Here is my dilemma. Right now I am using the HTC One M8 which a great phone, but I find the device a bit too large in my opinion and want to go with a somewhat smaller phone. I am in the middle of a two year contract which means I would have to buy a phone outright through Bell which isn't big deal, but I am invested (not too much, mainly music) into Google Play store.

I have had my eye on the Classic ever since it was announced late last year as I do miss the tactile keyboard when I was using the BB9900. The Z10 didn't appeal to me when I had it shortly after release, and have been on Android ever since. I am also interested in the Samsung Edge, but the thing is I don't use my phone for a whole lot other than texting, facebook, twitter, emails, the occasional app, music player for the gym, and some phone calls; so I keep asking myself if a $800+ phone is worth the purchase or go with less expensive device such as the Classic which is $499? I know I am the only one that can truly answer that question.

The main thing that I am concerned with, and the question to you guys (the community) is the music. Is there a way to have Google Play music on a Classic? I know you can transfer songs via SD card or hooking up the USB through a computer and what not, but the ability to access the store and purchase songs to go straight to the phone?
    themightyshark likes this.
    03-27-15 05:22 PM
    Check out Go Music in BlackBerry App World. Not the greatest, but best I've found so far.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-27-15 05:38 PM
    thanks for the response. Sorry, I did find my answer. This thread can go buy buy now.
    03-27-15 05:39 PM
    I've been making purchases with Google Play Music on the Passport. It's probably the best source to buy music on a BlackBerry at the moment because HMV/7digital isn't very user friendly with redownloading already purchased music.

However there is a downside where you get constant notifications in the Hub reminding you Play Services does not work. I've heard stories about BBM Android notifications annoying people well now I know how they feel because Google Play Music is becoming a nuisance.

Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224103.jpg
    Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224123.jpg
    Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224146.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:41 PM
    Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224435.jpg

Also the middle button is the mute but it won't work on any android port. Except HMV which was especially built for BlackBerry. Actually I'm not sure I'll get back to you on that.

Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224828.jpg
    Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224855.jpg
    Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224920.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Classic and music?-img_20150327_224405.jpg  
    03-27-15 05:49 PM
    Man, I'm so glad I still have my entire music collection on good old fashioned hard copies most of which I have 'ripped' to mp3. I would never rely on music apps or the Internet for the ability to listen to my music. I guess I'm lucky that I grew up during the 'disconnected' years when a person would go to HMV or wherever on pay days to stock up on music. LoL

I have a ton of my favorite music on my SD card as well as my 1TB 'personal cloud' that I control, which is actually a 'cloudless cloud' because it's available to me regardless if I have Internet access or even power (I can run it on solar).

Most people don't even have a disc drive to rip music to files with!!! LMAO, like my Surface Pro 3 for example. Good thing I keep an old laptop kicking around for precisely the purpose of ripping music from my collection, otherwise I'd have to get an external USB device.

I absolutely cannot listen to regular radio or anything else that most peeps listen to, drives me insane. It usually has to be Madlib instrumentals or Quasimoto. Anything from Stones Throw. Or Howard Stern, which is a rare treat provided somebody has satellite radio.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:48 PM
    I've been making purchases with Google Play Music on the Passport. It's probably the best source to buy music on a BlackBerry at the moment because HMV/7digital isn't very user friendly with redownloading already purchased music.

However there is a downside where you get constant notifications in the Hub reminding you Play Services does not work. I've heard stories about BBM Android notifications annoying people well now I know how they feel because Google Play Music is becoming a nuisance.det

Posted via CB10
    You may not know that you can turn off those notifications. Run Blackberry Google ID -> top right menu -> Android Settings -> Apps -> Google Music -> Notification.

This works for all Android apps, including Google Maps.
    03-28-15 08:30 AM
    You may not know that you can turn off those notifications. Run Blackberry Google ID -> top right menu -> Android Settings -> Apps -> Google Music -> Notification.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:10 AM
    Try side load google play?
    03-28-15 10:39 AM
    How can I get Google play music to work on my classic... please point me to the thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:52 AM
    Google play music works good on the classic. Just search google there is a crackberry link. I think the first one it has all the downloads there and how to do it. It's very easy
    Blackberry Classic and music?-20150328_115747.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:08 PM

Wait, where is this setting located?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-28-15 01:51 PM
    Here is my dilemma. Right now I am using the HTC One M8 which a great phone, but I find the device a bit too large in my opinion and want to go with a somewhat smaller phone. I am in the middle of a two year contract which means I would have to buy a phone outright through Bell which isn't big deal, but I am invested (not too much, mainly music) into Google Play store.

I have had my eye on the Classic ever since it was announced late last year as I do miss the tactile keyboard when I was using the BB9900. The Z10 didn't appeal to me when I had it shortly after release, and have been on Android ever since. I am also interested in the Samsung Edge, but the thing is I don't use my phone for a whole lot other than texting, facebook, twitter, emails, the occasional app, music player for the gym, and some phone calls; so I keep asking myself if a $800+ phone is worth the purchase or go with less expensive device such as the Classic which is $499? I know I am the only one that can truly answer that question.

The main thing that I am concerned with, and the question to you guys (the community) is the music. Is there a way to have Google Play music on a Classic? I know you can transfer songs via SD card or hooking up the USB through a computer and what not, but the ability to access the store and purchase songs to go straight to the phone?
    With all the music gadgets I have I still go back to my Sony Walkman MP3 player with 6g of storage.
    Blackberry Classic and music?-pokercombo.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:19 PM
    Google play music works good on the classic. Just search google there is a crackberry link. I think the first one it has all the downloads there and how to do it. It's very easy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150328_115747.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	344283

Posted via CB10
    Got it! Thanks

I found that Beats Music runs smooth on the classic. Spotify just lagged to much for me.
    03-28-15 03:20 PM

I had trouble finding it but it's a small checkbox near the top

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:26 PM

did you install Blackberry Google ID to get the play store?

Open Blackberry Google ID app and tap the overflow menu at the top right.... or hit the blackberry menu button if you have the classic
    03-28-15 03:41 PM
    did you install Blackberry Google ID to get the play store?

Open Blackberry Google ID app and tap the overflow menu at the top right.... or hit the blackberry menu button if you have the classic
    Oh ok, that's why, no, I went the barbaric way just getting my apps through snap, 1mobile, or amazon. One day I'll do that way you're talking about, seems to be a bit better. I've just been lazy, lol.

03-28-15 04:24 PM