With the latest OS it seems they finally got the hardware and software synced properly, so the DT has been resolved.

Posted via CB10
    Shin Megami likes this.
    09-17-15 06:45 AM
    I appreciate this DT update. Thanks.
    09-17-15 11:45 AM
    So nobody has double type issue anymore or are people so sick of the issue that they quit posting here? Just curious as I'm still tempted to purchase the Classic even though the phone is getting up their in age.

Posted via CB10--Z10 bcs volume button broke on Z30
    10-20-15 10:12 PM
    With the update- no more DT. Still get some auto power downs, have to hold power button down to turn on.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    10-20-15 10:26 PM
    No more DT on the Classic or the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:45 PM
    We get inverse DT now, where when you try to do a double letter real quickly it only registers one, lol. :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-15 09:45 AM
    Well like my frined Forest Gump said, one less thing to worry about.

So the no more double typing news is fantastic news and brings me one step closer to Classic (I have the feeling I'll get there some day).

One question remains (even if now only as an irrelevant rethorical question), why it took Blackberry close to a decade to come up with a software fix, when the solution was this simple?
    10-25-15 02:31 PM
    Well like my frined Forest Gump said, one less thing to worry about.

So the no more double typing news is fantastic news and brings me one step closer to Classic (I have the feeling I'll get there some day).

One question remains (even if now only as an irrelevant rethorical question), why it took Blackberry close to a decade to come up with a software fix, when the solution was this simple?
    Actually every OS release they tweaked the timing a bit. You'll read others claiming their DT was solved by previous OS releases. I think they just bumped up the compensation to the max with this one so it should cover most people...

10-25-15 04:18 PM
    Update:

Spoke to Blackberry Support today. A DT fix is coming in the next official software release. This isn't news for people who can use the software fix mentioned in earlier posts, however for those like me -- using a Classic in America on Verizon (and unable or willing to download an unofficial release) -- effin finally! Bad news, BB doesn't know when this update will be officially released.

Been barely hanging on to BB bc of the horrific DT of the Q10 (never experience it on my old Tour or Bold), and when my Classic started DT'ing... I nearly threw the thing at the wall. For now... it's not as bad as the Q10, and bc everyone typos these days, noone really notices. But I bought the damn thing for the keyboard and the keyboard better well work! Not too much to ask there.
    11-11-15 04:45 PM
    Update:

Spoke to Blackberry Support today. A DT fix is coming in the next official software release. This isn't news for people who can use the software fix mentioned in earlier posts, however for those like me -- using a Classic in America on Verizon (and unable or willing to download an unofficial release) -- effin finally! Bad news, BB doesn't know when this update will be officially released.

Been barely hanging on to BB bc of the horrific DT of the Q10 (never experience it on my old Tour or Bold), and when my Classic started DT'ing... I nearly threw the thing at the wall. For now... it's not as bad as the Q10, and bc everyone typos these days, noone really notices. But I bought the damn thing for the keyboard and the keyboard better well work! Not too much to ask there.
    It was fixed two updates ago, what OS are you on? If it's so bad that these last few updates don't fix it, then you might just need a new keyboard.

11-12-15 07:00 AM

Ruh roh. Not for me. Mine was a new Classic that came with that software - just double-checked, it's the latest software for my phone. And the rep said "the fix" was still to come, which (for me) is progress b/c previous calls they wouldn't even acknowledge it... or know anything. Don't doubt others are fixed but... I want to be fixed, too! Ha.
    11-12-15 06:14 PM
    Don't wait for the carrier pushed update, go to the leak OS forum and learn how to load updates yourself, never wait on your carrier again, lol.

11-12-15 09:42 PM
    Total novice... never installed a non-carrier update. A part of me is hesitant for fear of installing unofficial software that would void warranty if something went wrong. Would it? What's the differences with those updates vs carrier? Does a phone have to be unlocked or whatever? Help me understand, oh Genius of Geniuses b4 I botch the install and have triple-typing. Ha. Thx!

(I will say, the Classic DT isn't as bad as my Q10 got, but still... totally unacceptable.)
    11-15-15 09:54 PM
    Total novice... never installed a non-carrier update. A part of me is hesitant for fear of installing unofficial software that would void warranty if something went wrong. Would it? What's the differences with those updates vs carrier? Does a phone have to be unlocked or whatever? Help me understand, oh Genius of Geniuses b4 I botch the install and have triple-typing. Ha. Thx!

(I will say, the Classic DT isn't as bad as my Q10 got, but still... totally unacceptable.)
    Well, not sure about the warranty, but I think it only lasts 30 days anyway, so after that you might as well tinker, lol. It doesn't matter if the phone is unlocked or not. Mine is locked on AT&T and I loaded the OS myself. The leak OS forum is a wealth of information and the people there will definitely guide you. It's very simple. If I have time when I get home I can try to give you more details as well...

11-16-15 07:49 AM
    I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to do something like update the OS outside of what the carrier pushes; however, the DT was so irritating that I decided to give it a shot. I did it on a Q10 that was a back up to a back up and I was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I then updated the other Q and then my Classic.

It has been about 6 weeks now and all are smooth. There are threads that have step by step instructions on how to update the OS that some very generous people have taken the time to post (many thanks to those of you who have done this).

Back up your phone and give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 12:54 PM
    Thank you Slagman5 and GraCa for taking the time to help informe me! I'll look closer at those threads and will report back my own results here in the near future.
    Last edited by RAM73; 11-16-15 at 06:12 PM.
    11-16-15 03:35 PM
    Thank you Slagman5 and GraCa for taking the time to help informe me! I'll look closer at those threads and will report back my own results here in the near future.
    Good luck, and it's easy. Literally plug your phone into your computer and run a file and let it sit until it's done. :-)

11-17-15 03:55 PM
    After the last update, I haven't had a single problem with double-typing.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    11-18-15 09:42 AM
    The Double Typing issue was fixed a long time ago. Update your o/s to 10.3.2.2789 and presto, no more problems.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-18-15 10:18 AM
419 ... 151617