Al - I did also. It takes a long time to load, the P key does not move the book back a screen, and there is no option to sync now. Should I try to re-install?

This is why I'd like to get the direct install file.
    12-22-15 08:57 PM
    try a search for an older version apk not sure we are allowed to post those here
    12-22-15 09:15 PM
    Conbrio and undefinederror and others -- apparently from this and other threads, a Kindle app was available for the Classic a few months ago. Is there any way for you to send me the same install file? I'm NOT a blackberry maven so would need a bit of help to figure out how to get such a file onto the blackberry and then run it. But I'm willing to try and would prefer to get the app that actually runs on your Classic. (I am a PC person, not an Apple person, if that's relevant.) Thanks.
    I have no idea how to send you the install file. I would if I could!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 11:58 PM
    I use the Google Play version on my Passport and it works fine, although as the BB10 Android runtime falls further behind it seems to take longer and longer to open (I often get asked if I want to close or wait). I think the BBW version, which is an older Android build, doesn't show up for square screen devices because Amazon doesn't think it looks right on them, so we have to look elsewhere.

Once the app loads, I find reading on the Passport quite enjoyable.
    12-28-15 12:55 PM
    http://www.appsapk.com/kindle-app/

Just go that link above and you can get the Amazon Kindle app right away. The ironic thing actually is that Kindle will actually load a lot faster on my Classic than on my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 11:15 PM
    conbrio - thanks. Right now at work, that website is blocked as a malware threat. (I think I had seen it in my recent research for my new Classic and also had doubts about installing anything not from the source like Amazon/Kindle or Google Play.) What do you think about appsapk.com?
    Also, on other threads here, I've learned how to install Play Store and use the "patcher". Unfortunately, even a "patched" new install of Kindle from the Play Store still opens slowly (with the long "kindle" splash screen for approx. 30 seconds) and will not recognize the volume buttons to turn pages.
    On my old old 9930 Bold, the older Kindle app would turn back a page if I hit P. However, the newer version of Kindle on my new Classic does not recognize P. What do YOU do to turn back a page if you want to hit a key?
    12-30-15 12:13 PM
    please let me know how to simply read my amazon e-books on my blackberry classic. amazon is telling me Kindle App is not compatible thus I can't read any of my purchase digital books on my BC. I followed this tread and still can't access my e-books. BWorld and Amazon App Store only offer me Kobo, which does not read amazon purchased books.
    thx
    08-21-16 12:29 PM
    I use the android Kindle app. However I use an old version from 2011 or 2012. It is faster and the kindle app got worse and worse over the years.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    08-24-16 01:12 AM
    Never thought that I would use the Kindle app on the Classic, but I decided to download from Amazon store and try it. It installed without any problems and works pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    The Amazon Appstore is preinstalled on BB10 devices yet some people never think of using it. They go straight to downloading APKs and using hacks to get Google Play on their device, when a simple solution was already there for them. I do wonder.
    08-24-16 07:11 AM
    ohai and others - when I first tried last December on my then-new Classic, I could not find Kindle in BBW, and I recall badly EITHER that the Kindle app from the Amazon store on my Classic didn't work OR it actually didn't exist there, which was bizarre. Which is why I tried the other methods.

(Fastmarc's post is from 1� years ago, and what he found then seemed not to be available 8 months ago. Maybe now things have changed.)

Does the Amazon store now have a Kindle app that works on the Classic? Could some folks please try and let us know?
    08-24-16 07:18 AM
    ohai and others - when I first tried last December on my then-new Classic, I could not find Kindle in BBW, and I recall badly EITHER that the Kindle app from the Amazon store on my Classic didn't work OR it actually didn't exist there, which was bizarre. Which is why I tried the other methods.

(Fastmarc's post is from 1� years ago, and what he found then seemed not to be available 8 months ago. Maybe now things have changed.)

Does the Amazon store now have a Kindle app that works on the Classic? Could some folks please try and let us know?
    Well, I have Kindle on my Classic and it works just fine. It takes a little longer to load than on my Passport, but once loaded it's good to go!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 08:13 AM
    conbrio - your Classic has the Kindle from http://www.appsapk.com/kindle-app that you installed last December? (From appsapk.com?)

Does your Kindle go back or forward a page if you use the external volume buttons on the side of your Classic?
    08-24-16 09:14 AM
    conbrio - your Classic has the Kindle from http://www.appsapk.com/kindle-app that you installed last December? (From appsapk.com?)

Does your Kindle go back or forward a page if you use the external volume buttons on the side of your Classic?
    I can't remember where I installed it from, thought I got it straight from the Amazon Appstore. I just tried the external volume buttons and they don't advance the pages, but the trackpad does!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 11:18 AM
38 12