This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Classic. Similar Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 threads are located here, here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge:

BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies-classic.png

How this works: click to enlarge the image above, and then compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Classic is best for your use. If your carrier is not listed, see FAQ post below.
    Last edited by raino; 08-07-15 at 12:24 PM. Reason: LTE 700 corrections
    11-19-14 09:17 PM
    FAQ

1. What do I do if my carrier is not listed?

If your carrier is not listed, ask! CB is a great community with many knowledgeable and helpful people, and we will do a compatibility check for you.

At the very least, all models are quad-band GSM, so they will work on all GSM (2G) networks.

2. What is this 'Comparable to' column?

If you already own a BB10 phone (pre-Passport,) you can quickly and easily figure out which Classic to get by looking at this column. The Classic model listed will always meet or exceed compatibility for the corresponding BB10 phones listed in this column.

3. What is this list of Compatible Carriers?

If a Classic model/variant has all the bands for a carrier's network frequencies, that carrier will appear in the "Compatible Carriers" list below that model's information. This list may not be complete, because I cannot check each and every carrier's compatibility. I have done my best to research complete compatibility, but I cannot guarantee it.

4. Will there be updates to this graphic?

Yes. This thread is a work in progress. It will be updated frequently. Usually, my sources of most information are "official" listings/documents: ShopBlackBerry listings, BlackBerry manuals, FCC filings, etc. As more information is made available, I will double check everything and update as necessary. And as mentioned above, if someone wants to come up with an easy and efficient way to generate a Partially Compatible Carriers list, I will add that too.

5. If my carrier uses multiple bands, what's the best way to find out which networks are around me?

If you already have a BB10 phone, there is a way through escreens to find out which network your phone is parked on. Click here for UMTS instructions, here for LTE instructions. This is the best localized check you can do to make sure you are looking at the most compatible Classic for the networks around you.

For instructions to run similar tests on iPhones, click here. For Samsung Galaxy devices, dial *#0011# and look for RRC band. Credit to @yhamaie for all this excellent information.

6. What's the deal with Verizon and Sprint, will the SQC100-4 work?

While this model has Verizon's LTE bands 13 and 4, Verizon reps have been unable to activate non-CDMA BB10 phones (i.e. the Passport) on their network, most likely because of the missing CDMA bands. So this model will not work on Verizon at least until voLTE is deployed in 2016, if at all.

This phone also has Sprint's LTE band 25. Just like Verizon, Sprint does not activate non-CDMA phones on their network, so this model should not work. If someone with a Sprint LTE SIM wants to confirm, please let me know.

I would not recommend buying the SQC100-4 for use on Verizon or Sprint.

7. Anything else I should know?

This is a community driven thread. So if you buy a Classic and would like to chime in with compatibility information, please feel free to do so and I will update the OP. I won't edit the list of "Compatible Carriers" unless I'm provided with solid proof (carriers' websites confirming bands/sub-models, other semi-reputable printed sources such as Wikipedia, etc.)
    Last edited by raino; 10-22-15 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Added Verizon and Sprint FAQ
    pipishen, Mr4aces, Frehley and 1 others like this.
    11-19-14 09:18 PM
    Only the SQN100-5 will work on Wind. I had an SQN100-1 and it would not. The 100-1 can only connect to T-Mobile's network in areas that they share infrastructure with, I think, Verizon.

It's the 1700/2100 AWS band that is required for Wind service.

Posted via CB10
    Gonzalo Medina likes this.
    11-25-14 09:39 PM
    This is particularly puzzling. Classic was supposed to be a Verizon exclusive in the U.S. AT&T got the Passport exclusive. No CDMA bands is giving me the shakes! Maybe it's too early to see the CDMA version. The Z30 launched globally on GSM and then a month later on Verizon. And December 17th is still a way's away.
    11-25-14 10:17 PM
    This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Classic. Similar Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 threads are located here, here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge:

Attachment 315646

How this works: click to enlarge the image above, and then compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Classic is best for your use. If your carrier is not listed, see FAQ post below.
    Any info on SQC 100-2 or SQC 100-3?
    11-25-14 10:57 PM
    Only the SQN100-5 will work on Wind. I had an SQN100-1 and it would not. The 100-1 can only connect to T-Mobile's network in areas that they share infrastructure with, I think, Verizon.

It's the 1700/2100 AWS band that is required for Wind service.
    Wrong thread?

This is particularly puzzling. Classic was supposed to be a Verizon exclusive in the U.S. AT&T got the Passport exclusive. No CDMA bands is giving me the shakes! Maybe it's too early to see the CDMA version. The Z30 launched globally on GSM and then a month later on Verizon. And December 17th is still a way's away.
    I have seen some stuff about Verizon Classic models (yes, models.) Just...nothing that suggests a release right away.

Any info on SQC 100-2 or SQC 100-3?
    Yes. The SQC100-2 has been through the FCC. I don't know it's entire band complement yet, but it has at least AT&T-friendly bands.

Nothing 'official' about the SQC100-3.
    11-26-14 12:17 AM
    Wrong thread?
    Sorry, that was just after noticing the "comparable to" column.
    12-02-14 09:30 AM
    So if I pick up a Classic in Singapore, it won't work on Canadian networks?
    12-02-14 09:34 AM
    So if I pick up a Classic in Singapore, it won't work on Canadian networks?
    Assuming they sell the -1 in Singapore, it will be partially compatible on Canadian networks since it has the UMTS 850 and 1900 bands, which all three big carriers use nationwide. Plus depending on where you are, you may even get LTE on Bell or Rogers because of their band 7 networks.

It's just not fully compatible with Canada because of the missing UMTS 1700 band (used by Wind/Mobilicity/Vid�otron,) and the corresponding LTE band 4 (used by Telus.)
    12-02-14 12:23 PM
    Assuming they sell the -1 in Singapore, it will be partially compatible on Canadian networks since it has the UMTS 850 and 1900 bands, which all three big carriers use nationwide. Plus depending on where you are, you may even get LTE on Bell or Rogers because of their band 7 networks.

It's just not fully compatible with Canada because of the missing UMTS 1700 band (used by Wind/Mobilicity/Vid�otron,) and the corresponding LTE band 4 (used by Telus.)
    Ok, so assuming I am on Rogers. I should be OK getting the -1 model and have no problems getting LTE, correct?

Just want to make sure, thanks for your response!
    12-02-14 04:44 PM
    Ok, so assuming I am on Rogers. I should be OK getting the -1 model and have no problems getting LTE, correct?
    I would say you should be ok in most places because the primary Q10 Rogers sells in Canada is the SQN100-3, and the SQC100-1 has all the bands that Q10 has.

A correction on my previous post. The -1 is also missing LTE band 17, which Rogers and Bell have networks for.
    12-02-14 05:41 PM
    Interesting. Studying your list, to confirm the compatibility of the Classic I just ordered from shopblackberry, I noticed something strange:
    The Q10 that I am using (one that Rogers swapped due the my fourth encounter with a defective, double typing keyboard) is in fact a Q10SQN100-3 instead of a Q10SQN100-1. Yet it works. Any thoughts from the people who really grasp these things?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:30 AM
    Interesting. Studying your list, to confirm the compatibility of the Classic I just ordered from shopblackberry, I noticed something strange:
    The Q10 that I am using (one that Rogers swapped due the my fourth encounter with a defective, double typing keyboard) is in fact a Q10SQN100-3 instead of a Q10SQN100-1. Yet it works. Any thoughts from the people who really grasp these things?
    That's the Q10 Rogers chose to sell in stores: the -3. They did have -1s available on special request (perhaps still do.) Apparently they have a good enough, nationwide band 7 LTE network. So if the -3 Q10 with its bands was good enough for nationwide use on Rogers, the SQC100-1 should be too. But it's not fully compatible, as its Rogers' bands 4 and 17 are missing. All three are present in the -4.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    12-03-14 09:13 AM
    So... With Telus (Canada), what about wireless charging ? Qi or PMA ?
    12-03-14 10:48 AM
    So... With Telus (Canada), what about wireless charging ? Qi or PMA ?
    Wireless charging models are rumored to be the -3/-5 (Verizon, Qi) and the -2 (AT&T, PMA.) The unofficial bands lists for both are Telus-friendly, so as it stands right now, you should be able to pick whichever one you'd want.
    12-03-14 11:53 AM
    I have seen some stuff about Verizon Classic models (yes, models.) Just...nothing that suggests a release right away.
    Aargh/Ugh! . . Verizon is the only service that works where I live . . I guess I can stop obsessing/agonizing now over whether I want a Passport or the Classic :-(
    12-03-14 12:26 PM
    Wireless charging models are rumored to be the -3/-5 (Verizon, Qi) and the -2 (AT&T, PMA.) The unofficial bands lists for both are Telus-friendly, so as it stands right now, you should be able to pick whichever one you'd want.
    So as far as I can tell from what you've indicated, Verizon may quite possibly be getting the Classic albeit at a later date, but probably not the Passport
    12-03-14 01:29 PM
    So as far as I can tell from what you've indicated, Verizon may quite possibly be getting the Classic albeit at a later date, but probably not the Passport
    We are all guessing at this point, but your conclusion seems to be fairly supported by the current, unofficial evidence.
    revtech likes this.
    12-03-14 01:48 PM
    Can anyone explain to me why there can't be just one phone that works on all bands/frequencies? The Passport especially seems large enough to have a bigger chip or two if necessary.

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    12-05-14 01:50 AM
    Aw, not this crap again... why not just make 1 phone for GSM and 1 phone for CDMa (or whatever that deprecated technology is)...

This so ridiculously stupid on Blackberry's part! 4,5 versions of the same phone - a *business* phone no less...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:11 AM
    Can anyone explain to me why there can't be just one phone that works on all bands/frequencies? The Passport especially seems large enough to have a bigger chip or two if necessary.
    I would say carrier accommodation combined perhaps with cost control.
    12-05-14 09:14 AM
    Sqc100-3 hit fcc

One and only knight of the round table belonging to the Peevishlicious Crew- SirJes
    Z30Commission likes this.
    12-05-14 09:24 AM
    S&PI docs have gone up, so I updated the OP with SQC100-2. There's some conflicting information re: the Verizon models, so I'll double check on that before updating again.
    12-17-14 01:32 PM
    Hi everyone, so does the one on Amazon USA fully compatible with Tmobile or do my friends have to wait for that model?

I just got an X blackberry user of 4 years ago interested again and might ditch his iphone for it. I hope it works on T-Mobile.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:50 PM
    Take a look at the screenshot and the link.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies-img_20141218_025611.png

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:59 PM
112 123 ...