, this is where the Passport's hardware really starts to shine.
    Second: I already used the Q10 for more than one and a half year and never really complained regarding the performance. Since the Classic is the same, I knew it wouldn't bother me. Yes, even after I tried the Passport for well over two months!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:10 AM
    Well we can finally close the thread as Mr Obvious made the necessary appearance to point out the grammatical error.

Gerunds for Slagman5... at theaters this summer.
    You must be fun at parties. :-P

In other words, lighten up, it was a joke. I read the title like buzz lightyear's famous saying, so thought it was funny, lol.

02-03-15 09:51 AM
    The phone looks and feels solid. I think it's the nicest looking phone out there. The performance could improve. I agree with you there.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-03-15 01:38 PM
    The weight is perfect, also the design of the device. I'm running the latest leak, and the classic is more than fast.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:48 PM
    There's just more to the device. Physical keyboard is the main thing that makes this a heavier device. If you like ultra light phones then this might not be your cup of tea.

Personally I like the fact that when I'm holding the device I know it's in my hand.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    mk2234 likes this.
    02-03-15 01:53 PM
    I disagree for my own personal opinion.
    I've had really light phones before and I feel like they would fly out of my hand without a case, the weight/thickness for me is great because the device feels sturdy and well made. As far as speed it's pretty quick enough considering this is a great messaging device and I feel as if everything is unified unlike my iphone 5s and Nexus 5 devices along with their respective operating systems. For me the only time it lags is when I use android apps or some music streaming apps such as Soundcloud and Pandora which updates in the future should take care of. But I do agree that devices such as the Passport would be zippier since it's made for a power house prosumer

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:51 PM
    Heavy thick slow and TO WIDE! Could easily operate my 9790 with one thumb, now need to hands to type, a real disappoint. Now looking to go back to a smaller os7 phone.
    02-03-15 04:47 PM
    Heavy thick slow and TO WIDE! Could easily operate my 9790 with one thumb, now need to hands to type, a real disappoint. Now looking to go back to a smaller os7 phone.
    To wide? Where's that and why are you going there?

eji930, gnirkatto and andy957 like this.
    02-03-15 06:21 PM
    I have both Passport and now Classic as well and I can say that both phones are amazing!!!
    I find myself typing with much better speed and accuracy on Classic and using Passport for viewing media and reading books.
    Both phones are quick for me and the feeling of the Classic might turn me from Passport to Classic

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 06:25 PM
    I took the battery out of mine to make it lighter. Now the screen is so dark I can't read anything!

Bwwaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    02-03-15 06:27 PM
    just another rotten fruit sheep ******** about anything and everything.
    L is for LOOSER!
    02-03-15 06:33 PM
61 123