Hi All,

I received the classic on Friday and everything was working fine, I was able to play videos and hear sounds from the phone. I turn the phone to vibrate mode, and notice that yesterday that my alarm doesn't go off at it's usual time (figured that I just slept through my alarm or that the volume was too low). Then, later yesterday night I found out that there aren't any sounds coming through the phone at all.

I've switch the profile back to normal, and even did a factory reset to see if it's some app that I installed, but the problem still persists. The audio works perfectly fine through the headphone jack and I can hear calls through the receiver just fine. It seems like it's similar to a problem on the z10s (can't post the link unfortunately since I have <10 posts), and they recommended to remove the battery cover and tap a certain part of the phone, but I can't do that since there isn't a cover anymore.

This is my first phone since the 9900, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    12-23-14 11:24 AM
    That's unfortunate.

My suggestion would be to contact the retailer in which you purchased from, or contact BlackBerry directly via the support number included in your box.
    12-23-14 11:33 AM
    With the 10 it was the speaker that somehow got disconnected and it was fixed by tapping it on the backside of the speaker. U could give it a try by doing the same thing, don't need to remove any cover. Have a song playing while u are doing it so I can immediately tell if it's having an effect or not. But still, this shouldn't happen. By the way this only temporarily fixed my friends speaker for a month, then it went completely dead....

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:40 AM
    Hi All,

I received the classic on Friday and everything was working fine, I was able to play videos and hear sounds from the phone. I turn the phone to vibrate mode, and notice that yesterday that my alarm doesn't go off at it's usual time (figured that I just slept through my alarm or that the volume was too low). Then, later yesterday night I found out that there aren't any sounds coming through the phone at all.

I've switch the profile back to normal, and even did a factory reset to see if it's some app that I installed, but the problem still persists. The audio works perfectly fine through the headphone jack and I can hear calls through the receiver just fine. It seems like it's similar to a problem on the z10s (can't post the link unfortunately since I have <10 posts), and they recommended to remove the battery cover and tap a certain part of the phone, but I can't do that since there isn't a cover anymore.

This is my first phone since the 9900, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    it has to be a setting for the alarm....I have the same problem alarm doesn't sound
    12-23-14 11:52 AM
    If you go into settings and test a ringtone and cannot hear anything, ring up the people you purchased the device from and get a replacement buddy.

Seems to be a few faulty devices out there right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:01 PM
    found it..checked >alarm option in add an alarm>what is the volume at? at the bottom of the screen
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-23-14 at 12:16 PM.
    12-23-14 12:01 PM
    Hi All,

Your phone comes with a 30 day direct service contract with BB, and I'm sure the retailer will honor an exchange if there is a problem as well. So check both avenues now before that time period expires.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-14 12:29 PM
    Could it be a software problem that triggered by switching sound profile?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    12-23-14 01:02 PM
    Could it be a software problem that triggered by switching sound profile?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    sometimes it is by default when it is turn off...when having a new phone always better to check all the profile...now while having a new phone and playing around with it one could disable something by accident....there is so many places to adjust them
    12-23-14 01:20 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something silly with os10. I did change profiles (and reset the phone), but nothing works. I'm probably gonna go through with the warranty with shopbb.
    12-24-14 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something silly with os10. I did change profiles (and reset the phone), but nothing works. I'm probably gonna go through with the warranty with shopbb.
    Hey have you tried a simple hard reboot? Holding both volume keys until the phone restarts
    12-24-14 12:39 PM
    I bought my blackberry classic in February. It has been working perfectly, until yesterday when I noticed that my phone stopped ringing. I have tried every thing, restart, reset etc. It's still not working. pls help.
    05-06-15 02:28 PM
    Already suggested, but I didn't notice--thus I deleted my response.
    05-07-15 02:30 PM
    I bought my blackberry classic in February. It has been working perfectly, until yesterday when I noticed that my phone stopped ringing. I have tried every thing, restart, reset etc. It's still not working. pls help.
    Same problem to me, so sad
    05-07-15 07:18 PM