Imho the flick typing on the Passport doesn't save as much time as it does on the full touch devices!

You only have 3 word suggestions (as you already have on the Q devices), the only difference is the flick on the keyboard instead of touching the screen! I don't think it saves a lot of time in comparison to the Q10 typing...

If you add the time it takes to find the right special characters ($-!*'+?-...) it won't be better than the previous typing experience (which is excellent btw).

But of course it is a gimmick to show off with that special keyboard...

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    I would maintain the existing keyboard of the Classic as it. Just make it touch enabled. So you don't lose the special characters. But then I never used the hardware keyboard, just a suggestion.
    07-31-14 06:11 AM
    Beautiful (not as gorgeous as the 9900, but close enough. ). Can't wait for its release in stores!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:50 AM
    White, please
    tatytu likes this.
    07-31-14 07:44 AM
    As I've said before, options are good. If you don't have a need for it, then you use a Q10 or a Passport. If you need the trackpad, you now have one.
    I don't want the no BB option. A world with iOS and Android only would be pretty ****ty. (shatty?)
    Options, my friend, options.

I'm not a 100% sure how the basic gesture (swiping up) fits with the track pad, as I think the track pad is an obstacle for your finger...

Last edited by deremi; 07-31-14 at 08:00 AM. Reason: censorship
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    07-31-14 07:58 AM
    There's something about those keyboards

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:09 PM
    Can wait !!!!!! I will call it the Classic BOLD 10.
    07-31-14 06:42 PM
    Maybe just my eyes, but the bottom pic makes the screen look slightly more rectangular than square. Possible its more 4:3 then 1:1? Would play nicer with a lot of apps.
    07-31-14 06:58 PM
    Waiting impatiently to retire my 9930...is it November yet?
    07-31-14 07:52 PM
    Maybe just my eyes, but the bottom pic makes the screen look slightly more rectangular than square. Possible its more 4:3 then 1:1? Would play nicer with a lot of apps.
    It's 1:1 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:44 PM
    I'm not a 100% sure how the basic gesture (swiping up) fits with the track pad, as I think the track pad is an obstacle for your finger...

Um, the screen is above the trackpad... You don't have to start from OFF the screen to do the gesture. I do it all of the time starting from the bottom 10th of the screen...
    07-31-14 10:22 PM
    Does the screen show 3 or 4 rows of apps?

The one in John Chens Hand only shows 3 rows whilst all the mock ups show 4!

Also the one John Chen used in his first presentation slide shows 4 rows!

Uh what a mystery...

08-01-14 12:41 AM

Uh what a mystery...

Maybe all the mockups are exactly that?
    08-01-14 12:45 AM

Uh what a mystery...

The mock ups use a copy/pasted/resized version of the screen on the Passport...
    koebi90 likes this.
    08-01-14 12:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a little while ago that the classic, as well as the q10, would be having 5 columns and 3 rows from 10.3 onwards. There were changes made to the Z series too that included an additional row, I think.

On another note, I love the hub icon replacing the phone on the bottom left. I use that icon alot to get to the root hub after getting into so many layers. Feels cumbersome swiping back to root.

I wonder what they plan to do with longpressing the "menu" key, as legacy used to take you to the app switcher. And if holding "back" can close an app for me instead of tapping that tiny "x" in the active frame, that would be incredible. Then all thats left is homescreen application shortcuts and I'll be in BlackBerry heaven.

Anyone else prefer that they eliminate the touchscreen inputs for picking up or rejecting a call? Or at least make it an option to only use the buttons to pick up/reject.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:47 AM
    These pictures are pretty bad. Those icons are too small, it makes the phone looks unattractive
    08-01-14 03:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a little while ago that the classic, as well as the q10, would be having 5 columns and 3 rows from 10.3 onwards. There were changes made to the Z series too that included an additional row, I think.

On another note, I love the hub icon replacing the phone on the bottom left. I use that icon alot to get to the root hub after getting into so many layers. Feels cumbersome swiping back to root.

I wonder what they plan to do with longpressing the "menu" key, as legacy used to take you to the app switcher. And if holding "back" can close an app for me instead of tapping that tiny "x" in the active frame, that would be incredible. Then all thats left is homescreen application shortcuts and I'll be in BlackBerry heaven.

Anyone else prefer that they eliminate the touchscreen inputs for picking up or rejecting a call? Or at least make it an option to only use the buttons to pick up/reject.

Posted via CB10
    i don't see myself using the touch function much i would love to turn it off especially the call icon on the touch screen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-01-14 05:32 AM
    If the Passport will be priced at $649.99, any hunches on the Classic's price?
    08-01-14 05:51 AM
    This should make a perfect christmas present for many ( but I want it Now )
    08-01-14 06:30 AM
    I'll be grabbing this.
    08-01-14 06:36 AM
    BES12 & Classic = Sucess
    08-01-14 07:34 AM
    It's 1:1 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.
    08-01-14 07:35 AM
    i don't see myself using the touch function much i would love to turn it off especially the call icon on the touch screen

There is no call icon on the touchscreen. Ignore that picture. It's a copied and pasted image from the Passport screen...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-01-14 09:19 AM
    Gonna buy 3 pieces!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-01-14 10:27 AM

It appears that the call icon is replaced with the hub icon on the bottom left of the touchscreen

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:27 AM
    I'm really looking forward to this release!
    08-01-14 01:53 PM
55 123